Arshdeep Singh is Gold

On 9/30/2022 at 4:46 AM, prudent_kreeda said:

His death bowling is not the same as it was in IPL . Misses Yorkers and hence goes for other variations and in the process some loose balls. This he needs to tighten up again. May be trying to add some variation instead of all yorkers at death and hence missing the length a bit . 

Looked  very good in PP in 1st game vs SA but you will not get such pitches in WC games .

So PP will be an issue for him as of now if there is no swing. Does not have pace and will try slower ones if attacked in PP.

But a good prospect - can bowl in duckers and also swing it away to RHB, Can make the ball move away from over the wicket  & also come in, a reasonable Bouncer and  Height . Need to add some pace and get that little swing to hit stumps/LBW  in PP .  

He is work in progress , need to give him some  more time to achieve consistency. Till then not expect him too much.   

You can miss yorker and bowl low full tosses. It still won't be as bad as bowling other length deliveries.

2 hours ago, Adamant said:

I don't trust him at all. 

As I have always said, there's nothing special about his bowling, 135-142 kph with no movement and bounce. 

He's not special,agree

But has moved the ball this series,looks better than other senior trundlers,can certainly be a cog of this machinery

Shouldn't be a certainity as they do with most players who have failed more in the past ,like Harshal,Boobie,Avesh etc

9 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

The new kookaburra swings and he's making the most of it. Don't rate him otherwise. Doesn't have an action that can repeatedly maximize his average ability either. 

He is prepared to bowl full which in itself is a huge step forward. Bhuvi hits the 6 meter mark consistently which neither catches the edge of the bat or hit the stumps. A reason why he doesn't take wickets. He doesn't take risks like Arshdeep who takes chances.

5 minutes ago, Lord said:

Actually taking wickets with new ball. Left arm angle helps

But most impressive is his composure in his first WC shortly after debut

I still cannot believe how this garbage management decides to back a rookie like him. This goes against their policy. You could see with Bishoni being completely shunted after his great spell against Pakistan. His confidence was dented.

2 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

I still cannot believe how this garbage management decides to back a rookie like him. This goes against their policy. You could see with Bishoni being completely shunted after his great spell against Pakistan. His confidence was dented.

Bumrah injury forced their hand. Else would have been Bumrah,Bhuvi and Harshal

29 minutes ago, Lord said:

Bumrah injury forced their hand. Else would have been Bumrah,Bhuvi and Harshal

Bumrah's injury is a blessing for in a way. Lot of accidental discoveries. Thakur in tests. Now Arshdeep. Ashwin's injury helped us discover Sundar. 

Not sure how many hidden potentials are thre. Some of them may not have the numbers. But when they get a chance they can exceed the expectations. 

53 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

He is prepared to bowl full which in itself is a huge step forward. Bhuvi hits the 6 meter mark consistently which neither catches the edge of the bat or hit the stumps. A reason why he doesn't take wickets. He doesn't take risks like Arshdeep who takes chances.

Just speculation on my part but perhaps that's his role in this tournament and the TM want control at one end while Arshdeep attacks at the other?

3 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Just speculation on my part but perhaps that's his role in this tournament and the TM want control at one end while Arshdeep attacks at the other?

Unless if i had seen a different bhuvi else where i would understand that theory. But this is his ball. He can just bowl over and over. He can move in take it away on a length. But he doesn't go absolutely full or bowl a short with any conviction. Arshdeep's short balls are well directed. Has a bit effort in it.  Also it is surprising as you could see in the delivery that caught Rizwan in no man's land. Made Asif look like a clown with a short one. He is an intelligent bowler from what i can see. From time to time he could touch 140 k. Great potential in the mould of RP singh. Him being tall is an added advantage. Will be handy in English conditions, SA conditions even NZ conditions.

2 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Unless if i had seen a different bhuvi else where i would understand that theory. But this is his ball. He can just bowl over and over. He can move in take it away on a length. But he doesn't go absolutely full or bowl a short with any conviction. Arshdeep's short balls are well directed. Has a bit effort in it.  Also it is surprising as you could see in the delivery that caught Rizwan in no man's land. Made Asif look like a clown with a short one. He is an intelligent bowler from what i can see. From time to time he could touch 140 k. Great potential in the mould of RP singh. Him being tall is an added advantage. Will be handy in English conditions, SA conditions even NZ conditions.

His mechanics seem off to me. I'm sure somebody with some real biomechanics knowledge can point out why but that angular run up and the execution at the crease doesn't look very good . 

11 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

His mechanics seem off to me. I'm sure somebody with some real biomechanics knowledge can point out why but that angular run up and the execution at the crease doesn't look very good . 

Better than restrictive side on action from Irfan who did okay. I see shades of RP singh. 

9 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

6 meter is good length which Arshdeep hits. Bhuvi hits 8 meter which is short of good length. Lower than 6 meter is half volley or in slot.

I never rated him better than Khaleel, even today I feel Khaleel or Mohsin Khan would have also suceeded like this on Australian Pitches.

But Yes Arsh has exceeded my expectations , i did not think he would bowl so well-

reasons he is doing well are 

1. he is 6.2 feet nearly as tall as Ishant( 6.3) and Prasidh ( 6.4) so very tall and He gets good Bounce.

2. I never knew that he could swing the Ball as well , now I know that. Against zimbabwe he was swinging big time and got 2 wickets and the match was a no contest when he got 2 wickets and Bhuvi got 1. BHuvi and deepak chahar together had the capability to create that much of swing in opening overs but this guy has swung as much as deepak chahar would.

3. His Pace in second spell when he is not swinging the ball  and is bowling yorkers is around 140 to 143K, with his Pin point accuracy and left arm ,140 to 143K is very good pace.

i think now Khaleel , Mohsin and Yash dayal will find it tough to take the left arm quick Spot. Yash has been picked indicates that YASH dayal is the Left arm quick behind Sardar Arshdeep.

42 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

I never rated him better than Khaleel, even today I feel Khaleel or Mohsin Khan would have also suceeded like this on Australian Pitches.

But Yes Arsh has exceeded my expectations , i did not think he would bowl so well-

1. he is 6.2 feet nearly as tall as Ishant( 6.3) and Prasidh ( 6.4) so very tall and He gets good Bounce.

2. I never knew that he could swing the Ball as well , now I know that. Against zimbabwe he was swinging big time and got 2 wickets and the match was a no contest when he got 2 wickets and Bhuvi got 1. BHuvi and deepak chahar together had the capability to create that much of swing in opening overs but this guy has swung as much as deepak chahar would.

3. His Pace in second spell when he is not swinging the ball  and is bowling yorkers is around 140 to 143K, with his Pin point accuracy and left arm ,140 to 143K is very good pace.

i think now Khaleel , Mohsin and Yash dayal will find it tough to take the left arm quick Spot. Yash has been picked indicates that YASH dayal is the Left arm quick behind Sardar Arshdeep.

Early season. prodigious swing on offer. We have accidentally discovered another long term option in Australia. We get lucky with injuries in Australia. It is one thing you get swing on offer. It is another thing you use it.

1 hour ago, vishalvirsingh said:

we can easily play two left arm fast bowlers if we want to.. we had lot of success with Zak, Nehra, RPS trio..