Adani Group to acquire 29.18% stake in NDTV !!!

velu

57 minutes ago, Under_Score said:

Here is what the great Journalist Ravish Kumar said about the situation in a Democracy like India :hatsoff:

You can continue liking Godi Media....I will keep posting Social media videos which expose wrong doings of BJP 

Untitled (Small).jpg

He was so great that very few bothered to watch his shows :phehe:

Dar ka mahaul hai

2 hours ago, asterix said:

Acquisition happened is not any fault of Adanis or BJP etc. The owners of NDTV decided to sell their stakes is nobody else’s fault. 

NDTV had consistently low TRP than any other contemporary Indian media channels. Don’t blame that on BJP etc. BJP ministers or leaders never boycotted NDTV. They could’ve like Congress on number of times boycotting various channels on various occasions. 

Majority of the people have moved away from watching NDTV to other channels. The blame should be only in NDTV management and nobody else’s.

But why is Adnani purchasing it? Is this a field they have expertise in or another Ego Musk move?

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

Why did Tatas or Narayan Murthy invest in Quint/FirstPist or even AltNews? Tough questions for Mango people! Bright to think that Adani/Ambani are RWers!

You are correct. They can always buy shares but when they control it there is an issue.  Big industry houses with dealings with government should have zero influence over news cycles.

Now getting back to Tatas they are mostly apolitical. Ambanis, not so much.

On 12/2/2022 at 1:45 PM, ravishingravi said:

He is famous and really have Karishma with his Hindi oration. But slowly he is going to be known as another Rajdeep or Barkha who are known for their modi rant. He is a hypocrite who try to present himself as unbiased but he is no different than any other sold out reporter with better oration.

On 12/3/2022 at 1:06 PM, coffee_rules said:

Why did Tatas or Narayan Murthy invest in Quint/FirstPist or even AltNews? Tough questions for Mango people! Bright to think that Adani/Ambani are RWers!

Are you in favour of Tatas investing in Left Wing Media?

Even worse, are you in favour of Tatas investing in any Right Wing Media, and then getting Full Control, and then turning it into Left Wing? 

Till the time Adani didn't get the majority shares, and was not able to influence NDTV, it was also not a problem. 

Tatas didn't have majority shares. It was not influencing any Media. I am fine with it. 

But the move by Adani is very much different. 

One is supporting like-minded Media. While the other is suppressing the voice of the opponents. 

In a democracy, I am allowed to support my views and those who agree with my views. But if I suppress the voice of opponents, then it is problematic. 

Edited by Alam_dar

34 minutes ago, Alam_dar said:

Are you in favour of Tatas investing in Left Wing Media?

Even worse, are you in favour of Tatas investing in any Right Wing Media, and then getting Full Control, and then turning it into Left Wing? 

Till the time Adani didn't get the majority shares, and was not able to influence NDTV, it was also not a problem. 

Tatas didn't have majority shares. It was not influencing any Media. I am fine with it. 

But the move by Adani is very much different. 

One is supporting like-minded Media. While the other is suppressing the voice of the opponents. 

In a democracy, I am allowed to support my views and those who agree with my views. But if I suppress the voice of opponents, then it is problematic. 

All your bunkum assumptions about Adani or Tatas. Just because Adani is buying some media , that he will make it a Godi media. well, NDTV was Godi media to UzpA when Ambani owned the same shares. And you were ok with it. Adani might use it to fight out a global image, who tf knows. All msm is sold out one way or the other