Siraj and Umran (& Vikram Rathore too) refuse Tilak/Theeka

coffee_rules

10 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Umran sounds like a cool normal Jammu guy.  Doesn't uses Urdu much nor Allhamdullilah or Allah mehrbaan etc ever in Post match whenever he is talked to.  

Don't think he is too much religious either. 

Siraj being a Hyderabadi could be polar opposite.  More emotional guy. 

Anyways its their choice at the end of the day. 

Several Hindus in the clip also refused the Tilak. 

isn't Jammu Muslim dominated?

If say some don't want it even for religious reasons, why are people so upset about this. This is a democratic country, no? Most muslims and some Christians don't want religious iconography or symbols that are not part of their relgion. Its part of their upbringing. If India is a democratic country, it should be that way. Chill people. Its not that big of a deal.

I personally dont want a tilak on my forehead. I'm more of a vibuthi guy myself :cool: Also even if I wanted a tilak, I would apply it myself. I don't like tilak applied on me. @velu I guess you would know why that is. yen thalaila yaarom naamam poda vida matten :winky:

4 hours ago, Gollum said:

Maybe they don't like that wet feeling on their forehead. Or just a bad day. These are non-issues IMO. 

hahaha true. I've never thought about this but I dont like the wet feeling either. thats one of the reasons I dont apply sandhanam. people are reacting too much for this. thats even more funny

1 hour ago, Lord said:

isn't Jammu Muslim dominated?

Nah its 60-40 Hindu majority I reckon.   People don't speak Urdu or proper Hindi.  Punjabi/Hindi mix or dialects of Punjabi/Mirpuri/Pahadi.  Abdul Samad is from Rajouri which is Muslim dominated.  Both are not Kashmiri though. 

Harsha Bhogle once started talking in Urdu with Umran in IPL to which he responded in Hindi Punjabi mix. 

Edited by Lone Wolf

45 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

This is overreaction. Rather than ask why it is so, you jumped the gun which I have found the majority of Indians do. Anyone can come to the same conclusion about you by looking at your dp and I will say the same thing to them

being ashamed is pretty distinct in hindus... so it was a possibility.

And what can you conclude of my dp which is clearly of Russell Peters..? Im curious

8 hours ago, LordPrabhzy said:

being ashamed is pretty distinct in hindus... so it was a possibility.

And what can you conclude of my dp which is clearly of Russell Peters..? Im curious

Russell Peters makes jokes that laugh at racial stereotypes sometimes for cheap laughs. It was funny to start with but got boring and more than annoying as he kept with it for years to come. You don't find white comedians laugh at their Irish or German background all the time. They still make jokes about them but keep it to a bare minimum. RP's main punch line is laughing at Indian accents. He has the same mentality of an ABCD who things they are superior to Indians which itself arose from the inferiority complex against whites. Plus he is also an Anglo-Indian. AI have the same position with the British and Indians in the past as ABCDs have with whites and Indians. So its deeply ingrained. How's that for jumping to conclusions :laugh: I just generalized plenty of groups here. Anglo-Indians, ABCDs, whites, British, etc even rusell peters.

Having a chillax attitude to religion can also be mistaken for being ashamed as you mentioned that being more common among hindus. Also Hinduism is diverse. Tilak is a component of Hinduism but not all Hindus take tilak. Its like saying someone not being able to speak in Hindi is not Indian and worse anti-Indian as there are plenty of people in India who don't speak Hindi much less those who speak it as their mother tongue

14 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

If say some don't want it even for religious reasons, why are people so upset about this. This is a democratic country, no? Most muslims and some Christians don't want religious iconography or symbols that are not part of their relgion. Its part of their upbringing. If India is a democratic country, it should be that way. Chill people. Its not that big of a deal.

I personally dont want a tilak on my forehead. I'm more of a vibuthi guy myself :cool: Also even if I wanted a tilak, I would apply it myself. I don't like tilak applied on me. @velu I guess you would know why that is. yen thalaila yaarom naamam poda vida matten :winky:

I have never been to a mosque and while i had opportunities haven't visited any dargah.  Take that statement alone and i will be called someone with islamophobia. On the flip side i have already written i avoid tikka. Since 2020 have been to a temple only once and minus Diwali never pray. For this statement ill am called ashamed to be a hindu. I as an individual in general avoid religious places is not acceptable. 

13 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

Russell Peters makes jokes that laugh at racial stereotypes sometimes for cheap laughs. It was funny to start with but got boring and more than annoying as he kept with it for years to come. You don't find white comedians laugh at their Irish or German background all the time. They still make jokes about them but keep it to a bare minimum. RP's main punch line is laughing at Indian accents. He has the same mentality of an ABCD who things they are superior to Indians which itself arose from the inferiority complex against whites. Plus he is also an Anglo-Indian. AI have the same position with the British and Indians in the past as ABCDs have with whites and Indians. So its deeply ingrained. How's that for jumping to conclusions :laugh: I just generalized plenty of groups here. Anglo-Indians, ABCDs, whites, British, etc even rusell peters.

Having a chillax attitude to religion can also be mistaken for being ashamed as you mentioned that being more common among hindus. Also Hinduism is diverse. Tilak is a component of Hinduism but not all Hindus take tilak. Its like saying someone not being able to speak in Hindi is not Indian and worse anti-Indian as there are plenty of people in India who don't speak Hindi much less those who speak it as their mother tongue

One of the reasons Hinduism survived over the years Coz it was so diverse & flexible.  Its appealing as there are no restrictions in it.  Continuous reforms made it even more great. 

I hope people realise our ancestors left a gift to us.  

Sanghis obviously can't understand it coz they are taught to be afraid of others & have low self esteem.  

Hindus/Sanatan Dharma has so many advantages over other faiths that if used correctly it can win over people very easily. 

We should let of restrictions to make it even more appealing. 

Those evangelists use every single trick in the book to lure people in.  Hindus should adopt the same tactics. 

28 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

One of the reasons Hinduism survived over the years Coz it was so diverse & flexible.  Its appealing as there are no restrictions in it.  Continuous reforms made it even more great. 

I hope people realise our ancestors left a gift to us.  

Sanghis obviously can't understand it coz they are taught to be afraid of others & have low self esteem.  

Hindus/Sanatan Dharma has so many advantages over other faiths that if used correctly it can win over people very easily. 

We should let of restrictions to make it even more appealing. 

Those evangelists use every single trick in the book to lure people in.  Hindus should adopt the same tactics. 

If not for sanghis like Shivaji, Krishnadevaraya, Rana Pratap, Guru Gobind, you would be reading Kalma .There’s nothing wrong in feeling proud and protecting your Dharma . With predatory abrahamic  religions  around, one has to be wary of them and not keep your head in the sand . That’s how we are reduced to 1/4 of  where we were. Prithviraj Chauhan ke aulad!

Yes, I agree that forcing one’s way of life on others is not Hinduism. 

Edited by coffee_rules

7 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Why is hotel doing this nonsense, is it a temple.

Tika apne ghar mein bhi lagate hain. It reminds me of one writer ✍️ n a lit fest objecting  to lighting a lamp for inauguration that it is a Hindu way. Ab kya? Putting a tika and garlanding visitors have been an accepted way in India. Nothing religious about it. 

5 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Who is this idiot, getting his two minute fame.

Hinduism does not need these antics to survive.It certainly does not need idiots like these to hold its flag.

He's a popular and quite influential 'journalist'. Seen his videos in this forum too.

3 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Tika apne ghar mein bhi lagate hain. It reminds me of one writer ✍️ n a lit fest objecting  to lighting a lamp for inauguration that it is a Hindu way. Ab kya? Putting a tika and garlanding visitors have been an accepted way in India. Nothing religious about it. 

I also put Tika every day, it does not mean I put Tika to everyone who visits my house. This nonsense should stop , there are better ways to welcome guests.