Your Ideal Indian 11 for World Cup

anish233

12 hours ago, Vijy said:

but axar nowadays offers almost zero with the ball. I would rather go for jadeja, ashwin and sundar over him

he is my 6th bowler.5th bowler will be Pandya or Ashwin for me deending on pitch...esp because we dont have batsmen who can bowl spin..Ideally...Tilak Verma with more bowling exposure could have worked for us..

if it comes to spin friendly pitches..Axar can play good role too..

Axar in form batting compared to Jadeja..is making me keep him ahead of Jaddu..

he has shown..he can play some fighting knocks..

Sundar looks good prospect to me..however..even though. I believe he has good batting potential..he is yet to play a significant white ball innings..plus..regular fitness issues

Ashwin is in my team as a bowling AR..to compliment Kuldeep in spin friendly tracks..Ashwin is replacing Thakur for me..

ideal bowling ...given these are Indian tracks for me..

Premier\penetrative bowlers:

Boom

Siraj

Kuldeep

====

very good bowlers

Pandya

Ashwin

====

--bowling cushion extra 6th bowler

Axar

btw..how is the dew situation..at thsi time..we may have to think about extra pacer..if dew is going to nullify spin..

Edited by Need4Speed
9 hours ago, Serpico said:

I will drop kl and pick Iyer/sky based on the pitch and opposition. It will never happen but that's my ideal situation

Or bench rohit/virat if kl must play

KL is a shoe in. He's in good form and an okayish keeper.

I'd remove Ro Sha and have Kishan/Sky play in his place.

Jadeja too I'm not sure about but in India he may just do the trick.

Edited by Mariyam
On 9/25/2023 at 10:06 AM, anish233 said:

What is your ideal 11 for world cup matches ? I know it might be different depending on the opponent and the pitch, but even so what is your Ideal 11 for a must-win match (which frankly is every match in the WC)

My 11:

Rohit

Gill

Kohli

Iyer

Rahul

Ishan

Hardik

Jadeja

Shami

Siraj

Bumrah

Its a toss up for me between Ishan and Surya, but I give the advantage to Ishan because I truly believe he is more reliable and technically more sound. 

What’s your 11?

Just one spinner in Indian conditions? 4 pace bowlers in India is a overkill. None of our batters can bowl spin. Kuldeep needs to come in place of Shami and this XI looks good. May be in pitches there is more bounce or carry like Mohali or Dharamshala, we can play 4 pacers but mostly it has to be 2 spinners minimum. WC is not in England. Imagine playing just one spinner in Chennai when even the opposition will play 2-3 spinners.

20 hours ago, express bowling said:

1. Gill

2. Rohit

3. Kohli

4. Kishan / Shreyas 

5. Rahul

6. Hardik

7. Axar 

8. Shami / Ashwin .. based on pitch 

9. Bumrah

10. Kuldeep 

11. Siraj  / Prasidh .. rotate 

Those first three batsmen is going to make for a slow starts.

This is the 2023 version of Hitman and Kohli, not there 2010s version where they were phenomenal. Presume Kohli is in because he is immovable object much like Hitman?

Definitely need 6 bowlers, because we cant trust our bowlers especially in light of the fact that none of our batsmen can bowl a single over.

In a dream world with the same squad I would go

Gill

Hitman

Iyer

Kishan

SKY

Hardik

Axar

Shami/Ash

Bumrah

Kuldeep

Siraj

21 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

Those first three batsmen is going to make for a slow starts.

This is the 2023 version of Hitman and Kohli, not there 2010s version where they were phenomenal. Presume Kohli is in because he is immovable object much like Hitman?

Our hands are tied regarding Rohit and Kohli.

They both can score 9 " zeroes " on the trot in the league stage but will still play the SF if we make it there despite the 0s. 

Regarding Gill, he is giving fast starts on some days snd slow starts on others. He did smash the opening bowlers in the 2nd game vs Pakistan and in the 1st ODI vs Australia. And he usually goes above 100 SR if he bats past 7 overs or so. 

I like your team.

Edited by express bowling
8 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Our hands are tied regarding Rohit and Kohli.

They both can score 9 " zeroes " on the trot in the league stage but will still play the SF if we make it there despite the 0s. 

Regarding Gill, he is giving fast starts on some days snd slow starts on others. He did smash the opening bowlers in the 2nd games vs Pakistan and in the 1st IDI vs Australia. And he usually goes above 100 SR if he bats past 7 overs or so. 

I like your team.

I agree they will keep the template of having Hitman and Kohli if the other players mask their failures.

Problem is compounded if KL is poor with either bat or ball or both. That would mean 3 players consistently failing.

Mind you, SRT was all that was needed back in his prime. However, I dont think we have any batsmen that are close to delivering SRT levels on a consistent basis.

Ive enjoyed seeing Gill, Iyer in the last innings and even SKY bat well, along with Kishan.

Im not a fan of SKY's ego, he has too much confidence and arrogance for a player that has not consistently delivered and won games for India or batted well.

I would select the xi based on pitch , opposition batting strength & opposition death bowlers 

A) If pitch is good , opposition is batting heavy and majority of the death bowling is by pacers/medium pacers who are not renowned for exceptional death bowling skills , then SKY is a must in the Xi to strengthen the batting as well as someone to capitalise last 10-12 overs bowled mostly by pacers.

If someone can really tear apart pacers in the last 10-12 overs it is SKY  if opposition pacers are not very good at death bowling like AUS, SA or even 

ENG with bowlers like Curran, Jordan, even Wood at death overs. 

XI would be - 

1. Rohit, Gill, VK , KL, Iyer, SKY, Hardik, Ash, Kuldeep, Bhumra, Siraj.

My Strong conviction that you will not win a match if 7 batters cannot do it , the 8th one will not do . Hence  will go for the 2 best Spinners, 2 best pacers and Hardik.

Or even in QF , SF matches go with this combo if it is a good pitch.  Expect 5 bowlers to bowl all overs. Risk well worth to take .

Additionally presence of SKY at 6-7 will make opposition teams to keep some overs of good spinners for him , so their bowling plans will not be certain and that may again create opportunities for others  in 11-40 overs to exploit.

B) If pitch is slow with big boundaries , opposition has good death bowling options

XI would be - 

1. Rohit, Gill, VK , KL, Iyer, Hardik, Jaddu, Shardul ,Kuldeep, Bhumra, Siraj.

Shardul  has done well on such pitches and grounds with his cutters and change of pace.

C) Against SC teams who are good bashers of Spin like BD, PAK, SL 

Will go with best 3 pacers .

But ultimately the form will decide -

> If shreyas falters in couple of matches , SKY will take his place.

> If Jaddu falters - Shardul /Ashwin will replace him.

> If Rohit & VK falter -NO ONE will replace them !!  HAHHA

Rohit

Gill

Kohli

Klr

SDP

Sky

Axar

Ashwin

Kuldeep/Shami

Bumrah

Siraj

Sky bcos he brings something different which iyer or kishan does not. If he fails .iyer comes in.

Axar bcos he is a better batsman than jadeja and can move up the order if needed as he is the only leftie.

Iyer or ishan can replace either sky or klr but we know klr is untouchable.

I think we shd start with jadeja or axar at 7 and Ashwin at 8 ..just for batting stability. Thakur brings absolutely nothing other than maybe clicking with the bat in one match. He will get Carted on these flat pitches and pick up some wickets as batsmen to after him. 

This is controversial. I believe Kuldeep even if he is awesome might have to sit for Shami on pacy wickets just for the sake of team balance.

Else we play with three spinners and three pacers.

Cons are obvious here

One leftie down the order. Replacing sky with ishan might be an option.

If SDP has a off day we have only two seamers. But do not see how  Thakur can help.

If Ashwin is not performing..we go back to Thakur at 8 idea and Kuldeep plays all the matches.

Pros

Ashwin on these pitches can be handful. He and Kuldeep can cause a lot of damage in middle overs.

Axar or jadeja can share overs with pandya.

Batting till 8 and a stronger bowling attack than jadeja and Thakur. Jadeja or axar with Ashwin can be tweaked to be more bowling or batting potency.