Can Cheteshwar Pujara save this test match by playing a 300 ball marathon inning?

Day 4 and 5 wicket, Oval Ground and there won't be a lot of help for seamers. Australia will probably set a target of 450 runs in 4.5 sessions which doesn't look likely to be chased down.

Can Pujara save this test match by blocking for 300 deliveries and helping his team win the World Test Championship, a tournament in which he has an awful record over 3 chances?

No IPL for him which means no tattoos, no show offs, well rested, well prepared for this ultimate test and one of the rarest breeds of tuk tuk batsman in the modern era. This is his chance now, if he doesn't then he cannot be put along the same lines as Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma who themselves don't deserve to be mentioned in the top bracket considering their choking.

8 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Day 4 and 5 wicket, Oval Ground and there won't be a lot of help for seamers. Australia will probably set a target of 450 runs in 4.5 sessions which doesn't look likely to be chased down.

Can Pujara save this test match by blocking for 300 deliveries and helping his team win the World Test Championship, a tournament in which he has an awful record over 3 chances?

No IPL for him which means no tattoos, no show offs, well rested, well prepared for this ultimate test and one of the rarest breeds of tuk tuk batsman in the modern era. This is his chance now, if he doesn't then he cannot be put along the same lines as Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma who themselves don't deserve to be mentioned in the top bracket considering their choking.

Kitna phooke ho aaj?

4 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

Kitna phooke ho aaj?

Chestewar Pujara is the go to man when it comes to displaying tuk tuk marathon. Nothing wrong in expecting him to save this test match as he is a great test match saver for India.

Edited by Majestic
1 minute ago, Jamadagni said:

I think the WTC final can go on until 6th day like the last one. 

No it will go to 6th day only if overs are lost due to bad weather or some stoppage. We have lost overs every day but that won't matter.

1 hour ago, LordPrabhzy said:

Kitna phooke ho aaj?

Not only today, a few days ago - Link

:winky:

PS

India is the only cricketing nation today that can scare off Aussies to the death. Aussies have bullied opponents but it becomes a scared chicken in front of Indian national cricket team. History is which India and India must end the legacy of legendary cricketers like Kohli, Pujara, Rohit, Rahane, Shami, Ashwin, Jadeja with a World Test Championship trophy to their name.

Edited by zen
2 hours ago, Majestic said:

Don't see it happening. the 2018 version could have done it; not this one.

There hasn't been a bigger stage than the current match where a Blockathon of all times is needed. Let's see if Pujara can deliver.

He usually fails in these situations where the team needs him to bat for time and usually plays a Blockathon in good batting conditions.

1 hour ago, zen said:

Not only today, a few days ago - Link

:winky:

PS

I don't think there is much wrong with whatever is written in those two posts. 

Do you not expect the most impactful batsman since 1990 to block for 300 balls and save this test match?

Btw, my prediction also went true regarding the target of 450 in 4.5 sessions.

1 minute ago, Majestic said:

I don't think there is much wrong with whatever is written in those two posts. 

Do you not expect the most impactful batsman since 1990 to block for 300 balls and save this test match?

Btw, my prediction also went true regarding the target of 450 in 4.5 sessions.

No, I don't expect it

6 minutes ago, Majestic said:

While a player can succeed or fail in his endeavour to save or win a game, I don’t have any “specific” requirements such as “block 300 or 321 or whatever” balls. :winky:

16 minutes ago, Majestic said:

About 120 overs will be played from now assuming some overs lost due to slow over rate.

So, out of 720 balls, if Pujara can block the 300 balls alone then the stage is set for one of the memorable draws in the history of game. 

don't you want him to block 700 balls? it might help even more

11 minutes ago, Vijy said:

don't you want him to block 700 balls? it might help even more

Maybe 600 balls as Pujara can block 5 balls and then take a single off the last ball. Per my advanced calculator, it comes to 120 overs * 5 = 600 balls. 

After all, only Pujara is supposed to be batting for India :dontknow: