Is there a place in the world where Australia can beat India?

This is a pretty strong Australian side but they have failed to beat India in a test series anywhere in the world in last 8 years.

During this period, Australia have lost two test series vs India in India( 2017,2023) and lost two test series vs India in Australia as well(2018,2020). They have lost 4 consecutive series to India inspite of playing in different parts of the world and inspite of having the services of great players like Smith, Cummins, Lyon, Starc, 

Hazelwood, Labuschagne, Warner etc.

India is the only cricketing nation today that can scare off Aussies to the death. Aussies have bullied opponents but it becomes a scared chicken in front of Indian national cricket team. History is which India and India must end the legacy of legendary cricketers like Kohli, Pujara, Rohit, Rahane, Shami, Ashwin, Jadeja with a World Test Championship trophy to their name.

Edited by Majestic

Ind needs tailored pitches to beat teams at home. 

In Aus, India benefitted from a once in a 70 years series by Pujara. And then again with Pujara & others combining efforts to win a series. 

The series have been close with Aus winning tests as well. 

I wouldn’t perceive it as Aus cannot be at India. The law of averages would favor Aus now. 

15 minutes ago, zen said:

In Aus, India benefitted from a once in a 70 years series by Pujara. And then again with Pujara & others combining efforts to win a series. 

I wouldn’t perceive it as Aus cannot be at India. The law of averages would favor Aus now. 

Oz batting is way superior

We were carried by our bowling (fast) and Pant plus pujara last 2 times in Oz. 

In India it was spin

Oz have much better technical batsmen than us. Right now we are still going to stick with same useless selections. No bumrah for a final which is actually good. Dude chokes in finals albeit a great bowler. 

Indian fast bowling deserves credit. Australian pitches are roads. Even that Pakistan leg spinner scored a century there. From our side Pant/Jaddu/Sundar/Gill/Thakur all made runs there. Even washed up Rahane made a 100. Ashwin saved us a test. Real problem is bowling. India has posted 700 runs, 600 runs there in the past. But India just did not have a bowling attack to take 20 wickets. Even the Anderson and co could not do anything there. That is why we beat Australia back to back. 

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Oz batting is way superior

We were carried by our bowling (fast) and Pant plus pujara last 2 times in Oz. 

In India it was spin

Oz have much better technical batsmen than us. Right now we are still going to stick with same useless selections. No bumrah for a final which is actually good. Dude chokes in finals albeit a great bowler. 

Any top team can beat any top team depending on which players click. 

We don’t have a team such as WI if 70s-80s, Aus of 2000s, etc., now.

20 minutes ago, zen said:

Any top team can beat any top team depending on which players click. 

We don’t have a team such as WI if 70s-80s, Aus of 2000s, etc., now.

As good as Oz were it was more due to being a product of their time. Asian teams never took fitness seriously during that period and prior. 

Oz team of 2000 may have looked dominant but it was more due to other teams being incompetent with fitness and training in general. Once things started to even out somewhat, they weren't quite invincible as they once were. 

South africa and perhaps kiwis being the only other fit teams and it showed why they were successful in those years. kiwis were inconsistent of course but they did show up in world events. 

Not even going to get into match fixing rubbish and no no ball umpires, no drs etc. 

West Indians used to overstep quite often when bowling those bouncers back in 80s.

It's more professional now compared to back in 2000 and prior years. So there is no real one dominant force. India ofocurse shooting themselves in the foot with their ridiculous selections being the differentiator. I do agree currently there is no one single dominant side. 2 best teams are in the final and anything can happen but knowing how we select players will definitely cost us. 

Edited by Jay
3 hours ago, zen said:

Yes, it's not like we are dominating totally. Both the series we won in Australia were closely contested and could have gone the other way. It's a shame India laid out crappy pitches in the most recent series, depriving fans of a proper contest. 

2 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Indian fast bowling deserves credit. Australian pitches are roads. Even that Pakistan leg spinner scored a century there. From our side Pant/Jaddu/Sundar/Gill/Thakur all made runs there. Even washed up Rahane made a 100. Ashwin saved us a test. Real problem is bowling. India has posted 700 runs, 600 runs there in the past. But India just did not have a bowling attack to take 20 wickets. Even the Anderson and co could not do anything there. That is why we beat Australia back to back. 

I see Bhujara’s getting credit of India 21 victory. It was Pant’s , Gill’s , Ashwin’s, Thakur’s,Sundar’s ,Siraj’s and Rahane’s combined maverick performance which won India that impossible series.  Bhujara scored against mediocre austrlian team which dint have smith, Warner. 21 series was the real deal where Bhujara’s act was shameful had it not been Pant and Gill we would have never scored 330 in Ahmedabad road let alone Gaba , if Bhujara had to do that alone. Pant was the real superstar of both Australian series victory. I believe he scored 473 during 18 series as well.

Edited by raki05

All 4 series' ended with a scoreline of 2-1 so it's not like we completely dominated them. Littile things always went in  our favour ...

1. Bangalore Test 2017 - Aussies were dominating that test but an hour of inept batting cost them. And then that Kuldeep yadav spell in Dharamsala when the game was in their favor.

2. 2018-19 ----- Australian tail was batting ominously to chase down the target at Adelaide Oval but some good slip catching from us turned the game in our favour. Or else we would have lost that1-2.

3. 2020-21 --- Gabba game could have gone anywhere on that last day but Paine missing Pant's stumping when he was new to the crease turned the momentum entirely. And they dropped many chances in MCG as well.

4. 2023 - Delhi Test .. again a Bangalore type 2nd innings collapse in a single session costed them the game and series. 

2 hours ago, Norman said:

All 4 series' ended with a scoreline of 2-1 so it's not like we completely dominated them. Littile things always went in  our favour ...

1. Bangalore Test 2017 - Aussies were dominating that test but an hour of inept batting cost them. And then that Kuldeep yadav spell in Dharamsala when the game was in their favor.

2. 2018-19 ----- Australian tail was batting ominously to chase down the target at Adelaide Oval but some good slip catching from us turned the game in our favour. Or else we would have lost that1-2.

3. 2020-21 --- Gabba game could have gone anywhere on that last day but Paine missing Pant's stumping when he was new to the crease turned the momentum entirely. And they dropped many chances in MCG as well.

4. 2023 - Delhi Test .. again a Bangalore type 2nd innings collapse in a single session costed them the game and series. 

2020 2021 we dropped ao many in the first test and mcg. We could have demolished them in the first test too.

Second test it wasn't even close. We destroyed them there. 

3rd test again we dropped laburnum so many times. 

6 hours ago, raki05 said:

I see Bhujara’s getting credit of India 21 victory. It was Pant’s , Gill’s , Ashwin’s, Thakur’s,Sundar’s ,Siraj’s and Rahane’s combined maverick performance which won India that impossible series.  Bhujara scored against mediocre austrlian team which dint have smith, Warner. 21 series was the real deal where Bhujara’s act was shameful had it not been Pant and Gill we would have never scored 330 in Ahmedabad road let alone Gaba , if Bhujara had to do that alone. Pant was the real superstar of both Australian series victory. I believe he scored 473 during 18 series as well.

Yes.  Gill's counter punch made us believe we could win rather than settle for draw whichi is pretty much what Pujara was doing. He was 6 of 94 balls.

12 hours ago, raki05 said:

No surprises who is giving him more credit :laugh:

8 hours ago, Adamant said:

Wait for seven days, you will get your answer.lol

4 back to back series humiliation, this is absolutely embarrassing for Australians.

Considering the level of phainty, I am confused if this was Australia playing vs India or Pakistan playing vs Australia in Australia :phew:

4 minutes ago, Majestic said:

4 back to back series humiliation, this is absolutely embarrassing for Australians.

Considering the level of phainty, I am confused if this was Australia playing vs India or Pakistan playing vs Australia in Australia :phew:

I wont call it humiliation, all the series were competitive and showed that both teams are world class.
Pak vs Aus is completely different, they haven't drawn a match in Aus since Miandad I think

7 hours ago, Adamant said:

I wont call it humiliation, all the series were competitive and showed that both teams are world class.
Pak vs Aus is completely different, they haven't drawn a match in Aus since Miandad I think

Not humiliation at all. It was very close. Both are equally good. Slight edge to india if everyone is fit and your old squad don't play. 

But we should be beating kiwis in nz next. No excuses as coolie and co should be retired by then for the good of indian cricket.

23 hours ago, raki05 said:

But Pujara did face Cummins, Hazlewood and starc in 2018 series too. Absence of smith and warner didn't matter to him as batsman.

11 hours ago, Adamant said:

Losing a test series at-home is humiliation for any top team.