What is the point of this Windies series?

sage

14 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

I have no problem with this series. Problem with the series playing with full strength side instead of new players. What was harm in trying Sarfraz against this insipid West Indian team. GIven that Ashwin/Jaddu/Thakur give batting cushion why not sarfraz why Kohli/Rohit/Rahane

they want to cash in and score some easy runs to prolong careers

45 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

I have no problem with this series. Problem with the series playing with full strength side instead of new players. What was harm in trying Sarfraz against this insipid West Indian team. GIven that Ashwin/Jaddu/Thakur give batting cushion why not sarfraz why Kohli/Rohit/Rahane

Forget Sarfaraz.. Even Ruturaj who is part of the squad is unlikely to get a game

7 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

You,me and everyone one us will rightfully blame selectors kaptan and coach for this

But ICC should also be criticised for it,what is the point of WTC,Odi superleague and ICC events held every year?

Besides loosing interest in cricket ,it has been a driving factor for this pathetic approach

And it has mellowed down the excitement fans used to have in  build up to ICC events in 2/4 years time

Actually g@@du ICC has exceeded its promise and it is more of a "2 ICC trophies/year" thing now

Edited by Suhaan
23 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

You,me and everyone one us will rightfully blame selectors kaptan and coach for this

But ICC should also be criticised for it,what is the point of WTC,Odi superleague and ICC events held every year?

Besides loosing interest in cricket ,it has been a driving factor for this pathetic approach

And it has mellowed down the excitement fans used to have in  build up to ICC events in 2/4 years time

True...all 3 tournaments (T20 WC, WTC and ODI WC) should be held after 4 years each...

WTC in 2025, T20 WC in 2026, ODI in 2027...then 2028 as warmup year..

Cycle repeat from 2029.

This fetish to be in all formats have actually paused the influx of talented youngsters while seniors continue to get free ride on the name of "experience", and that's fuelled by ICC conducting the WC events in every 2 years (which is now kinda boring and repetitive).

1 hour ago, singhvivek141 said:

True...all 3 tournaments (T20 WC, WTC and ODI WC) should be held after 4 years each...

WTC in 2025, T20 WC in 2026, ODI in 2027...then 2028 as warmup year..

Cycle repeat from 2029.

This fetish to be in all formats have actually paused the influx of talented youngsters while seniors continue to get free ride on the name of "experience", and that's fuelled by ICC conducting the WC events in every 2 years (which is now kinda boring and repetitive).

There should be no WTC and odi superleague,this is slow poison

Objective was to make each and every bilateral exciting,but it has failed

And a certainly a big no to "an ICC trophy each year",I hate it since it's inception

Edited by Suhaan
6 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

Meaningless series, I wont rate any century or wickets taken by uncles here.

Yes, zero value. Though Jaiswal getting runs here will be good.

Kohli should be 'rested' for the 2nd test and Gaikwad gets his opportunity.
Kuldeep should also get in next game.
Finally, give Mukesh Kumar a game. Check what he got.

1 hour ago, deepdynamo said:

Yes, zero value. Though Jaiswal getting runs here will be good.

Kohli should be 'rested' for the 2nd test and Gaikwad gets his opportunity.
Kuldeep should also get in next game.
Finally, give Mukesh Kumar a game. Check what he got.

Definitely excited about Jaiswal.

He needs a mentor to teach him to not throw away his wicket under any circumstances like how the uncles dont against minnows and stat pad their careers.