Breaking: India to be renamed as Bharat

rangeelaraja

Pointless move. In a country where we desperately crave for law & order as well as judicial reforms...govt. is contemplating wasting time on such silly maneuvers.

Since, unlike UCC or A370 amendments which were manifesto promises, this renaming was not a manifesto promise, it's safe to assume that this is a reaction to the opposition renaming itself I.N.D.I.A. BJP is clearly rattled.

6 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

Pointless move. In a country where we desperately crave for law & order as well as judicial reforms...govt. is contemplating wasting time on such silly maneuvers.

Since, unlike UCC or A370 amendments which were manifesto promises, this renaming was not a manifesto promise, it's safe to assume that this is a reaction to the opposition renaming itself I.N.D.I.A. BJP is clearly rattled.

The timing is on the eve of G20, so don't think your judgement is correct.

I.N.D.I.... is a pathetic joke.  Mamata Banerjee walked out of the meeting in Mumbai because there was no consensus on seat sharing.

How do you think these egoistic geriatric septuagenarians will ever come to a consensus on seat sharing - junta is far smarter than you and I.

They know these scavenges who fought each other all their lives are uniting only for political survival and can deliver zilch.

They can name the opposition anything, they will still get whopping.

13 minutes ago, rangeelaraja said:

The timing is on the eve of G20, so don't think your judgement is correct.

I.N.D.I.... is a pathetic joke.  Mamata Banerjee walked out of the meeting in Mumbai because there was no consensus on seat sharing.

How do you think these egoistic geriatric septuagenarians will ever come to a consensus on seat sharing - junta is far smarter than you and I.

They know these scavenges who fought each other all their lives are uniting only for political survival and can deliver zilch.

They can name the opposition anything, they will still get whopping.

Tell me one simple thing, when the PM launched Make in India in 2014, did he and BJP not realize that India was a term with colonial connotations?

The constitution recognizes both India and Bharat already. India is what we are referred to in Western/Foreign languages, Bharat is what we refer to ourselves in vernacular languages. 

Opposition will lose elections anyways but this just reeks of reactionism. 

22 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

I don’t know who’s more rattled, but definitely BJP/Modisa have distracted the national focus away from INDI alliance and have the public speculating about the special monsoon session with 

One nation one election 

Women’s reservation bill

Bharat that was India

11 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

Tell me one simple thing, when the PM launched Make in India in 2014, did he and BJP not realize that India was a term with colonial connotations?

The constitution recognizes both India and Bharat already. India is what we are referred to in Western/Foreign languages, Bharat is what we refer to ourselves in vernacular languages. 

The first step is to acquaint the outside world with Bharat.  How many foreign countries know that Bharat is India ? Except - South Asia - none of the heads of states would know. 

Thats why it was timed with G20 invite - to socialize it with the biggest and most important.

You are assuming things -  You are assuming the MEA and PMO is clueless.

Once the world starts to use Bharat and gets used to it, Make in India will also change.

19 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

Yep changing national identity for sake of petty politics is not cool...  None these political jokers have anything closer in accomplishment to founding fathers. 

We are making our country look like a Joke. 

Were we living under a rock since 1947 or in a colonial rule or our constitution is a joke? 

Imagine being still part of Commonwealth & trying to show People that we are threatened by name INDIA. 

8 minutes ago, rangeelaraja said:

The first step is to acquaint the outside world with Bharat.  How many foreign countries know that Bharat is India ? Except - South Asia - none of the heads of states would know. 

Thats why it was timed with G20 invite - to socialize it with the biggest and most important.

You are assuming things -  You are assuming the MEA and PMO is clueless.

Once the world starts to use Bharat and gets used to it, Make in India will also change.

Lol how about taking a exit from Commonwealth?  It's a petty political move nothing else. 

1 minute ago, rangeelaraja said:

Yes, that too should be done. Commonwealth is a joke. A reminder that we were once a British Colony.

There is nothing petty about it.

They would have done it if they can...  It's simple its all about domestic consumption & selling Kool aid to make INDIA look foreign. 

All games as you have said it yourself in your earlier posts...  Don't backtrack now.