Alternate / pseudo historical stories you heard of

MechEng

State whatever you have heard which is generally not accepted by the academia.

For example, I heard from a freelance researcher who believed that after the Mahabharat war, the remnants of Kauravs migrated west of Dwarka, their descendants happen to be the Quraysh tribe of Saudi Arabia.

The researcher went on state that the Uruk city of Iraq is actually the Kuru city from the Puranas (since Arabs tend to write from right to left, Kuru becomes Uruk).

15 hours ago, MechEng said:

State whatever you have heard which is generally not accepted by the academia.

For example, I heard from a freelance researcher who believed that after the Mahabharat war, the remnants of Kauravs migrated west of Dwarka, their descendants happen to be the Quraysh tribe of Saudi Arabia.

The researcher went on state that the Uruk city of Iraq is actually the Kuru city from the Puranas (since Arabs tend to write from right to left, Kuru becomes Uruk).

I heard that the earth is flat.

I heard that hijab started from shrupnakha and shukracharya is the one who laid the foundation of rules in islam like jumme ki namaz as shukra is the deity of friday,also since lakshman ji cut off nose and ears of shrupnakha she use to keep hear face clothed,also it was after rama Ravana war that shrupnakha requested shukracharya to save asuras and rakshas,hence shukra did tapas of lord shiva who gave him a shivaling and go to a place which is deserted but has abundance of horse and warned him to guard that shivaling at all cost especially no true vaishnav be allowed to go to that place and especially pour gangajal over it 

6 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Wait.

IIRC, when I studied history, they said Alexander existed ~ 300 BCE.  Islam was founded after 500 CE (or AD, as we called it).  So, Alexander ruled for > 800 years? 

Sounds awfully Porous.

What to say when they are taught such things as facts: This is a blue-ticked official handle