ROHIT SHARMA CAPTAINCY

BlueBlood

Pathetic captaincy once again by so called most successful bilateral captain of all time. Winning the toss and batting first on a spicy pitch when you had an extra batter in Hooda was absolutely dumb. Should have chased with the extra batter.

Goes to show he has zero faith in himself and Rahul to stitch together a partnership while chasing under pressure.

Why would he pick Hooda if he won't get a single ball and has no faith in his bowling abilities. SA gave Markram an over.

Could have played Pant for left hander if you have faith in your 5 bowlers.

Giving Ashwin 18th over when we needed to get Miller out.

When KL Rahul gives Wayne Parnell of all people a maiden first over, not pushing him to up the scoring rate.

If Harshal Patel was such a great bowler - why not give him a chance in the only pitch he could have been effective? Could have dropped Ashwin/Hooda easily.

Using Hooda as a middle order bat when he is clearly an opener/top order player.

Bowling Bhuvi upfront 3 overs instead of bringing Pandya in earlier. By saving Pandya until the batters got settled, he was bound to be targeted.

When you are relying on short ball, why not have the third man super fine? Almost 30 runs went to the thirdman region off top edges and bouncers. Australia puts a fielder fine but zero innovation from Rohit.

To make matters worse, giving away easy singles and two's when Miller was clearly struggling in the beginning. SA made Karthik struggle to score singles and choked him under pressure.

I think Rohit Sharma is of the Dravid mold - the worst type of timid captain in the format that requires innovation.

If not for SKY innings, we would have been all out for 65 runs today. If that doesn't tell you how piss poor his captaincy is, then I don't know how else to tell it.

Maybe India’s needs a captain who bats outside the top 3. 

So far Ind has won WCs when it is captained by someone in the MO:

Kapil 1983

Dhoni 2007 

Dhoni 2011

* Ind won the 1985 World Championship under Gavaskar but he dropped himself down the order with Srikant-Shastri opening and Azhar at #3

:dontknow:

Edited by zen
43 minutes ago, zen said:

When situation gets tough, the top 3 (#1-3) begin to think what is better/easier for them. Probably one of the reasons, India has not won ICC tournaments since 2012, while stats padding continues. 

Why bother to score in WC when bilaterals are there to pad up averages? After every WC there's always a friendly series arranged byB the BCCI to keep fans happy. 

1 minute ago, nevada said:

Why bother to score in WC when bilaterals are there to pad up averages? After every WC there's always a friendly series arranged byB the BCCI to keep fans happy. 

In subcon, many “babus” are afraid to ask tough questions and usually the first reaction is to sweep things under the carpet. 

2 hours ago, nevada said:

That is utter nonsense, Rohit and Kohli have done very well in ICC tournaments. It is the sundries like Kl Rahul and Pandya who have never delivered in cruch. Rohit and Kohli were never the problem , ICC tournament requires few other players to contribute.

He has become a gambler these days. Gave Bhuvi 19th over in 3 back to back matches.  Ashwin's move was extremely high risk move.  And also they do not have defensive strategies. They could have used many defensive strategies  yesterday.  Pack the leg side ask him to hit the pads just short of a length. Miler would not have had many options.  Miller is always uncomfortable when the ball is very close to his body. He needs room for those murderous hoicks. Moment you take that away he gets into a tangle. I thought these bozos would have learnt after watching him for years. Strategically Netherlands is a better side.

1 minute ago, vvvslaxman said:

He has become a gambler these days. Gave Bhuvi 19th over in 3 back to back matches.  Ashwin's move was extremely high risk move.  And also they do not have defensive strategies. They could have used many defensive strategies  yesterday.  Pack the leg side ask him to hit the pads just short of a length. Miler would not have had many options.  Miller is always uncomfortable when the ball is very close to his body. He needs room for those murderous hoicks. Moment you take that away he gets into a tangle. I thought these bozos would have learnt after watching him for years. Strategically Netherlands is a better side.

The problem is Ashwin has become pathetic t20 bowler.He should have had Miller for lunch instead he gave up easy runs.

10 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Check the thread Indian spinners vs Miller i have opened.  Even in friendly conditions our other spinners have travelled against Miller

Just because other spinners travelled, it does not mean Ashwin has to travel.This guy's selection itself was big mistake. He does not even look like getting a wicket that is the sad thing.

5 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Just because other spinners travelled, it does not mean Ashwin has to travel.This guy's selection itself was big mistake. He does not even look like getting a wicket that is the sad thing.

His selection is bad. But Hasranga was massacred other day by entire Australian clan. Shakib was brutalized by Dekock in a much more spin friendly condition. Zampa also went for 11 an hour against NZ. I don't think pitches this time are conducive to spin. Shadab enjoyed due to his type of bowling. Left spin taking away from the batsman. And also batsmen after being tied down extreme pace they succumb to him.  Nawaz travelled in every match. Axar travelled.  Ashwin is past by sell date. But i don't think any other spinner would have made any difference here. India should have used a proper fast bowler.

4 hours ago, AKane said:

Rohit Sharma wants victory over kaal i.e. time.   On cricinfo....

Rohit: 'I want to get into the phase I was in before the 2019 World Cup'

Translation - I am now 36 but want to become what I was pre-32. 

I saw that :) He must be hoping he gets same kind of flat pitch and a dropped catch every innings. He played well  alright. So did Shakib Al hasan and so many guys as the tracks were very flat until the semi final match.