RRR Creates History at golden globes

vayuu1

1. Natu natu has fantastic dance with universal appeal. Hence the Oscar win.

2. The same movie has even better songs komma ayyala, dosti, kumaran Bheemudo...MM Keeravani is extremely talented. Telugu movie industry has excellent talent in every domain. Singing, dancing/choreo , action, acting, special effects, direction etc...

3. RRR is a cult movie, it is one of the best ever movie in the world, it could be the best movie ever made... Baahubali I didn't like at all. 1000's of Indian movies are better than baahubali IMHO.

4. If RRR didn't win, get nominated for best movie at Oscars, that is Oscars' loss. What I don't appreciate is some Indians saying the song getting Oscars is proud moment for India... It is not...India is extremely rich culturally for ex. You see old hindi songs, Punjabi songs, Bhangra,the cuisines of India, Indian spirituality etc.. India is the world. outsiders have much to gain with their exposure to India ...some song getting an American award (Oscar) isn't exactly a 'proud moment for India'..

Edited by randomGuy

5 hours ago, randomGuy said:

2. The same movie has even better songs komma ayyala, dosti, kumaran Bheemudo...MM Keeravani is extremely talented. Telugu movie industry has excellent talent in every domain. Singing, dancing/choreo , action, acting, special effects, direction etc...

3. RRR is a cult movie, it is one of the best ever movie in the world, it could be the best movie ever made... Baahubali I didn't like at all. 1000's of Indian movies are better than baahubali IMHO.

4. If RRR didn't win, get nominated for best movie at Oscars, that is Oscars' loss. What I don't appreciate is some Indians saying the song getting Oscars is proud moment for India... It is not...India is extremely rich culturally for ex. You see old hindi songs, Punjabi songs, Bhangra,the cuisines of India, Indian spirituality etc.. India is the world. outsiders have much to gain with their exposure to India ...some song getting an American award (Oscar) isn't exactly a 'proud moment for India'..

I haven't seen the movie yet, but your overall point is well-encapsulated in #4.  Oscar committees may have finally opened their eyes to the emotions presented in Indian (dare-I-say South Asian here?) art.  Naturally, they have always been appreciative of the European emotion (e.g., Holocaust-related).  But for the past 50 years, they have also been appreciative of of the East Asian emotion.  Finally, they appear to have broadened their horizons further.  Proud moment for them.   

Edited by BacktoCricaddict

21 hours ago, putrevus said:

Really did it deserve to win? I have not seen a director taking credit for music as much as Rajmouli did for this song.

In Indian movies, the director is a Superman. He has his hand in everything, every aspect of movie making. Story, screenplay. BGM, music, acting and direction. Raj Kapoor was given credit for great songs in his movies as he had an ear for music. Given the cult status the movie achieved in LA, all directors and academy fawning over him , why won’t he milk it?

23 hours ago, randomGuy said:

Yes it's a cult movie. 

People either love it a LOT or hate it a LOT.

3 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

In Indian movies, the director is a Superman. He has his hand in everything, every aspect of movie making. Story, screenplay. BGM, music, acting and direction. Raj Kapoor was given credit for great songs in his movies as he had an ear for music. Given the cult status the movie achieved in LA, all directors and academy fawning over him , why won’t he milk it?

Sanjay Leela Bhansali, Subhash Ghai.... But In this matter, i believe Vishal Bhardwaj trumps everyone...he directed omkara as well as composed the music.... remember Naina thag lenge, beedi jalaele? Add to it , he is a very good singer as well.... unbelievable talent .

Omkara is a 2006 Indian crime drama film adapted from William Shakespeare's Othello, co-written and directed by Vishal Bhardwaj.[2][3][4] It starred an ensemble cast of Ajay Devgn, Kareena Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan, Konkona Sen Sharma, Vivek Oberoi and Bipasha Basu in lead roles. The director Vishal Bhardwaj himself composed the entire music for the film, including the background score, with lyrics by Gulzar.

Vishal Bhardwaj singing another song from Omkara o Saathi re (at 12:30)

Edited by randomGuy

7 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

I can remember a 1000 songs of a similar tune. What’s so novel about it?

Tune? All songs are made up of 7 raagas. So no song is going to be unique. This is just great singing by her.  Fast beat songs are churned out in 100s by Devi sri prasad lol Probably some of his songs are better than this. Or Anirudh's songs. Sure you can give award for choreography. But song? seriously? Not even the best song within India. Popularity should not be used to judge quality.

5 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Tune? All songs are made up of 7 raagas. So no song is going to be unique. This is just great singing by her.  Fast beat songs are churned out in 100s by Devi sri prasad lol Probably some of his songs are better than this. Or Anirudh's songs. Sure you can give award for choreography. But song? seriously? Not even the best song within India. Popularity should not be used to judge quality.

It is not even the best song from Keeravani's works. 

Below, in my opinion, is his BEST work

TBF, the oscar award depends on the reach.  Naatu Naatu got that reach

34 minutes ago, kepler37b said:

It is not even the best song from Keeravani's works. 

Below, in my opinion, is his BEST work

TBF, the oscar award depends on the reach.  Naatu Naatu got that reach

He has scored in couple of Tamil movies. Azhagan is one. Great songs. This is like giving Oscar to "Bullettu" song lol

58 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

He has scored in couple of Tamil movies. Azhagan is one. Great songs. This is like giving Oscar to "Bullettu" song lol

Naatu Naatu is a very sub-altern and mass song.

Does NOT belong to High-Art. 

It is what we call in telugu as "Jaanapadaam".