Prithvi Shaw hits 244 off 153 balls for Northamptonshire in One-Day Cup

1 hour ago, gattaca said:

Man his fitness seems bad. 

I am not a doctor and I don't play one on the internet, but I am wondering if he has to be on steroids for pain management following his injury and that has led to weight gain. It might explain his hair loss too. I am not optimistic, but I just hope he shakes off the rust and starts to contribute to Indian cricket.

2 hours ago, Prabhdeep Singh said:

Scores another hundred, 125* of  76 balls.

India is clearly wasting his talent, should be the opener with Gill after Rohit retires from 50 over world cup this year.

shaw can only destroy very weak attacks like Div 2. even in ranjis, he scored 300+ against a super weak team. rest of matches, he was mediocre

1 hour ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

I am not a doctor and I don't play one on the internet, but I am wondering if he has to be on steroids for pain management following his injury and that has led to weight gain. It might explain his hair loss too. I am not optimistic, but I just hope he shakes off the rust and starts to contribute to Indian cricket.

yes he was also banned for taking some 'syrup'.

1 hour ago, Vijy said:

shaw can only destroy very weak attacks like Div 2. even in ranjis, he scored 300+ against a super weak team. rest of matches, he was mediocre

Out of the contenders with Gill for opening slot:

Y Jaiswal

I Kishan

P Shaw

Personally I would go with Shaw, he has more talent, scoring runs at this strike rate requires a lot of talent otherwise everybody will be doing it.

He also recently scored a 379 in first class game, not everyone bowling in Ranji trophy is rubbish.

There are other overseas county pros applying their trade in division 2 they have not done anything close.

Shaw is a Sehwag type player (rare commodity), always should be backed over mediocre over the hill players like Rahane & Pujara in Test team for example.

You need good man management skills to sort out Shaw off field issues. BCCI need to work with Shaw.

Edited by Prabhdeep Singh
1 minute ago, Prabhdeep Singh said:

Out of the contenders with Gill for opening slot:

Y Jaiswal

I Kishan

P Shaw

Personally I would go with Shaw, he has more talent, scoring runs at this strike rate requires a lot of talent otherwise everybody will be doing it.

He also recently scored a 379 in first class game, not everyone bowling in Ranji trophy is rubbish.

There are other overseas county pros applying their trade in division 2 they have not done anything close.

Shaw is a Sehwag type player (rare commodity), always should be backed over mediocre over the hill players like Rahane & Pujara in Test team for example.

You need good man management skills to sort out Shaw off field issues. BCCI need to work with Shaw.

there is also sudharshan and gaekwad..

go look at who shaw scored the 379 against, and then you will see how rubbish that attack was

Edited by Vijy

If the man can score a double hundred and follow that with another hundred, he would be “fit” for cricket purposes. He has the stamina to stay at the crease for long periods of time- hit with power, run between wickets and then do it again in the next game. So he shouldn’t be docked for fitness reasons. Now, I don’t know how he fields, but if there are no bad comments, I guess that means he is doing as well as others in the team.  If he is docked it should be because we think he can’t score against quality bowling. 

36 minutes ago, kirkutfan said:

If the man can score a double hundred and follow that with another hundred, he would be “fit” for cricket purposes. He has the stamina to stay at the crease for long periods of time- hit with power, run between wickets and then do it again in the next game. So he shouldn’t be docked for fitness reasons. Now, I don’t know how he fields, but if there are no bad comments, I guess that means he is doing as well as others in the team.  If he is docked it should be because we think he can’t score against quality bowling. 

that is pretty much the main reason, along with his well known attitude issues

19 hours ago, kirkutfan said:

And hes injured his ACL and out for a few months- yes he's 'fit' for sure....