What is the point of this Windies series?

sage

Pointless series. Not that I'm criticising lack of intent and participation from WI players but this series will just take away the focus from Indian test team's glaring deficiencies and will cost us again. Thrashing by Australia in WTC final should have made some really tough decisions like showing door to Kohli,Rahane, Pujara,Rohit and prepare for next WTC cycle properly unlike relying on Ashwin-Jaddu everytime to hole us out with both bat and ball. Indian test team is actual definition of trash team at present where few guys are just on vacation mode including coach on the basis of their past credentials. This series will just take away all the focus from the fiasco that happened in WTC final.

On 7/13/2023 at 10:38 AM, Suhaan said:

There should be no WTC and odi superleague,this is slow poison

Objective was to make each and every bilateral exciting,but it has failed

And a certainly a big no to "an ICC trophy each year",I hate it since it's inception

WTC is slow death to test cricket I said this long back.

Vs WI series is part of WTC 2023-2025

We starts with 12 points

While both eng /Aus got penalty of 2 points each

Eng after 1st  win in new cycle gets 10 points only because of over rate penalty

We have to play 3 test series in india & 3 test series Away in 2023-2025 WTC cycle so you now know importance of each series

I wish india win 4th time at Port of spain ( 2nd ) so we will lead table with 24 points vs 22 by Aus ( -2 penalty)

Edited by Tarak9
Update
19 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

Easwaran is still 27 can play for next 5-6 years.

Panchal is 34 so it's a bit late for him.

yes, I would not rule out easwaran. on home pitches, he is better than kela, gill, etc. would rather see him open with jaiswal

looks like ICF likes losses. Most of our wins are demeaned and not celebrated.

The point is to obviously earn crucial WTC points. And just because we beat them doesn't mean they are poor at home. Beat Eng at home and even Bangladesh away.

On 7/19/2023 at 4:46 PM, Lord said:

looks like ICF likes losses. Most of our wins are demeaned and not celebrated.

The point is to obviously earn crucial WTC points. And just because we beat them doesn't mean they are poor at home. Beat Eng at home and even Bangladesh away.

England losing was such a humiliation that root resigned and bazball was invented. it wasn't treated as a normal away loss

On 7/17/2023 at 9:25 AM, rkt.india said:

WTC is slow death to test cricket I said this long back.

WTC is not the problem. Always playing in England is the problem.

It needs to be removed from England and be played in other countries.

World cup did not become big until it was moved out of England.

3 hours ago, putrevus said:

WTC is not the problem. Always playing in England is the problem.

It needs to be removed from England and be played in other countries.

World cup did not become big until it was moved out of England.

no other country can sell out neutral test matches apart from maybe australia but the dates wont match there

India is turning into a team that not many care for as there is no traditional rivalry in play (India does not play cricket with its traditional rival). Teams invite it for revenue purposes. 

Series such as these highlight the incompetence of experienced players as they tend to fail in big games against big teams in conditions where there is even a hint of a lack of support. Here they stats pad which further points at failures in key games. These performances allow the cycle of such failures to continue as naive (or even desperate) folks are busy counting WTC points!