World cup 2023 preparation

52 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

2011 promos were awesome. We n Hindsight, what a great team, but we were not confident of winning , every other team was as good as India. 

it was a good WC. lots of contenders. Eng was quite decent, SA were good until they choked (as always), Aus was fading but competitive, Pak was strong thanks to chuckmal and chuckfeez, Ind was obviously very good, NZ put up a fight as always, and arguably SL had its best ever ODI team

Edited by Vijy
2 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

2011 promos were awesome. We n Hindsight, what a great team, but we were not confident of winning , every other team was as good as India. 

It was a iconic song, used to watch the game on a 128 MB RAM pc which we modified to a TV using TV tuner DD national..it was my engg days and when we beat Pakistan we blow trumpets on the streets late might on the streets of Bhopal. So many messages, jokes were forwarded cursing Pakistani players after we defeated them.

I doubt this WC has same level of enthusiasm, everything was at a different level in 2011.

On 7/27/2023 at 11:35 AM, Vijy said:

looking like a Pak cricketer of the 90s with that beard and physique

It's really pathetic that a Captain's physique is like this (not talking about his beard/hair). This is his last ever world cup, and yet no fcuk is given to his fitness. 

What use being the richest board, having so much money/clout etc if the organization is going to be so  amateurish. School annual day functions show more creativity and energy than this. 

There isn't a shortage of talented artists/designers in India, look at the post credits of any VFX heavy movie from Hollywood. Heck had we involved our schoolkids in a competition kind of thing, they would have done a much better job. BCCI has just outsourced this job at the cheapest rate to some dickhead....where is the pride? 

Compare this nonsense with 2011 as well, we have gone down the gutter

The ICC World Cup 2011 mascot | ESPNcricinfo.com

Prabhu on Twitter: "Did you know "Stumpy" was the Mascot for Cricket World  Cup 2011. https://t.co/f6rKSXqIsY" / Twitter

On 8/25/2023 at 12:47 PM, Gollum said:

Booked tickets for several non-India games:

Eng-Lanka Bengaluru

NZ-Afg Chennai

Pak-Afg Chennai

Pak-Lanka Hyderabad

Were they easy to book? Did the site crash? I'm looking to get Ind-Aus tickets. They open on Aug 31 as per the ICC website, but wonder if the site will be able to handle the traffic. It's going to be worse when the release Ind-Pak tickets.

Edited by bowl_out
8 hours ago, bowl_out said:

Were they easy to book? Did the site crash? I'm looking to get Ind-Aus tickets. They open on Aug 31 as per the ICC website, but wonder if the site will be able to handle the traffic. It's going to be worse when the release Ind-Pak tickets.

Tickets opened at 8 pm, but I remembered only around 9. Several matches were sold out, easy to book, bookmyshow didn't crash. In some cases it showed seats available but wasn't able to book for some reason. From what I heard Eng vs Aus got sold out in under 5 minutes. 

Ind-Aus booking will start from 8 pm, so I suggest be ready before then, you'll have a window of 1-2 minutes and also some luck might help.

Ticket delivery option at home/office was available for the tickets I booked (contrary to earlier media reports). So please enable that to avoid last minute chaos in procuring physical tickets. 

Ind-Pak tickets almost impossible to get for the common man. Ind-Aus will also be tough because it is our opening fixture, that too against a top contender, same with Ind-Eng. I am going to try for 6-7 India games however (top targets will be Ind-Aus and the Ind-RSA fixture in Eden), at least should get the game against Dutch in Chinnaswamy. 

Edited by Gollum
DATE AND TIME TIME CITY
August 30, 2023 8:00pm IST India matches at Guwahati and Thiruvananthapuram
August 31, 2023 8:00pm IST India matches at Chennai, Delhi and Pune
September 1, 2023 8:00pm IST India matches at Dharamsala, Lucknow and Mumbai
September 2, 2023 8:00pm IST India matches at Bengaluru and Kolkata
September 3, 2023 8:00pm IST India match at Ahmedabad

Schedule for those who want to book tickets.

Mastercard users can secure their tickets one day earlier, some special window for them, you folks can check that out.