Favorite film of all time!

zen

I listed my favorite and a runner-up. Maybe it's time for an honorable mention - The French Connection (1971). It is based on a true story about two NYPD narcotic detectives pursuing a French drug smuggler. Marseilles and NY provide a gritty canvas for the story. The film was nominated for 8 Oscars and won 5 - film, actor, director, editing, and screenplay! ... Below are a couple of its famous chases:

Btw, since this is a favorite thread, I have listed films that are in my collection (all in their latest restored transfers) as ideally if a movie is a favorite, it is likely to be in your collection!

10 hours ago, zen said:

I listed my favorite and a runner-up. Maybe it's time for an honorable mention - The French Connection (1971). It is based on a true story about two NYPD narcotic detectives pursuing a French drug smuggler. Marseilles and NY provide a gritty canvas for the story. The film was nominated for 8 Oscars and won 5 - film, actor, director, editing, and screenplay! ... Below are a couple of its famous chases:

Btw, since this is a favorite thread, I have listed films that are in my collection (all in their latest restored transfers) as ideally if a movie is a favorite, it is likely to be in your collection!

Friedkin was a genius. He and Coppola did hit an amazing creative purple patch in 70s. Friedkin was ambitious enough to go for Sorcerer which effectively destroyed or atleast damaged his career.

1 hour ago, zen said:

I recall 2 films with both Rakhee and Pankaj Dheer in them - Soilder and Badshah. In Soldier, Dheer played a positive role, so maybe it is the other one. Unless it is some Ajay Devgan film.

:)  sorry for digressing from your topic, but these two are 2000s I think. I happened to watch it recently

24 minutes ago, diga said:

:)  sorry for digressing from your topic, but these two are 2000s I think. I happened to watch it recently

Good trivia though. I pride myself knowing most of obscure trivia of movies, this one totally was difficult. Never pay attention to character names, but a very good connection to Karan Arjun. Sorry had to use Canadian Security Analyst methods to figure it out.