Indian left arm seamers

mani sha

15 minutes ago, Number said:

Arshdeep has decent height and high arm action. Right now his problem is stamina as he mostly bowls 4 overs but I have seen his highest going upto 142 kmph. 

Pacers invariably have small niggles, injury breaks and loss of rhythm and this leads to drop in pace from time to time. 

Those pacers who are just about adequate pace when fullly fit and in rhythm become innocuous after those niggles or loss of rhythm.

While someone like Shaheen is atiil operating at sufficient pace after losing some pace

This is one of the biggest reasons why I am against pacers who are basically medium pace, even though most of them may touch 140 k at peak fitness and form.

We have to look at the less than optimal versions of all bowlers to see if that is good enough. 

15 minutes ago, Number said:

He should work on developing his stock ball, which should be back of the length from over the wicket with an intention of hitting the deck and extracting the bounce. That will make him a better longer format prospect. 

But I doubt Mhambre etc can work on that.

This is my exact point too for a long time. 

As Arshdeep Singh is tall, if he can learn to extract bounce from good length balls by hitting the deck hard, he can be a much more versatile bowler and can succeed even at 135 k+. 

Currently, he can extract bounce only while trying bouncers.

But Mhambrey does not look like someone who can improve young pacers. 

18 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Pacers invariably have small niggles, injury breaks and loss of rhythm and this leads to drop in pace from time to time. 

Those pacers who are just about adequate pace when fullly fit and in rhythm become innocuous after those niggles or loss of rhythm.

While someone like Shaheen is atiil operating at sufficient pace after losing some pace

This is one of the biggest reasons why I am against pacers who are basically medium pace, even though most of them may touch 140 k at peak fitness and form.

We have to look at the less than optimal versions of all bowlers to see if that is good enough. 

This is my exact point too for a long time. 

As Arshdeep Singh is tall, if he can learn to extract bounce from good length balls by hitting the deck hard, he can be a much more versatile bowler and can succeed even at 135 k+. 

Currently, he can extract bounce only while trying bouncers.

But Mhambrey does not look like someone who can improve young pacers. 

How do you expect him to obtain bounce from good length, he is a floaty bowler and not hit the deck, so that's never gonna happen, he will have to change his whole bowling style along with his action to achieve that. 

According to me, he should be used based on conditions and shouldn't be an automatic selection in every match, that way we can get something good out of him. 

For ex I will play him in overcast conditions over the likes of Umran and Prasidy. 

2 hours ago, Adamant said:

There are only three good fast bowlers in India and two good raw talents

Bumrah 

Siraj

Prasidh

Shami is done, so not including him

Kartik

Umran

Arshdeep doesn't have much pace or bounce but he looks like the sort of guy who will eke out a good career if he is played in conditions which support him coz he can swing the ball and that too at a decent pace(above 132kph)

Apart from them there is no other fast bowler who is worth noticing. 

Don't care about the speed , Mohsin doesn't inspire any confidence, I will take Arshdeep over him. 

As for world cup selection, we should have taken Prasidh for sure, I don't know what Axar Patel is doing in that squad. 

Harshit, Mayank, Sen & Hangargekar are good as well.

Harshit & Hangargekar are bowlers who can bat/tonk the ball. So that gives them edge.

1 hour ago, Adamant said:

How do you expect him to obtain bounce from good length, he is a floaty bowler and not hit the deck, so that's never gonna happen, he will have to change his whole bowling style along with his action to achieve that. 

According to me, he should be used based on conditions and shouldn't be an automatic selection in every match, that way we can get something good out of him. 

For ex I will play him in overcast conditions over the likes of Umran and Prasidy. 

Floaty bowlers who are heavily dependent on conditions must have secondary skill set.

Woakes has that, Southee has that...so it Chahar.

Arsh still has a long way to go.

Edited by singhvivek141
3 hours ago, Adamant said:

We should look for Swing bowlers who can swing it at pace like Boult or Shaheen. 

Simardeep Singh, Mohsin Khan and to a lesser extent Mukesh Chaudhary are the candidates in India. 

There is no upside to choosing floaty pacers swinging at 127 k to 137 k.

Edited by express bowling
2 minutes ago, express bowling said:

We should look for Swing bowlers who can swing it at pace like Shaheen or Steyn.

Simardeep Singh, Mohsin Khan and to a lesser extent Mukesh Chaudhary are the candidates in India. 

There is no upside to choosing floaty pacers swinging at 127 k to 137 k.

There is definitely an upside to that in overcast conditions. 

We haven't produced anyone like Shaheen in our history let alone Steyn so let's not go there. 

Mohsin doesn't move the ball much, I have never seen him obtaining as much movement as Arshdeep does. 

Both are very different bowler. 

There's a reason why the likes of Woakes, Abbas, Philander etc are successful in SENA. 

Philander has won so many matches for SA despite being conditions dependent and he had a better test career than any fast bowler we ever produced so conditions dependent bowler are very useful and it's a fact which no one can deny. 

34 minutes ago, Adamant said:

There is definitely an upside to that in overcast conditions. 

You can't pick bowlers for conditions which can change fast and don't stay for long.

We haven't produced anyone like Shaheen in our history let alone Steyn so let's not go there. 

Shaheen averages in the high 30s in tests matches against the top 5 teams and is not a good death bowler in LOIs. He isn't as good as many people think.

Mohsin doesn't move the ball much, I have never seen him obtaining as much movement as Arshdeep does. 

Both are very different bowler. 

Mohsin bowls big outswingers to RHB.  

There's a reason why the likes of Woakes, Abbas, Philander etc are successful in SENA. 

Woakes and Philander are not / were not floaty bowlers.

Philander has won so many matches for SA despite being conditions dependent and he had a better test career than any fast bowler we ever produced so conditions dependent bowler are very useful and it's a fact which no one can deny. 

Philander was very good at seaming the ball and getting bounce from good length even if it was at 130 k. 

He learnt to swing with control only at the fag end of his career. 

His bowling style was very different from Arshdeep, Bhuvi or Chahar.

Philander was like a 7 kph slower version of older Shami with more accuracy.

Coincidentally Arshdeep is from the same under-19 batch as Shaheen. He was a reserve bowler with main bowlers being Shivam Mavi, Nagarkoti and Porel.  Shaheen is 6'6" so he has a very high release point. Arshdeep is 6'3". Although he is taller than other Indian bowlers his release point is a bit lower. Shaheen leverages it well. Jansen is another giant who uses his height effectively. Just that he doesn't have that signature left arm seamer delivery to right hander.  Starc when in rhythm can be a handful. But he blows hot and cold. All these guys are fairly tall.  India lacks such tall bowlers. 

3 hours ago, Prabhdeep Singh said:

Need to focus on the following left armers post world cup:

Khaleel Ahmed (Age 25)

Mohsin Khan (Age 25)

Arshdeep Singh (Age 24)

Arjun Tendulkar (Age 23)

IMO..only him. Mohsin ticks almost all boxes with pace and bounce...only caveat is ability to bring the ball in to right hand batters & sometimes it seems he is just lazy and disinterested. 

Arshdeep & Arjun are too slow at the moment...they don't have natural pace or bounce. Arjun tries too hard but still his pace is very low for a international pacer. Arshdeep though was clocking 140's but its clear that his peak pace and his radar is at 128-135. Maybe we can advocate for a  place in T20's but definitely not in ODI's. He just don't have enough skills for longer formats.

Khaleel is just happy with what he has achieved and no aspiration further whatsoever. He don't even play domestics for Rajasthan and has been a non performer so far in RPL...he just don't seem to have that hunger to succeed anymore.

25 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

IMO..only him. Mohsin ticks almost all boxes with pace and bounce...only caveat is ability to bring the ball in to right hand batters & sometimes it seems he is just lazy and disinterested. 

Arshdeep & Arjun are too slow at the moment...they don't have natural pace or bounce. Arjun tries too hard but still his pace is very low for a international pacer. Arshdeep though was clocking 140's but its clear that his peak pace and his radar is at 128-135. Maybe we can advocate for a  place in T20's but definitely not in ODI's. He just don't have enough skills for longer formats.

Khaleel is just happy with what he has achieved and no aspiration further whatsoever. He don't even play domestics for Rajasthan and has been a non performer so far in RPL...he just don't seem to have that hunger to succeed anymore.

Khaleel ,Mohsin both are same none can bring the ball in and have lost pace(due to injury but I doubt he will regain his pace) and quite laidback

Never rated Mohsin,I found Mukesh Choudhary better than him in when both were fit and bowling

Yeah,but Mohsin and others do have a role in other formats,

Mohsin can bat,we can always throw him in t20s and see what he can do

Like England do

Edited by Suhaan
On 9/7/2023 at 2:51 AM, tapandrun said:

Khaleel had all the ingredients height, smooth action but looks like he is content playing or being in some ipl team. Has not improved a bit in so many years.

Mukesh (CSK) looks sharp but not tall and mostly new ball bowler. 

I saw few games from Vijay Hazare trophy and he was bowling in death as well, wide Yorkers away from the arc of right handed batters.

Not very skilled in death, but isn't total trash as well like Chahar or Umesh. Could be a serviceable option if captains use him properly.

Edited by singhvivek141
8 hours ago, Jaydev_Unadkat said:

Jaydev Unadkat Shines With Six-Wicket Haul, Helps Sussex Register Victory Against Leicestershire in County Championship 2023

3-23 in the first innings and 6-94 in the second. Jaydev Unadkat scalped nine wickets in the County Championship match against Leicestershire to power Sussex to a win.

Sir, I think U can replace Lord Thakur in the WC squad.  But I m not much aware of your batting abilities.   Can U bat little better than Shardul? 

Edited by Frustrated
On 9/8/2023 at 1:33 AM, singhvivek141 said:

I saw few games from Vijay Hazare trophy and he was bowling in death as well, wide Yorkers away from the arc of right handed batters.

Not very skilled in death, but isn't total trash as well like Chahar or Umesh. Could be a serviceable option if captains use him properly.

mukesh has some good skills. Would like to see him play more FC and List A as well

Any hope for Mohsin Khan?  Has he recovered from injuries?  He has the most potential as he gets quite  a lot of bounce. 

We have to plan 2027 attack immediately after this World Cup

Left arm quick

Stock right arm seamer

High release bowler

And at least one backup for each.  Extra seamers of these types should be part of every white ball tour and squad where they should be given access to the best coaching and drills etc. 

7 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Any hope for Mohsin Khan?  Has he recovered from injuries?  He has the most potential as he gets quite  a lot of bounce. 

We have to plan 2027 attack immediately after this World Cup

Left arm quick

Stock right arm seamer

High release bowler

And at least one backup for each.  Extra seamers of these types should be part of every white ball tour and squad where they should be given access to the best coaching and drills etc. 

May be we will have to wait for next IPL..he will hopefully be at his peak fitness for that..