Once a modern ODI great, Shikhar Dhawan has faded away unnoticed (article in cricinfo)

fineleg

5 hours ago, Bigg Brother said:

Article glorifying the period where we hardly won anything barring 1 Champions trophy. These guys failed us to win even overseas bilaterals at times. Good batter but nothing special, this 'trinity' has hardly won anything. Other 2 of Trinity should also be phased out after wc.

The first world cup trophy Sachin won was in 22nd year of his career. 

Doesn't mean he was an idiot befor that and wasn't glorified by people like you. 

Stop this idiotic rant.

As for overseas bilateral they won us series in SA, series in Eng and 2 series in aus. Sachin didn't even win that

Edited by Adamant
5 minutes ago, Adamant said:

Doesn't mean he was an idiot befor that and wasn't glorified by people like you. 

Stop this idiotic rant.

As for overseas bilateral they won us series in SA, series in Eng and 2 series in aus. Sachin didn't even win that

This thread and the article wasn't about Sachin. Please don't quote me if you are having comprehension problems.. 

18 minutes ago, Bigg Brother said:

This thread and the article wasn't about Sachin. Please don't quote me if you are having comprehension problems.. 

Oh i see, you don't have the capability to infer things. 

Instead of being intellectually dishonest try thinking logically and changing your rigid mindset. 

2 hours ago, Adamant said:

Stop this idiotic rant.

Two things to consider -

icc trophies have increased in last decade. Almost one every year now. Sachin in entire 90s had 3 world cups and 1 knockout trophy. Dhawan from 2012 to 2022 had 2 ODI wc, 4 t20 wc, 2 champions trophy (wasn't selected to all of them i think). 

Fans expectations increased on ICT. You can say its unwarranted, but I think we had better chances to win last decade than the decades before 

32 minutes ago, putrevus said:

No it is not as far as odis as are concerned. He was far better than both Ganguly and Gambhir ever were in their careers.

1 minute ago, mani sha said:

It’s true . Gabbar was aggressive upfront . Dream odi india team will have sachin gabbar sehwag Kohli Yuvraj dhoni as top 6 . Rohit as reserve 

44 is a pretty sub par average for an era where the highest is 58.

59 minutes ago, IndiaWC8311 said:

He was the key. he did all the hard work while vadapav Rohit took all the credit

Dhawan has more match winning performance than Rohit both in IPL and internationally ODI

He scored third most runs from his debut till his last match and him being LHB with very good SR helped Rohit a lot.

Rohit never had to worry about starting fast.Gabbar was there to take care RR with fast starts plus he was very good in big matches .

19 minutes ago, Lord said:

Highly underrated. Would put up there with Rohit if not Kohli.

Numbers aren't great because he never played for them. Used to give quick starts always

He reached a peak average of 47. Then he kinda went downhill. He started worrying about his place. That is when he started taking time and playing. Come the IPL. Usual Dhawan showed up. Never seen him batting like a timid cat regardless of the magnitude of the occasion.