Play pakistan more often

mani sha

I remember jadeja knock vs waquar .. the match was hyped up in 1996 I think as india was not playing pakistan much due to tensions , match fixing in Sharjah 

we won . After that we played them regularly in Toronto , toured pak and their bowlers were not a novelty . 

feel india not playing pak enough gives their bowlers a huge advantage . Shaheen barely plays against india and hence they do better against our ageing batters .. 

44 minutes ago, mani sha said:

I remember jadeja knock vs waquar .. the match was hyped up in 1996 I think as india was not playing pakistan much due to tensions , match fixing in Sharjah 

we won . After that we played them regularly in Toronto , toured pak and their bowlers were not a novelty . 

feel india not playing pak enough gives their bowlers a huge advantage . Shaheen barely plays against india and hence they do better against our ageing batters .. 

If there is anything i understood about pak team yesterday was that see off Shaheens first 3-4 overs, dont give him wickets and bowlers that follow are ordinary. Even in the final spell both Hardik and jaddu got out cause they were trying to go for runs. Jaddu just chased a delivery outside off and was unlucky. 

Also Pakistani should thank rain and Rohit Sharma. Rain cause there batting on that track would have been exposed and Rohit cause he chose to bat and didnt play shami. 

35 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

If there is anything i understood about pak team yesterday was that see off Shaheens first 3-4 overs, dont give him wickets and bowlers that follow are ordinary. Even in the final spell both Hardik and jaddu got out cause they were trying to go for runs. Jaddu just chased a delivery outside off and was unlucky. 

Also Pakistani should thank rain and Rohit Sharma. Rain cause there batting on that track would have been exposed and Rohit cause he chose to bat and didnt play shami. 

Not just Shaheen.   Rauf and Nassem also caused lots of problems.  Had pak attacked a bit more with Rauf and Naseem bowling a few short spells in the middle overs (20 to 40)  instead of continuing with spinners, we would hv been 170-200 AO.  

2 hours ago, Frustrated said:

Not just Shaheen.   Rauf and Nassem also caused lots of problems.  Had pak attacked a bit more with Rauf and Naseem bowling a few short spells in the middle overs (20 to 40)  instead of continuing with spinners, we would hv been 170-200 AO.  

Whole batting unit needs to be changed. Like we mentioned earlier. This pak attack is so overrated bowling vs weak mentally fragile players. 

Uh, no. 

5 minutes ago, Number said:

Either treat them as any other team or just don't play them at any cost.

Asia cup me 5 baar khel lenge, world cup me ek group me rakhawake khelenge. lekin bilateral nahi. Makes us look stupid. 

Just don't play them at all is my preferred option. But greed has taken over. 

18 minutes ago, Number said:

Asia cup me 5 baar khel lenge, world cup me ek group me rakhawake khelenge. lekin bilateral nahi. Makes us look stupid. 

How does that make us look stupid?

The main aim is to stop Pakistan from minting money using the large Indian market. And that is exactly what bilaterals will do. Playing them in ICC/Asia Cup tournaments means nothing as the revenues go to the organizing bodies which will then be distributed among the members. Barely miniscule compared to what they'll earn with a full tour of India...

2 hours ago, Frustrated said:

Had pak attacked a bit more with Rauf and Naseem bowling a few short spells in the middle overs (20 to 40)  instead of continuing with spinners, we would hv been 170-200 AO.  

That is not how things work.

Highly likely that Rauf and Naseem would have been played around defensively and then it would mean spinners would have bowled more death overs and travelled even more. Keep in mind that all the bottom 6 wickets we lost was us trying to be aggressive against them in the death and not them bowling some unplayable deliveries. 

44 minutes ago, Norman said:

How does that make us look stupid?

The main aim is to stop Pakistan from minting money using the large Indian market. And that is exactly what bilaterals will do. Playing them in ICC/Asia Cup tournaments means nothing as the revenues go to the organizing bodies which will then be distributed among the members. Barely miniscule compared to what they'll earn with a full tour of India...

I really doubt financially strangling them is the reason behind this.

BCCI gives up and distributes its share in ACC revenue to all other nations. Pakistan obviously benefits from it.

Ramiz Raja himself admitted as PCB chief that PCB can collapse in a day if India wants it.

Of all these matches we play in Asia Cup, Pakistan makes good chunk of money. 

It is more of a political decision and that is why I feel it should be concrete, don't play them at all.

4 minutes ago, Number said:

I really doubt financially strangling them is the reason behind this.

BCCI gives up and distributes its share in ACC revenue to all other nations. Pakistan obviously benefits from it.

Ramiz Raja himself admitted as PCB chief that PCB can collapse in a day if India wants it.

Of all these matches we play in Asia Cup, Pakistan makes good chunk of money. 

It is more of a political decision and that is why I feel it should be concrete, don't play them at all.

The dough Pakistan gets from these tournaments is very very little compared to what they would get if they host india for a full bilateral home series. Simple logic. We can't stop them from making this as its out of our control. But playing or not playing them is certainly in our hands.

Besides , it's stupid to say we won't play them anywhere no matter what. What if we have to face them in a world cup semi final? Would we play them there or would we forfeit? Both will look extremely stupid...

2 hours ago, Number said:

Exactly.

Played 3 matches in 2022. Didn't play in final of Asia Cup otherwise it would have been 4 matches against Pakistan. 2 matches against them in 2018 Asia Cup, 3 if they had played finals. Now already 3 matches here.(4-5 if they meet in SF/Finals of WC/Asia Cup) 

It isn't that only PCB needs money even BCCI is money hungry greed machine who keep encashing on the name of rivalry and when swords are out on the name of patriotism, they slyly withdraws and denies to play B/L series. Already 3-4 matches every other year, isnt it some sort of B/L series? 

4 hours ago, Number said:

How is denying Pakistan millions of dollars in revenue from Indian audiences by not playing them in bilaterals stupid lol?

If anything it's the most logical thing to do by not letting your enemies earn off you. Forfieting ICC matches would be stupid as it will only hurt us and benefit them. 

They need us much more than we need them. Their economy is suffering badly due to economic isolation from India. We are managing just fine without them.

22 minutes ago, AuxiliA said:

How is denying Pakistan millions of dollars in revenue from Indian audiences by not playing them in bilaterals stupid lol?

If anything it's the most logical thing to do by not letting your enemies earn off you. Forfieting ICC matches would be stupid as it will only hurt us and benefit them. 

They need us much more than we need them. Their economy is suffering badly due to economic isolation from India. We are managing just fine without them.

Stupid is, playing them as many times as possible in an ACC event, which is headed by our own Jay Shah and then saying we don't want to play them. Lol

5 minutes ago, Number said:

Stupid is, playing them as many times as possible in an ACC event, which is headed by our own Jay Shah and then saying we don't want to play them. Lol

Stupid is, not understanding the difference between a bilateral series and a multi-national one. 

Your personal dislike for Jay Shah is clouding your judgement of India's foreign policy regarding Pakistan mate. 

34 minutes ago, AuxiliA said:

Stupid is, not understanding the difference between a bilateral series and a multi-national one. 

Your personal dislike for Jay Shah is clouding your judgement of India's foreign policy regarding Pakistan mate. 

If you mean to say that BCCI plays Pakistan in these tournaments under ACC/ICC pressure then I don't believe that.

Pakistan is host this time and by these 2 India Pak matches they will make a lot of money. If financially strangling them is the motive, how about avoiding them as much possible at least ?

I just find this whole stance and then actions of BCCI very inconsistent.

Edited by Number
3 minutes ago, Number said:

If you mean to say that BCCI plays Pakistan in these tournaments under ACC/ICC pressure then I don't believe that.

Pakistan is host this time and by these 2 India Pak matches they will make a lot of money. If financially strangling them is the motive, how about avoiding them as much possible at least ?

I just find this whole stance and then actions of BCCI very inconsistent.

Yes it is INCONSISTENT (& not stupid). You finally used the right word!

Avoiding them is not easy in ACC or ICC events without hurting ourselves or upsetting other friendly nations. Other Asian countries want us to participate in Asia Cup for their own revenue. Can't upset them just to avoid Pak. Same is true for ICC events where forfieting games will only hurt us not Pak.

We are only doing what is best in our own interest. If it is inconsistent, then so be it. 

11 hours ago, Frustrated said:

Thats shoulda coulda woulda.  With the ball getting older, every chance that Pandu/Kishan could have handled a couple of those overs, and then even the likes of Jaddu/Thakur could have whacked the weaker bowlers in the end.  

People get overawed with the early impact of the bowling and extrapolate unnecessarily.