IPL 2023 is the most competitive IPL ever

sage

I won’t be surprised if a lot of games are played among the last four teams and the top four teams for e.g. 

GT v CSK done (play only once in the group stage)

RR v CSK done (2 games) 

RR v LSG done (play only once) 

In b/w RCB and LSG finished their 2 games. PK is yet to play its 2 games versus DC. CSK is yet to play its 2 games against DC. 

then we have had 

KKR play SRH twice 

SRH also played DC twice 

MI has played KKR, DC, and SRH 

Of course, when the schedule was done, they wouldn’t know how the teams would turn up (many rated DC and SRH relatively high based on strength on paper) 

Edited by zen

Barring RR and GT, no team played good throughout.

There is no competition between bat and ball. Either 200+ chases or crashing put chasing 140.

Mumbai, Punjab, CSK have powerful batting, but club level bowling. This season I don't need to exaggerate, downright horrible bowling. Delhi is worse than they were 2012. Uncountable blunders by Ponting.

On 5/5/2023 at 9:56 PM, vvvslaxman said:

Competitive due to mediocrity. Some easily winnable matchces went down to the wire

Ipl 2023- Most boring IPL.

- Played on Patta wickets on which a CUMMINS/jofra archer can be hit by a no 11 Batsman of a team too.the truth is on international tracks - these bowlers bowl jaffa's that even the best batsman find tough to face and even the best batsman prefer to not take chances against them in first few overs. SUCH ROADS kind of wickets are not International Pitches , in england , africa , australia - scoring a 25 is equivalent to scoring a 100 here.........or i would say scoring a 100 is easier than scoring 25 runs at any international pitch in south africa/england/australia.

why are we not making pitches in IPL where the bowlers/pacers get some help too?

21 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

Ipl 2023- Most boring IPL.

- Played on Patta wickets on which a CUMMINS/jofra archer can be hit by a no 11 Batsman of a team too.the truth is on international tracks - these bowlers bowl jaffa's that even the best batsman find tough to face and even the best batsman prefer to not take chances against them in first few overs. SUCH ROADS kind of wickets are not International Pitches , in england , africa , australia - scoring a 25 is equivalent to scoring a 100 here.........or i would say scoring a 100 is easier than scoring 25 runs at any international pitch in south africa/england/australia.

why are we not making pitches in IPL where the bowlers/pacers get some help too?

more runs = more viewership