Che Pujara vs Ian Bell : who was a better batsman?

1 hour ago, Majestic said:

Bell similar to Rahane but more consistent.

yes but that was a flat deck era.

Bell also lacked tough defining innings. Most of his tons were when someone else has done equal or even better.

Rahane still has Lords 2014,MCG 2021.

On 6/15/2023 at 12:02 AM, singhvivek141 said:

Credit to MS for utilising his idle time...he is a farmer, a teacher, a soldier, a cricketer and potential politician.

Such multi skilled persons are very rare, Jhonny Sins is another example which I can recall.

I can totally see Dhongi entering politics and doing well

3 hours ago, Bigg Brother said:

Bell was also the highest scorer for England in ODI (5K runs) at one point before post- 2015 wc revolution happened.

but he wasn't that good; got to 5K runs mostly via more matches. among the ones I saw prior to 2015, the following from Eng were better than bell in ODIs: trott, lamb, fairbrother, knight, trescothick, arguably hick.

Edited by Vijy
5 hours ago, putrevus said:

Ian Bell all the way, Pujara has no business of playing 100 tests.

To be honest i don't reacll seeing much of Bell. Jonathan Trott comes to my mind because Padosis used to celebrate him to put down Tendulkar. There was a time he was averaging 66. Since i have seen only Pujara i share the sentiment. Undeservingly he played 100 tests.

Budhara is the most mediocre player to play 100 test for India him and Bhuvi kumar are same kind of cricketer they both played Test and limited over cricket more than they deserved just because of good behavioural feature. Both are junks who have been carried on and on on the name of experience.

Edited by raki05