Kantara - A Masterpiece?

kepler37b

The movie is a masterpiece in my view. Not just for Craftsmanship but because Rishabh had to make it mass. 

But essentially it's a subject about protagonist fearing or struggling to accept his purpose. In fact, before the final fight, he us in daze. Knowing fully well where this headed. He is Shiva and appropriately. Wild, debaucher, unhinged, drunk and with devious friend. But at the end he says he had become "pure". He is realized. Ready to give up. Ready to be one with Bhoomi. 

8 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

The movie is a masterpiece in my view. Not just for Craftsmanship but because Rishabh had to make it mass. 

But essentially it's a subject about protagonist fearing or struggling to accept his purpose. In fact, before the final fight, he us in daze. Knowing fully well where this headed. He is Shiva and appropriately. Wild, debaucher, unhinged, drunk and with devious friend. But at the end he says he had become "pure". He is realized. Ready to give up. Ready to be one with Bhoomi. 

Yes this and GGVV. Two superb films from sandalwood.

Saw it the third time. I kind of understand how he kind of assumed people knew about Bhootakola or Daivaradhane and didn’t dwell in it at all. He could have done some more detail and not fall into the pitfalls of making a docu-drama. 

Also, what didn’t go well is making fun of physical   abnormalities like buck- teeth. Doesn’t go well with such quality work and it is Kapil Sharma level comedy. 

On 10/31/2022 at 10:30 PM, coffee_rules said:

Saw it the third time. I kind of understand how he kind of assumed people knew about Bhootakola or Daivaradhane and didn’t dwell in it at all. He could have done some more detail and not fall into the pitfalls of making a docu-drama. 

Also, what didn’t go well is making fun of physical   abnormalities like buck- teeth. Doesn’t go well with such quality work and it is Kapil Sharma level comedy. 

Even he never imagined to get such success. Don't think he made this film eyeing for a masterpiece. It's a regulation comic village issue based film with added flavour of divinity. 

On 11/10/2022 at 12:10 PM, ravishingravi said:

If a filmmaker tries to make a masterpiece, usually they will struggle to make even decent film.

Unless it is made by Quentin Tarentino/Martin Scorsese in which case it will be considered a masterpiece before it is released.

Personally found the movie a bit overrated. The only good thing about the movie is the last 15 20 minutes of powerful action and energetic acting. Rest it was ordinary AF. 

Examples of 9+ rated movies on IMDb are Shawshank Redemption, Schindler's list etc. The 9.4 rating on IMDB is grossly overrated. It's not even a Bahubali level movie for the buzz it has created.