Starc needs to pick up his game!

zen

Starc, a premier left-arm pace bowler, can change a game with a hostile spell but so far in the series, he is been switched off. Only bowled 12 overs in the last test (his 1st in the series), however, at A'bad (even though there is not much reverse swing on offer), he has an opportunity to make a difference esp. when teams like India have players (Rohit & Kohli for e.g.) who can struggle against left-arm pace bowlers. I know Strac can be on and off, looking ordinary in a game, and then turning into a world-beater in the next. Cricket fans want to see a memorable spell from him! 

3 minutes ago, zen said:

Starc, a premier left-arm pace bowler, can change a game with a hostile spell but so far in the series, he is been switched off. Only bowled 12 overs in the last test (his 1st in the series), however, at A'bad (even though there is not much reverse swing on offer), he has an opportunity to make a difference esp. when teams like India have players (Rohit & Kohli for e.g.) who can struggle against left-arm pace bowlers. I know Strac can be on and off, looking ordinary in a game, and then turning into a world-beater in the next. Cricket fans want to see a memorable spell from him! 

He averages over 50 vs india in India. He won't do much. Neither would Cummins. 

But their spin trio is dangerous cause we have freeloaders.

He doesn't have the control of Boult or Shaheen.

He is tall, had genuine pace in the first half of his career and probably has the fire and aggression too in the first half. In the second half, he lost all of those and is just tall with not much control. So, he will remain wayward for most part of his career.

The sandpaper saga did helped him for a short period but I don't think you can take away the traits he had since his debut till 2018. I don't think it was the sandpaper that helped Starc run through the Sri Lankan batsman in Sri Lanka or the Kiwi batsman in Kiwis for that matter. He was tall, fast and fearsome bowler with LOI style of bowling. Never had the test match control but brought these useful traits to Australian pace attack even on home on flat pitches in mid-2010s.