UK ‘will be seen as racist’ if Tories reject Rishi Sunak

goose

9 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

There is a trend in Pakistanis learning Spanish and going to S’Pore and get a Visa to Venezuela . And later go to US as asylum seekers claiming suppression in Venezuela. I have met a Punjabi Hindu family in NJ who came to US as asylum seekers through a Visa to Uganda claiming they can’t go back to India because of Sikh riots. They are bloody Hindus. all you need is a good immigration lawyer. There may be genuine asylum seekers from Rwanda or Congo or Chad, but a lot of them come from fakery too. There are no laws to suppress such asylum seekers. 

So, some asylum seekers may possibly be illegal. 

17 hours ago, Under_Score said:

Well,  I was mentioning about the category 1 Immigration policy, in Canada the politician who brought Multi-culturalism Govt policy was Pierre Trudeau in 1971, not any Conservative. Conservatives were always pro-white & anti-colored type.

Since there are quite a few non-white Canadians at present among the general population, the conservative party's tune is changing because they have no choice.

Canada is a great country which has given & continues giving opportunity for people from all across the globe to immigrate, enjoy & contribute towards its growth.:top:

Secondly, Catagory 2 immigrants who sneak into the country seeking Asylum & then trying to leech on hard working tax payer's money after finding some cash job & eventually attaining the PR status & yet still try to collect assistance funds from the govt by claiming to be jobless are the worst type. The govt has to keep a check on them & deport if found guilty.

Here is some immigration stats before you assume that change in Conservative attitude isnt organic

Religion   Total    200-2011

Hindu     497,960     153,800
Jewish     329,500     21,445
Muslim     1,053,945     387,590
Sikh     454,965     107,000

Christian 22,102,745 966,300

I do not know, How many people from India have actually migrated to Canada (not as refugee/family member/ asylum seeker/fake student, but as real student/Doctors/ Accountants/Engineers) in past 20 years  or how many of Indian in Canada are actually ones who fled prosecution from Africa and other places post Indian independence.

If that combo number is low, then most likely Indians in Canada will be looked and treated same way as rest of immigrant [population by Conservative ethinic European of Canada. You have to earn the respect by hardwork and contributing most to Society/Country, for example UK and US: Indians are most educated, and their wealth and earning is comparable to Jews in these two countries.

PS: Canada has 5% Indegenous,  70% are Europeans 5% Chinese, 4% in Canada are Indians , 4% are latinos. So about 12+% is from rest.

14 hours ago, LordPrabhzy said:

I know this... my point is US. a country which fames itself for being diverse and the american dream etc etc BS, a person does not have a right to practice their own religion while trying to run for senior government positions. And that was my earlier point- dont call yourself secular diverse and all that crap if people truly dont have all the freedoms

This is....utter nonsense.  The level of open-mindedness and fair treatment to diverse immigrants is orders of magnitude better in the US (and Canada) than anywhere else.  Especially the UK.  Its not even close.  

46 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

Really? Do you live in the UK? or worked?

No? Thought so.

I have worked in the UK, and have worked for many companies that have UK offices and US offices - the contrast in senior leadership positions couldn't be starker.  

But hey, its up to you.  Feel free to believe what you want.  UK treats minorities like Uncle Toms.  The 'glass ceiling' is far lower, and Rishi Sunak is the exception not the norm.  Now I don't disagree that for super top levels of leadership such as President etc it would be a long shot for non-white minorities to get there.  And just like Obama's presidency doesn't prove that US is "all good" now in that area, neither does Sunak.  Keep in mind, both of these blokes ascended to the top job, when it was economic crisis and it was really spelled out that there really wasn't an option but to go with that choice.  In Obama's case, the economic crisis of 2008 made it clear that the country had to go Democrat in the 2008 president election, and for Sunak, they actually went with a complete moron like Truss instead of giving it to him, and the resulting meltdown was almost required to get him into the PM kursi.

36 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:
For India to become secular, modi and BJP have to go. 

My distaste for Modi, and OTT religious rhetoric in politics has been consistent on this forum for more than a decade now.  But the reality is that BJP is quite secular, and some can argue, with substance, that the BJP is in fact more secular than the Kaangress.....

1 hour ago, sandeep said:

I have worked in the UK, and have worked for many companies that have UK offices and US offices - the contrast in senior leadership positions couldn't be starker.  

But hey, its up to you.  Feel free to believe what you want.  UK treats minorities like Uncle Toms.  The 'glass ceiling' is far lower, and Rishi Sunak is the exception not the norm.  Now I don't disagree that for super top levels of leadership such as President etc it would be a long shot for non-white minorities to get there.  And just like Obama's presidency doesn't prove that US is "all good" now in that area, neither does Sunak.  Keep in mind, both of these blokes ascended to the top job, when it was economic crisis and it was really spelled out that there really wasn't an option but to go with that choice.  In Obama's case, the economic crisis of 2008 made it clear that the country had to go Democrat in the 2008 president election, and for Sunak, they actually went with a complete moron like Truss instead of giving it to him, and the resulting meltdown was almost required to get him into the PM kursi.

The notion that the ascent of a single person from a community represents upliftment of the entire community is laughable.  Symbolism over substance. 

@sandeep @LordPrabhzy

You both are speaking two different things, one for aam aadmi sand one political aspirants. We’ve had Sikh Mayors, Hindu Congressmen, but not senators yet. For that you need a large minority electorate concentrated in an area. People like Jindal chose to do it the main stream way and they chose to assimilate as Christianians to further their career. That way UK has a history of immigration and pockets of minorities that can vote their candidates, who can keep their Hinduness. Or Minority identity.

But for Aam junta US is the best place to practice their religion freely. We will never ever have a Leicester like situation. Maybe in 70s we had issues when numbers were low and inner cities had similar problems (Google dotbuster gangs of Jersey City) , but post 90s it is impossible to think. I had a couple of colleagues in UK who were insulted by their white bosses in UK in a really bad way calling them coolies, so on the street Indians face a lot more problems in UK compared to US. 

2 hours ago, LordPrabhzy said:

But minorities and Dalits have been made President of India... which other country can claim to have representation of ethnic minorities to that extent?  The reason why a muslim never become a PM is not solely because of their religious background- people vote for a party and the vast majority of people in India believe that opposition parties are working against their religious and national interests so even if a Muslim PM candidate was projected from those parties, those PARTIES wont win the majority vote therefore a PM cannot be made. If things were different in India and there was mutual respect for Sanatan Dharam and the concept of Indian nationalism from all then this situation would not have arisen- Hindus have given shelter to many people from around the world in our history and given them shelter so we are not inherently 'racist' people/

The fact that you consider dalit as a different group is racist in itself. They are no different than any other indigenous Indian but Indian society deems them as others. Indians are racist to other Indians. The fact that intercast marriages are still taboo in most of India just shows the mentality of Indians. 

19 minutes ago, Ranvir said:

The fact that you consider dalit as a different group is racist in itself. They are no different than any other indigenous Indian but Indian society deems them as others. Indians are racist to other Indians. The fact that intercast marriages are still taboo in most of India just shows the mentality of Indians. 

I think we sometimes use the western frameworks to understand every culture and civilization. Considering someone a dalit or being a brahmin is not a problem. Not treating people with dignity is. People can have as many castes and communities as they wish. This is not a homogeneous land. 

Communities can decide how they want to live under framework or constitution. Just because one community is not open to inter caste marriages, I don't get how that makes them racist. Racism is bigotry but every community can have its own framework. 

53 minutes ago, Ranvir said:

Mate i don't know if you have ever seen my posts here and maybe others can vouch for me- I have never wanted Dalits to be separated from Hinduism because they are hindus as anyone- now thats my personal goal to see society change enough to see it happen. Im championing sanatan dharam to be ONE umbrella for everyone where everyone is equal and their religion defines them and not their caste. I made a separation purely for this argument as they are seen by the wider society as underrepresented and discriminated so a Dalit tribal woman achieving one of the highest political posts in the country can be seen as a positive- trust you to twist the argument to try frame me as a brahmanical racist who wants to eliminate dalits :facepalm:

Edited by LordPrabhzy

India is undoubtedly the most Secular state in Eastern hemisphere. 

In a state like J&K where Muslims are in Majority enjoy all kinds of minority benefits over real minority Hindus & numerous petitions to reverse that has been put in cold storage in last 10 years by Center Govt. and Supreme court.  I guess few north east states too have similar laws. 

This is height of secularism.  You just can't top that. 

Indian secularism has in fact never been more stronger

4 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

But she is not overtly Hindu like Rishi, she is of the Jindal variety. I read that her mother raised them as staunch Christians. 

Got it.  I assumed you were talking about Senators of Indian origin (not just Hindus) because you mentioned Hindus and Sikhs. 

At any rate, to each their own, but considering the religion a candidate practices as a voting criterion is unfathomable to me. 

Edited by BacktoCricaddict

7 hours ago, Under_Score said:

Yeah.....But most importantly.....did they have any power? 

This might shed some light on that Rubber stamp post :facepalm:

"The year 1984 was the most painful year for my father," says Dr Gurdeep Kaur, daughter of former president Dr Giani Zail Singh. In an interview with PTC News here yesterday, Dr Gurdeep Kaur who now lives here with her engineer husband Surinder Singh Virdi, maintained that her father was deeply hurt both by Operation Bluestar and the anti-sikh riots. The agony of Giani Ji, she says, was that despite being the supreme commander of Indian defense forces, he was neither consulted before Operation Bluestar nor could he, in spite of his best efforts, stop the riots against innocent Sikhs.

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/north/story/giani-zail-singh-daughter-says-pm-govt-ignored-his-pleas-for-help-179539-2014-02-03

That’s a debate on the constitution of India. We are talking of minority representation to top positions. That way, India has appointed Sikhs and Muslims to top posts in defense departments (army chief etc) which are seats of power. 

18 minutes ago, Under_Score said:

C'mon dude, what constitution of India are you talking about....it is just a maha corrupt fake Democracy...... doesn't matter which political party is in power.

Though Sikhs being only 2% of India's population were given top posts in defense departments, it was not out of any mercy....It was bcoz Sikhs fought bravely for India & earned that respect & position.

Constitution is the system we chose to copy British model where PM is chosen by people . President is by peoples’ representatives. So, if we chose a minority person, it’s by consensus, whether it’s with power or not. Corruption is a reflection of society. You are mixing the two. Being a majority Hindu nation, we have no qualms with a Sikh, Muslim or Dalit or Woman President. This is similar to Rishi or Kamala . Otherwise we could’ve chosen a Hindu President only. If there was a charismatic Muslim leader who is talking favorably to Hindus, O am pretty sure there will be a Muslim PM of India. That’s what we are talking about, not if the president has any real power or the corrupt politicians.