Odi team is getting sorted

tweaker

On 1/24/2023 at 11:51 PM, sandeep said:

With all due respect, that is your personal opinion, a subjective one, and one you are entitled to.  Others can agree or disagree.  Similarly, the team management is also allowed to have a perspective and make their choices based on what they believe is best.  And they are hired to do that job.  So one should be gracious and mature enough when discussing such subjective judgement calls, that there can be more than one "right" answer, instead of hurling random insults and bad language at legends like Dravid.  I'm not saying you did that - but plenty on this forum did.  

And I'm not saying that just because Dravid is who he is, he should be above criticism or disagreement.  By all means, go for it and express your opinions and criticisms, rant away - but there should be some sort of red lines that are self-imposed when it comes to that. 

In the name of "freedom of expression" there are plenty of posters who really vent toxic garbage.  I neither have the desire nor the time to police such crap.  I wish more folks followed your lead in posting criticism instead of the silly nonsense that litters the forum - a little too frequently for me. 

We were discussing the validity of personal opinions only.

If a person thinks that Kishan should have played after his 200+ but Gill is a better choice now because he has played multiple top knocks, I don't see any logical weakness there.

They are relative newbies with  small bodies of work, and no one can say that X should be preferred over Y with certainty.

But dropping a double centurion in the next match is something different and does not go down well with most people. And if it happens, strong criticism will come. 

13 hours ago, express bowling said:

If a person thinks that Kishan should have played after his 200+ but Gill is a better choice now because he has played multiple top knocks, I don't see any logical weakness there.

They are relative newbies with  small bodies of work, and no one can say that X should be preferred over Y with certainty.

But dropping a double centurion in the next match is something different and does not go down well with most people. And if it happens, strong criticism will come. 

A youngster is nurtured even after repeated failures but in our system a younster is dropped after a double century ,even though he is wicket keeper,a left handed batsman.

Now we can see Kishan has lost the confidence as he knows he can dropped once Rahul is back

32 minutes ago, putrevus said:

For Kishen to be dropped after scoring 200 where he reached 200 in 31st over is unforgivable.Gill can score 50 100s in a row it would still be a crime.

Gill in contrast reached 200 in last overs. It  is not even contest Kishen's knock is the template we want moving forward.

Never should one Inning define your strategy. Gill was scoring at 70 average and SR>100 for a year. One inning by hack shouldn't question Gill's place. 

On 1/29/2023 at 8:49 AM, wanted_desi said:

Never should one Inning define your strategy. Gill was scoring at 70 average and SR>100 for a year. One inning by hack shouldn't question Gill's place. 

Coaching and captaincy is all about giving confidence to players.

I have seen both innings I will pick Kishan’s 200 over Gill’s.

If they wanted Gill to be an opener then Rohit should have played in the middle order.

It is utter nonsense that you drop a player after he scores fastest 200.

Edited by putrevus
20 hours ago, express bowling said:

yep all of that is fine - I only take issue with curse words being flung at Dravid etc  -criticize the decision not the man, that was my point.  And I think we are on the same page mostly - I was referring to a vomiting minority...

4 hours ago, tweaker said:

Tripathi should be tried in odi team

Well a T20 #1 guy is finding it tough to adapt to ODI , we cannot have one more batter - capable of few sixes or bust .At best you can have 1 such bat.

We need one more Gill like bat if available  -who has good defence , can change gear when needed and equally good vs pace & spin.. 

10 hours ago, putrevus said:

For many ICFers Kishen after 200 was a must starter in all formats but now he is hack and should not be in the team.

You cannot judge any young player based on one series.

Depends on which Kishan you're talking about. Had Kishan got out cheaply while trying to score up the ante, no one would raise questions.

This Kishan is just trying to play conservatively 

Tripathi had his inconsistencies as well but he tried to play for the team, and hence that's admired.

Hacks are useful and a must in T20's. 33(20) is better than 87(60) 

Edited by singhvivek141