Pre-Match Discussion | ICC WTC Final | India vs Australia | Oval| Jun 07 - Jun 12

Predict the winner  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the WTC Finals?

• India
    • Australia
    • Draw
    • Tie

12 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

you are right. better bring in Yuzvendra Chahal and Kuldeep Yadav as well. Lets fields Paanch Paandav in Ashwin, Jadeja, Axar, Chahal and Kuldeep on a green top.

Intriguing idea.... but I would stay conservative.

Axar

Jadeja

Ashwin

Shami

Siraj

Unadkat

3 spinners(with 2 of them good batsmen in Axar and Jadeja)

3 pacers

Good mix of left arm/right arm bowlers and left/right handed batsmen in the above 6.

Edited by AKane
3 minutes ago, Stan AF said:

Man, Jadeja can enter into the 11 just for his batting alone. Other than the 100 he hit last year he has a 92, another 88(???) and that matchwinning 50 in lords.

He has to play.

but he averaged 56 with the ball on last England tour taking 6 wickets in 5 tests. As a bowler Ashwin is better. 

31 minutes ago, AKane said:

Intriguing idea.... but I would stay conservative.

Axar

Jadeja

Ashwin

Shami

Siraj

Unadkat

3 spinners(with 2 of them good batsmen in Axar and Jadeja)

3 pacers

Good mix of left arm/right arm bowlers and left/right handed batsmen in the above 6.

You know what that means, right ?

Poor Gill will get crucified. Top 5 will become Rohit, Kishan, Pujara, Kohli, Rahane.

Someone has to make way for keeper...and the junior most is an easy target.

Edited by singhvivek141
6 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

but he averaged 56 with the ball on last England tour taking 6 wickets in 5 tests. As a bowler Ashwin is better. 

Batting being already weak makes him the integral part of the xi,that's what he said

Ashwin as a bowler is better,both of them can play as our batting seems weaker than last time we played in England

8 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

You know what that means, right ?

Poor Gill will get crucified. Top 5 will become Rohit, Kishan, Pujara, Kohli, Rahane.

Someone has to make way for keeper...and the junior most is an easy target.

Keep Gill - drop Rahane. I think that is what will happen no matter who is keeper.

21 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

We have to consider some tradeoffs man. I'll gladly take those lower order runs with both hands.

The main bowlers should step in and take wickets.

Edited by Stan AF
10 hours ago, Gollum said:

In English conditions,

Warner+Khawaja>Gill+Rohit

Labu>Che

Smith>Kohli

Head=Rahane

Green>Jadeja

Carey>Bharat/Kishan

Starc>Thakur/Ash

Lyon>Under/Umesh

Cummins>Shami

Siraj>Neser

I seem to remember your doomsday prediction before the Aus tour of India, that we will get a phainta from them. We didn't (2-1) .
I am fairly confident we will do well as KL is out and we have a clear cut decision by TM to go with afirm team X1.

3 hours ago, AKane said:

India missing 3 stalwarts  :hehe:of the team

Jasprit Bumrah

Rishabh Pant

Kannaur Lokesh Rahul :woot:

All I can say is

Axar Patel - Give this man a chance! Restore the holy trinity of Ashwin, Axar and Jadeja.

Am I seeing it right?

Edited by coffee_rules