UK ‘will be seen as racist’ if Tories reject Rishi Sunak

goose

52 minutes ago, Ranvir said:

Most people would consider himself Indian, he probably does as well but having said that I did work with a Hindu whose parents were from Kenya and he never referred to himself as Indian, I think his ancestors may have been from Pakistan. 

Gujranwala (Pak Punjab)  to be precise during Pre partition days.  He is a Punjabi Hindu by birth.

Can't be called exactly a Indian or Pak origin dude.  He associates himself with India so there's that.  Ultimately roots are from Indian mainland. 

20 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Gujranwala (Pak Punjab)  to be precise during Pre partition days.  He is a Punjabi Hindu by birth.

Can't be called exactly a Indian or Pak origin dude.  He associates himself with India so there's that.  Ultimately roots are from Indian mainland. 

Before partition, the whole region was identified as India. We participated in Commonwealth games, Olympics, Cricket events as "India". So, it was India before partition. This following headline is stupid:

Ff48wvpXoAAIZTR?format=jpg&name=900x900

Edited by coffee_rules

54 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Before partition, the whole region was identified as India. We participated in Commonwealth games, Olympics, Cricket events as "India". So, it was India before partition. This following headline is stupid:

Ff48wvpXoAAIZTR?format=jpg&name=900x900

Yeah these jaahils added "born & raised " too lol:hysterical:...  

Imo if Rishi is Indian origin then Zayn Malik a Mirpuri too would be of Indian origin...  But they are not.  

In the end it's about perspective both sides have no or equal claim...  It's a potential gold mine for Rishi PR wise if he uses it well.  Lot of fun going on after this tweet by Pak media.. 

16 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Imo if Rishi is Indian origin then Zayn Malik a Mirpuri too would be of Indian origin...  But they are not.  

In the end it's about perspective both sides have no or equal claim...  It's a potential gold mine for Rishi PR wise if he uses it well.  Lot of fun going on after this tweet by Pak media.. 

Survivor of Partition Genocide.

One of my grandparents was born in Pakistan and another in Uganda but I still call myself Indian and have no association with the other countries but then again my parents were both born and raised in India. 

Its a similar story with my wife. 

I highly doubt Rishi feels any connection to Pakistan. Throughout his life people would have asked him about his background and I'm sure he would have just said Indian, he's not a coconut and I respect that he follows his religion and culture whilst making it so far in life in Britain. 

1 hour ago, Ranvir said:

One of my grandparents was born in Pakistan and another in Uganda but I still call myself Indian and have no association with the other countries but then again my parents were both born and raised in India. 

Its a similar story with my wife. 

I highly doubt Rishi feels any connection to Pakistan. Throughout his life people would have asked him about his background and I'm sure he would have just said Indian, he's not a coconut and I respect that he follows his religion and culture whilst making it so far in life in Britain. 

when one of your grandparents were born was that territory India or Pakistan officially? everything before 1947 was india, my grandma was born in Lahore, it may be in Pakistan NOW but she was born in India in her time... half of Bollwyood famous Hindu Punjabi families come from parts which are NOW in pakistan, doesnt mean they were BORN in Pakistan. Rishi cannot and will not feel any connection to pakistan because he has NO connection to it- Pakistan is a post 1947 theological garbage concept that was thrusted on Indians.

I dont know whats so hard to get this point

6 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

It’s about religion as well. If a Mirpuri from erstwhile India went to Africa and his kin in UK will have more connection with current Mirpuris as a community. They will identify with Pakistan more than India. But a Hindu from Lahore goes to UK , his kin would still identify more with India than Pakistan for the same reason. But a Gujarati Muslim family emigrated to UK will have more connections, relatives in Gujarat than Pakistan. Hence they will still be Indian origin Muslim. 

9 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

It’s about religion as well. If a Mirpuri from erstwhile India went to Africa and his kin in UK will have more connection with current Mirpuris as a community. They will identify with Pakistan more than India. But a Hindu from Lahore goes to UK , his kin would still identify more with India than Pakistan for the same reason. But a Gujarati Muslim family emigrated to UK will have more connections, relatives in Gujarat than Pakistan. Hence they will still be Indian origin Muslim. 

That's exactly what it is. The population exchange/ethnic cleansing on both sides of Punjab was so complete that no Hindu/Sikh identified with Pakistan and no Muslim identified with India. A miniscule number of minorities remained on either side and the ones who moved across the border did not need to change their culture so had no longing towards their land of birth. My grandfather went back to visit once but was never sentimental about his birthplace. He didn't have to change a thing to fit into his new surroundings. 

Its different for a Sindhi who lost a lot of his culture and language, I can understand their nostalgia. 

As for people saying Mirpuris are Indians. They are in no way Indians, they are not even Kashmiris, they are Potohari Pakistani Punjabis like the people of Rawalpindi but even more backwards. Their region of Kashmir has been in Pakistan since 1948 and you really don't want to claim such people anyway. 

Indeed it is about religion. If you are a Hindu, your connect is with this land. There us no one worshipping Gou mata in Gujranwallah. 

And he is Hindu. And he worships cows. This is more important than his policies. He is going to do a lot more good for mainstreaming our civilizational values. He will work for British interest but that’s fine. This is far more important. 

2 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

Indeed it is about religion. If you are a Hindu, your connect is with this land. There us no one worshipping Gou mata in Gujranwallah. 

And he is Hindu. And he worships cows. This is more important than his policies. He is going to do a lot more good for mainstreaming our civilizational values. He will work for British interest but that’s fine. This is far more important. 

For someone who is a known coconut and took her oath in Parliament on the Bible.... makes a change doesnt it

55 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

For someone who is a known coconut and took her oath in Parliament on the Bible.... makes a change doesnt it

Wish she knew that "Gujarati" new year does not equal "Hindu" New Year - even with a NaMo AmSh govt

There is no such thing as a Hindu new year.

Kannadigas and Andhra-ites have Ugadi, which is also the same day that Maharashtrians celebrate Gudi Padwa.  This is their New Year.

Tamizh PutthaanDu and Malayali Vishu is Apr 14/15.  This is their New Year.

On 10/25/2022 at 1:25 AM, Lone Wolf said:

Rishi's ancestry is surely interesting...  Grandparents were part of Akhand Bharat:isalute:   Right now he technically  classifies as Punjabi Hindu

Everybody is claiming him, now that he is a winner. 

Punjabi Pakistani Hindu

Punjabi Indian Hindu

Karnataka's own son-in-law ...

Just like with Kamala Harris ...  Jamaicans, Tamilians. all Iyengars ... everyone was claiming her.

As for me, I have no connection with this guy or Kamala Harris.  Whether Liz Truss or Rishi Sunak is the British PM, it's the same thing.  Just because he shares my skin color, speaks a language that I might understand, his in-laws speak the the language that I grew up with, and his ancestors were from the general geographic area where I was born ...??  Nah - he and I have nothing in common in terms of our lives and experiences. 

Edited by BacktoCricaddict

2 hours ago, Under_Score said:

Respect to Rishi Sunak for his achievement :hatsoff: 

Aren't Conservatives traditionally anti-Immigration in England?  That's how it is in Canada, in 2011 when Conservatives formed a majority Govt.....they put full on disc brakes on immigration, I know some people who had to wait for quite a long time for their files to get processed. After Trudeau won in 2015...he did the complete opposite.....it was like..... flood gates opened, now he is facing flak for that :wp1: 

The funny thing is that the Conservative parties in the UK and USA have given more opportunities to Indian origin politicians like Rishi Sunak, Priti Patel, Suella Braverman, Bobby Jindal and Nikki Haley. 

Yesterday in Parliament there were many more people of colour on the front bench of the Conservatives compared to Labour. 

12 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Cruella is back onboard. Huh?

Why not, Sunak needs to win over the right wing (and he's wasn't the hot favorite earlier) who have been strongly pro Brexit & anti-immigration. I don't see much wrong in being anti-immigration from policy point of view, basically take your pick on who you wanna let in from cost-benefit analysis.

I guess one could call her suar-ella as well if she really supports colonialism even from the historical perspective.