Pre-Match Discussion | ICC WTC Final | India vs Australia | Oval| Jun 07 - Jun 12

Predict the winner  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the WTC Finals?

• India
    • Australia
    • Draw
    • Tie

1 hour ago, Stan AF said:

Is thakur in the 11?

XI is not yet announced...he is in 15 though.

WTC squad: Rohit Sharma, Shubman Gill, Cheteshwar Pujara, Virat Kohli, Ajinkya Rahane, KS Bharat (wk), Ravichandran Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, Axar Patel, Shardul Thakur, Mohd. Shami, Mohd. Siraj, Umesh Yadav, Jaydev Unadkat, Ishan Kishan (wk).

Despite India's renowned and reputed fast bowlers and incomparable spinners, the Australian batting is not trivial.

Of the first 6 - Warner, Head and Green with one good session can change the outlook of the inning.

Khawaja, Labuschagne and Smith are the others and are what they are.

Any one of the above six can score a big hundred.

Lower down you have Carey, Cummins and Starc who can bat a bit.

It won't be easy for our highly rated bowlers of whom there seems no doubt about ability.

Hopefully Khawaja is just playing mind games with this..... but I am concerned about Warner.

https://www.rediff.com/cricket/report/khawaja-backs-under-fire-warner-to-score-big-in-wtc-final-ashes/20230603.htm

8 hours ago, sarchasm said:

Preferred but unlikely XI

Jaiswal

Gill

Pujara

Coolie

Rohit

Jadeja

Kishan

Thakur/Ashwin - Based on conditions

Shami

Siraj

Unadcut/Umesh - based on form at the nets

Rana needs to come in. Enough of this coddling. He is not a teenager. He is 24 years old. Unleash him. He has ranji experience. 

Fast bowlers have a shelf life.

I also prefer kishan over useless block of wood that is bharat. I better not see bharst in there. 

9 hours ago, AKane said:

Despite India's renowned and reputed fast bowlers and incomparable spinners, the Australian batting is not trivial.

Of the first 6 - Warner, Head and Green with one good session can change the outlook of the inning.

Khawaja, Labuschagne and Smith are the others and are what they are.

Any one of the above six can score a big hundred.

Lower down you have Carey, Cummins and Starc who can bat a bit.

It won't be easy for our highly rated bowlers of whom there seems no doubt about ability.

Hopefully Khawaja is just playing mind games with this..... but I am concerned about Warner.

https://www.rediff.com/cricket/report/khawaja-backs-under-fire-warner-to-score-big-in-wtc-final-ashes/20230603.htm

If there is no rain or bad light, I expect Australia to smash India all the way back to the subcontinent.

Dravid to comment post game, how just making the final is a wonderful achievement.

Such a backward way of thinking, where in Australia the only thing that matters is winning tournaments.

The irony is that Australia winning the WTC will not even be celebrated, the next day the only thing that will matter is beating England in the Ashes.

39 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

If there is no rain or bad light, I expect Australia to smash India all the way back to the subcontinent.

Dravid to comment post game, how just making the final is a wonderful achievement.

Such a backward way of thinking, where in Australia the only thing that matters is winning tournaments.

The irony is that Australia winning the WTC will not even be celebrated, the next day the only thing that will matter is beating England in the Ashes.

Exactly. We need to get rid of this donought asap. 

6 hours ago, Jay said:

Rana needs to come in. Enough of this coddling. He is not a teenager. He is 24 years old. Unleash him. He has ranji experience. 

Fast bowlers have a shelf life.

I also prefer kishan over useless block of wood that is bharat. I better not see bharst in there. 

He is 21, not 24

4 hours ago, SRT100 said:

Aus haven't done much in England since 2005.

Please, don't include Ashwin FGS, he has never taken a fifer away from asia, and he wont do it now.
We need 4 pacers, the bowling lineup look weak with just 3 of them.

Gill
Rohit
Pujara

Kohli
Jaiswal(wont happen obviously)/Rahane
Jadeja
Bharath(Kishan will drop catches, believe me)
Thakur
Shami
Umesh
Siraj

19 minutes ago, Adamant said:

Please, don't include Ashwin FGS, he has never taken a fifer away from asia, and he wont do it now.
We need 4 pacers, the bowling lineup look weak with just 3 of them.

Gill
Rohit
Pujara

Kohli
Jaiswal(wont happen obviously)/Rahane
Jadeja
Bharath(Kishan will drop catches, believe me)
Thakur
Shami
Umesh
Siraj

Jaiswal

Fatlord only cause captain

Gill

Patidar

Sundar

Upendra yadav or kishan bharat sucks badly

Jaddu

Undacutta

Rana

Siraj

Shami

That's a winning combo. Wont happen of course. Before you mock upendra go look at his a class record. Not ranji. A class

Oz have weakness vs lefties. Most teams do. Could even put Rinks in there. Rinku that is. He is clutch and has a good record. 

Unleash rana. He has ranji experience already. 

8 minutes ago, Jay said:

Jaiswal

Gill

Patidar

Sundar

Jaddu

Undacutta

Rana

Siraj

Shami

That's a winning combo. Wont happen of course. Before you mock upendra go look at his a class record. Not ranji. A class

Oz have weakness vs lefties. Most teams do. Could even put Rinks in there. Rinku that is. He is clutch and has a good record. 

Bhai tum rehne do, expecting unnamed unlisted players to play a one off test match in England against the best team in the world.

Patidar who? you are now hyping a 30 year old guy based on some ranji matches? I have seen him in IPL and that was enough for me to deduce that he is nowhere near test class yet.

as for Sundar, first let him actually recover from injuries, also his game against swing is very loose, he has potential but that's about it.

Kishan will suck more than Bharat, do you not think that his game in challenging conditions is like a tailender's? Whats the benefit of playing him over Bharat, Bharat is definitely a better keeper and both will have same output in batiing, Kishan is horrible in both aspects.

Thakur Ahead of Unadcut any day

Rana? the new once in a blue moon 150 kph bowler, what about Umran, you guys wanted him to play earlier, right? Umesh has matured and there is no way Rana should play over him. The only young bowler I can entertain is Tyagi and he needs some time.

50 minutes ago, Adamant said:

Bhai tum rehne do, expecting unnamed unlisted players to play a one off test match in England against the best team in the world.

Patidar who? you are now hyping a 30 year old guy based on some ranji matches? I have seen him in IPL and that was enough for me to deduce that he is nowhere near test class yet.

as for Sundar, first let him actually recover from injuries, also his game against swing is very loose, he has potential but that's about it.

Kishan will suck more than Bharat, do you not think that his game in challenging conditions is like a tailender's? Whats the benefit of playing him over Bharat, Bharat is definitely a better keeper and both will have same output in batiing, Kishan is horrible in both aspects.

Thakur Ahead of Unadcut any day

Rana? the new once in a blue moon 150 kph bowler, what about Umran, you guys wanted him to play earlier, right? Umesh has matured and there is no way Rana should play over him. The only young bowler I can entertain is Tyagi and he needs some time.

Not hyping on ranji. Hyping on A tours. A TOUR BUDDY NOT RANJI. 

Patidar is class. 

Rinks can play too. 

Ok no to kishen then get upendra. He is tiers above bharat. 

Rana haha again you are such a casual. He has bowled 135-145 consistently in 40 degree heat in ranji. He will be bowling insane spells in England. Insane potential. He is 22. Ready to unleash his potential. 

There are too many donoughts in the management who don't know how to pick a side. Then there are people like you amongst our fans who are allergic to picking young players. 

What has your lord done for us. Averages 27. Even ranji level player can achieve that. 

Coolie ghujara and rahane need to be sent to retirement homes. Period. 

We have way better players waiting In line.

Again you have no idea about undacautta. He has height and bounce. He is at his peak right now. He still has a couple of years left In him. As a 4th choice bowler he is fine. Thakur has become super unfit. So unda is fine. 

Kishan defecates on bharat. Bharat is a useless can just like coolie. Absolute can. Can't keep and can't bat. 

Edited by Jay
4 hours ago, Jay said:

Jaiswal

Gill

Patidar

Sundar

Jaddu

Undacutta

Rana

Siraj

Shami

Rana? Who? Not following domestics nowadays.