10 years ago today India's home domination started

vvvslaxman

Clarke was out bad pad off Ashwin early in his innings, no DRS then. Went on to score 140.

Sachin batted beautifully for his 80 odd, Kohli 100, and Dhoni with his best ever test innings, counter attacking 200:hatsoff:as we racked up almost 600.

Pattinson was breathing fire in that match, thought the next great fast bowler had arrived.

‘I was considered as a failed captain’: Virat Kohli on not winning ICC trophies

“Look, you play to win tournaments. I captained in Champions Trophy 2017 (reached the final), 2019 WOrld CUp (reached the semifinal), I captained in World Test Championship (reached the final), and T20 World Cup in 2021 (failed to qualify for the knockouts). After three (four) ICC tournaments, I was considered as a failed captain,” said Kohli.

https://indianexpress.com/article/sports/cricket/i-was-considered-as-a-failed-captain-virat-kohli-on-not-winning-icc-trophies-8465790/lite/

4 minutes ago, Tillu said:

‘I was considered as a failed captain’: Virat Kohli on not winning ICC trophies

“Look, you play to win tournaments. I captained in Champions Trophy 2017 (reached the final), 2019 WOrld CUp (reached the semifinal), I captained in World Test Championship (reached the final), and T20 World Cup in 2021 (failed to qualify for the knockouts). After three (four) ICC tournaments, I was considered as a failed captain,” said Kohli.

https://indianexpress.com/article/sports/cricket/i-was-considered-as-a-failed-captain-virat-kohli-on-not-winning-icc-trophies-8465790/lite/

He is. And what? 

He did lead india to become world number 1 in tests dor 5 years straight though. So that's there.

2 hours ago, Gollum said:

Clarke was out bad pad off Ashwin early in his innings, no DRS then. Went on to score 140.

Sachin batted beautifully for his 80 odd, Kohli 100, and Dhoni with his best ever test innings, counter attacking 200:hatsoff:as we racked up almost 600.

Pattinson was breathing fire in that match, thought the next great fast bowler had arrived.

two sixes off lyon to finish that small chase.  Almost reminiscent of his younger days..

Talking about home domination we shouldn't be playing Eng in Jan, at least not up north. Only 1 team has beaten us in a series in the hotter spring/summer season in the last 40 odd years - SA in 2000, though it could be argued whether some of the team members were really committed to winning for India!

Heat is one of the main reasons why Oz have done worse than Eng, because they played in the hotter seasons as compared to Eng in cooler autumn/winter over the last 20 odd years! First match should start no earlier than Feb down & that too down south.

Edited by R!TTER