Afghanistan vs Bangladesh

6 minutes ago, rageaddict said:

How useless is Bangladesh..losing to Afghans at home now. 

Bangla ain't useless. Afg has been brilliant. Farooqui guy is fast and accurate. Rashid and other bowlers are relentless too. Bangla almost beat Ind. They have beaten quite a few teams at their home making slow spinning tracks. They couldn't do it here because of Rashid and others. I hope Afh turn up in the WC. They usually have stage fright. 

Afg were 256/0 in 36 overs, yet they scored only 331 in the end. Afg batting is weak plus they still haven't realised the finishing power of Nabi. He just faced 15 balls for his 25. They would have scored 380 had others contributed a little. Afh strength is their bowling. They will give a tough competition every time if they score 270-280.

57 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

Many people underestimate Asia Cup , calling it small tournament. Asia cup is getting bigger by each year. 5 loi cricket crazy nations fight for title and anyone can beat anyone on their day. Hopefully Nepal also improve and make it 6

Asia Cup is a great tournament tbh...  I rate it higher than even Champions Trophy. 

Asian Teams really push themselves in this tourney.  

Gap is not that huge between top 3/4 sides in last couple of years. 

India Pak SL are capable to beat each other.  

I reckon SL v Pak is mostly lankans having an edge over them. 

India v BD is always close. 

SL v BD is more fiery than Indo Pak. 

Pak v Afg is great to watch as well.  Afghans lift their game at the sight of Pakistan.  They finally got the monkey off their backs by defeating them in a T20 series 

I want Ned, Scotland, Zim, Nepal,Ire,to tour Ind often and have few series. Ind can travel too. These teams are good. Ireland was a bit off color this tournament. Why not have triseries. Sick of Bilaterals with only few known teams. That VB series used to be so good in Aus.. I love ODI cricket. T20s are mostly hit or miss. The WC qualifiers were awesome. I hope Ned have a good game against Lanka tomorrow. 

Frankly, no indian fan would bother too much if we lose an odi series here and there to teams like Ban or Zim or some other minnow as long as we keep winning Icc tournament in whichever format from time to time.  Like it used to be under dhoni's captaincy (2007-2013).     But since 2013, the scenario has changed completely.  With our Icc trophy cup board being bare for a decade (and still counting), every series loss to minnow/associate hurts even more. 

10 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

Frankly, no indian fan would bother too much if we lose an odi series here and there to teams like Ban or Zim or some other minnow as long as we keep winning Icc tournament in whichever format from time to time.  Like it used to be under dhoni's captaincy (2007-2013).     But since 2013, the scenario has changed completely.  With our Icc trophy cup board being bare for a decade (and still counting), every series loss to minnow/associate hurts even more. 

Yes, Kohli, Rohit, Shami, Jadeja & co. must win the ODI world cup and relieve the burden from the new generation of this barren ICC run.

Don't want Jaiswal, Gil, Siraj  & co. to face the idiotic ICC trophy pressure when all seniors departs. They must be given a clean slate to write their own legacy.

On 7/8/2023 at 10:16 AM, rageaddict said:

How useless is Bangladesh..losing to Afghans at home now. 

They are more than decent in the subcontinent and can give anyone a run for their money. They kicked our ass too not to long ago. Also, you have to give credit to Afg team, their bowling unit is nothing to laugh at. Don't be surprised to see some SENA team loose against them in the WC (including some asian teams)

Considering their captain retired and unretired because of the PM, my money is on a similar situation between Ganguly/chappel going on the back end which will unrest any team. A coach can be a positive/negative for any team.