Controversies with each world cup

I will start with 2003 world cup. SA, Kenya and Zimbabwe hosted the world cup. 

1. NZ refused to travel to Kenya due to political reasons and points were awarded to Kenya which eventually helped them in going into semis.

2. ECB tried to cancel opening match in Harare by pressurizing ICC.

3. SA threatened to cancel their tours to Eng due to attempts of ECB.

4. Eng refused to travel to Zimbabwe due to political reasons and match was awarded to Zimbabwe helping them to go to super six as their match with Pakistan was washed out.

5. NZ team went to tiget tiger night club in Durban and were thrown out of the club due to their behavior. While leaving the club, Chris Cairns was punched by unidentified person.

6. Zimbabwe players Andy Flower and Henry Olonga had black ribbons during their games to show their dissent against political rule in the country.

7. Shane Warne banned after drug test.

19 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

2019 - Winner awarded on boundary count;  Stokes deflecting an overthrow to the boundary;  Dharmasena awarding 6 runs instead of 5

This has got to be the worst of the lot. It ended up deciding the winner of the cup. England most undeservingly won a cup without actually winning the final. I also don't buy that Stokes didn't do it intentionally. He could see the ball coming in from his peripheral vision and knew exactly that nobody was behind the keeper to stop the ball going to the boundary. England played their dirty tricks right.

44 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

2019 - Winner awarded on boundary count;  Stokes deflecting an overthrow to the boundary;  Dharmasena awarding 6 runs instead of 5

2011 - Pak crying over Tendulkar LBW

1996 - Eden gardens crowd disturbance

2019 England pulled the boundary to 59 m to nullify Indian spin attack. This allowed to qualify lol. Had they lost that match they would have never made it to semis.

Edited by gattaca

1996 - Aus & WI refused to travel to SL due to security concerns. India+Pak sent a combined team to SL for a friendly match to prove security was fine, but Aus+WI did not budge and forfeited points.

SL topped the group by beating only minnows Zim/Kenya + decent Ind (God) in the group stage (like this year's NZ).

QF - pummelled ODI minnows England (bottom team from other group - easy draw)

SF - braindead toss decision by Azhar (one of the coping reasons/rumour was we did not want to win and travel to Lahore for Final)

Final - proper win against Aus

SL had a great team playing in perfect home conditions, still they were lucky to avoid the red-hot teams during various stages (SA, PAK, WI)

2015 World Cup : Bangladesh still cry over thay no ball call . Sheikh haseena got involved. These bozos dont realise that rohit was on 90 at that time.. even if he got out india would have scored 300.. 

https://wisden.com/series-stories/t20-world-cup-2022-series-stories/rohit-sharma-out-chhilo-the-india-bangladesh-2015-controversy-that-led-to-an-appeal-and-beyond/amp

2 minutes ago, neel roy said:

2015 World Cup : Bangladesh still cry over thay no ball call . Sheikh haseena got involved. These bozos dont realise that rohit was on 90 at that time.. even if he got out india would have scored 300.. 

https://wisden.com/series-stories/t20-world-cup-2022-series-stories/rohit-sharma-out-chhilo-the-india-bangladesh-2015-controversy-that-led-to-an-appeal-and-beyond/amp

They were also crying about Dhawan's catch of Muhamadullah not being clean.

17 hours ago, rish said:

1996 - Jayasuriya had springs in his bat

Lmfao. These days, I heard Jayasuriya replaced his eye balls with Magic Lenses so he could see the ball like Football.

People were real scared of him tbh. They started 15 over 100 run in that particular WC.

Edited by User30786
Just now, User30786 said:

Lmfao. These days, I heard Jayasuriya replaced his eye balls with Magic Lenses so he could see the ball like Football.

People are real scared of him tbh. They started 15 over 100 run in that particular WC.

Manoj Prabhakar started bowling off spin and still got tonked around.

SL bossed that WC.

1 minute ago, User30786 said:

People were real scared of him tbh. They started 15 over 100 run in that particular WC.

It became so bad when jaysurya was at his prime we as indians felt helpless.. whatever india scored they chased with elan and actually bashed every single bowler.. prasad srinath rajesh chauhan ( i still remember his expression when he walked upto bowl to jaysurya) raju all were hammered..there was some petition in newspaper which cried pur WHY CANT AN INDIAN MOTHER PRODUCE A JAYSURYA.. from 1996 to 1999 i think india lost 10-12 matches against them winning only 1..

then came Taunton….1999

Umpires checked the bat sizes of Indian players (Tendulkar, Ganguly)  to see if it was more broader than usual. Don't remember if it is 1999 ro 2003.

2007: Final few overs of the Final was played with malfunctioning flood lights. It was pitch dark sometimes.  MR could have awarded the match to Aus withiut playing out the final overs. It was a farce, 2007 WC was a disaster for ICC. 

Edited by coffee_rules
1 hour ago, neel roy said:

It became so bad when jaysurya was at his prime we as indians felt helpless.. whatever india scored they chased with elan and actually bashed every single bowler.. prasad srinath rajesh chauhan ( i still remember his expression when he walked upto bowl to jaysurya) raju all were hammered..there was some petition in newspaper which cried pur WHY CANT AN INDIAN MOTHER PRODUCE A JAYSURYA.. from 1996 to 1999 i think india lost 10-12 matches against them winning only 1..

then came Taunton….1999

Who can forget those forearms.  He used to * us up and used to have a minion kalu who went along with him. Then gurusinha etc lol..