RRR Creates History at golden globes

vayuu1

26 minutes ago, nevada said:

Two brown guys handily beating a big batch of goras - this makes for a great social justice theme. I like the song, I even watched the Japanese natto homage version and its creator's interview with the RRR team. The song is obviously very well recieved among international audiences as well. 

the song itself is alright. The dance and choreography was amazing and mind blowing but still won’t say the greatest dance or choreography ever. However where this is connecting to people is within the context of the movie and the storyline. If you get drawn in to the sequence from that perspective you would love it. I think most people who loved this song especially westerners have watched the whole movie more or less than just the dance video.

even the other epic scenes like interval fight or climax fight they only resonate if you are watching the movie from end to end.

I watched it on OTT, so when it was getting hype in theatres and even I thought what was the big deal till I saw the whole movie.

Having said that very good movie especially direction and I still can’t believe the reception it’s getting.

8 hours ago, nevada said:

Lobbying is not a conspiracy, it's a fact. It takes money and massive effort to get your product out to as many target audience members as possible. There's nothing wrong with it. SSR, RC and NTR Jr have been traveling overseas for months now. They obviously will travel first class and stay in star hotels. Their travel costs alone must have cost a few million. 

The lobbying can be done and will be done if the product is appealing enough to the target market.  The wider reach on netflix made the team to pour money into the campaign.

8 hours ago, nevada said:

Two brown guys handily beating a big batch of goras - this makes for a great social justice theme. I like the song, I even watched the Japanese natto homage version and its creator's interview with the RRR team. The song is obviously very well recieved among international audiences as well. 

And also because of the utter lack of proper  buddy movie in amerika-wood in the recent past.

Edited by kepler37b

7 hours ago, maniac said:

the song itself is alright. The dance and choreography was amazing and mind blowing but still won’t say the greatest dance or choreography ever. However where this is connecting to people is within the context of the movie and the storyline. If you get drawn in to the sequence from that perspective you would love it. I think most people who loved this song especially westerners have watched the whole movie more or less than just the dance video.

even the other epic scenes like interval fight or climax fight they only resonate if you are watching the movie from end to end.

I watched it on OTT, so when it was getting hype in theatres and even I thought what was the big deal till I saw the whole movie.

Having said that very good movie especially direction and I still can’t believe the reception it’s getting.

The movie is proper crowd experience. Watch it on Big screen. The very good movie becomes Excellent. 

6 hours ago, kepler37b said:

And also because of the utter lack of proper  buddy movie in amerika-wood in the recent past.

Both Left & right loved it.  I have heard woke brigade made it into a gay love story lol. 

This always works in Hollywood. 

While the other section loved all that overflowing masculinity that has gone extinct in Hollywood. 

Moreover Netflix had a great deal of role in its insane promotion world wide. 

Something Indian Cinema folks might look to do again....  Netflix opens up another dimension for long lost soft power projection Via cinema. 

RRR is a hilarious movie. It's cringe and feels like made by a talented tiktoker who knows the technicalities of screenplay but loses it due to over the top presentation. Anyway a large portion of audience loved it and now Oscar's. As a brown guy from India I am thrilled my culture is getting accepted by whites. It's self-esteem booster movie and while I write this I am in tears with joy. Log live RRR and rajmouli sir. :bow:

I found the songs in Bajirao Mastani in another league compared to RRR...  It's just that it was the first time world scale promotion happened for a Indian movie.  Sure movie was average time pass flick but it reached the targeted audience far & beyond. 

Actors speaking in superficial English accent was proper gold though...  Long live the Brown Sepoy mindset. 

52 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

I found the songs in Bajirao Mastani in another league compared to RRR...  It's just that it was the first time world scale promotion happened for a Indian movie.  Sure movie was average time pass flick but it reached the targeted audience far & beyond. 

Actors speaking in superficial English accent was proper gold though...  Long live the Brown Sepoy mindset. 

The international promotions happened after it became a sleeper hit on netflix.   And yes, at national level it was promoted like crazy.

If you pour promotions into generic balayya or vijay movie, you will become a laughing stock.

Edited by kepler37b

2 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

If foreigners remained unaware of bajirao Mastani(which i admired a lot) n other movies , then that's the bad luck of foreigners....but this movie rrr was great as well..i will give it 10/10 ... acting was fantastic, special effects were fantastic, natu natu was fantastic song n dance with universal appeal...what i also admire the director for is lord Ram scene....our mythologies ramayana Mahabharata have immense potential to be portrayed in movies...good way to promote Indian culture-pride.

3 hours ago, kepler37b said:

The international promotions happened after it became a sleeper hit on netflix.   And yes, at national level it was promoted like crazy.

If you pour promotions into generic balayya or vijay movie, you will become a laughing stock.

No doubt RRR was amazing to watch on big screen...  I am sure had the same case been with KGF..  World would have laughed out hard at a manchild running for his destiny & bombing the parliament of all places. 

RRR at least wasn't unrealistic.  Rajamouli was brilliant towards pacing the movie.  Movie deserves all that praise.  Just pointing out that Naatu Naatu is not even remotely the best Indian cinema has to offer...  Just Coz movie was a proper banger it got that recognition. 

1 hour ago, randomGuy said:

If foreigners remained unaware of bajirao Mastani(which i admired a lot) n other movies , then that's the bad luck of foreigners....but this movie rrr was great as well..i will give it 10/10 ... acting was fantastic, special effects were fantastic, natu natu was fantastic song n dance with universal appeal...what i also admire the director for is lord Ram scene....our mythologies ramayana Mahabharata have immense potential to be portrayed in movies...good way to promote Indian culture-pride.

Mahabharata is such a banger of a script... That it would smash everyone if done correctly. 

Ramayana is not a complex movie material...  It's a simple Dharmic lesson for everyone.  Unless u go deep into Raavan's origin & the complexity of Meghnada's character. 

On 1/15/2023 at 9:53 PM, Lone Wolf said:

No doubt RRR was amazing to watch on big screen...  I am sure had the same case been with KGF..  World would have laughed out hard at a manchild running for his destiny & bombing the parliament of all places. 

RRR at least wasn't unrealistic.  Rajamouli was brilliant towards pacing the movie.  Movie deserves all that praise.  Just pointing out that Naatu Naatu is not even remotely the best Indian cinema has to offer...  Just Coz movie was a proper banger it got that recognition. 

Agreed. There are LOT of better ones.

FFS, RRR is NOT keeravani's best work. There is a telugu masterpiece called "Seetaramiah gaari manavaraalu". The music is simply divine. If you have time and can understand telugu, i HIGHLY recommend you to watch that.

The reason, the only reason, why Naatu naatu is rage is due to: It gives a surreal communal viewing experience. 

Allu arjun's songs have better choreography.

20 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Lol...he speaks like his films. Un-subtle and loud. Anyway congrats to him

Strongly feel he could have got an acceptance speech written by some one like Bharadwaj ranga. 

He NEVER expected this fame and looks like the dude is stunned.

On 1/12/2023 at 9:33 PM, maniac said:

Yep that’s the one I liked. I liked the male version in Telugu because the lyrics connected with me and they were  intense.  the female version I liked in Hindi more than Telugu.

I like dosti song as well i only understood Hindi version but koomram song was best as it was inline well with the situation and emotions of that moment in movie.