Pandya out of WC,Prasidh will take his spot in the Squad

cowboysfan

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Very good decision.  No point persisting with an unfit player, no matter how valuable. And Prasidh is a very good pick. 

Prasidh should have been in the original squad in place of pseudo allrounder Shardul. 

Great decision going with Prasidh, provides great cover for our three pace bowlers, we already have Ash covering the two spinners.

Kishan there to cover any batsman and or the keeper role.

Thakur sticks out really badly as a poor decision, I guess the thinking was that he was probably cover for Pandya. I would rather have Ash come in for Pandya than Thakur.

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Exactly.

Prasidh should play vs Netherlands.

I would play him vs SA and maybe not expose Shami to them? In case we play them in the finals.

I would even play Ash and Kishan too.

Kohli, Iyer and Sky maybe combine as the 6th bowler.

India must not overplay their hand here and expose their bowlers in "practice game" vs SA.

3 hours ago, raki05 said:

Also BCCI should try to find and groom new allrounders. In domestic it should be mandatory  that all batsmen have to bowl few overs and bowlers have to contribute with bat, what else domestic tournaments are there for??

BCCI seems to be going in opposite direction by introducing rules like Impact player. When we have rules like this batsmen will never develop bowling skills

38 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

Great decision going with Prasidh, provides great cover for our three pace bowlers, we already have Ash covering the two spinners.

Kishan there to cover any batsman and or the keeper role.

Thakur sticks out really badly as a poor decision, I guess the thinking was that he was probably cover for Pandya. I would rather have Ash come in for Pandya than Thakur.

Any bowler today that can challenge siraj and shammi as of today  is only Prasidh. I don't think any other bowler can challenge siraj shammi today. Umesh yadav is close too but now he is not at his best.

Kaveraapa is improving fast, avesh is improving, selectors consider Mukesh kumar also good. Some left arm quicks are also good .

We are fond of umran and tyagi too.

8 hours ago, Frustrated said:

Most disappointing thing is Kuldeep's batting which has regressed a lot.  4 yrs ago, he used to be a sort of handy batter at no 8 or 9.  Not any more.  

No he was never handy in LOIs. Could hang around in Tests which he still can.

7 hours ago, express bowling said:

Because, in the absence of Hardik, India has to play 3 specislist quicks and cannot play Shardul. 

We need a backup for the 3 existing specislist quicks.

We already have a backup batter in the form of Kishan. 

Moreover, Axar cannot bat in the top 6 or even at 7 if Jadeja is the 6. And Tilak hasn't played a single ODI and is an unknown entity for this format. 

We already have 3 quicks. What we don't have is a 6th bowler if one of the main ones get injured on the day.

Thakur should be niggled out too.

4 minutes ago, putrevus said:

how? brittle bones has no link to being fit and athletic.

Bo Jackson was supposed to be greatest athlete in America in 1990s but injuries derailed his career.

If you keep getting injured you don't have required fitness. Gym fitness/six pack abs dont equate to match fitness.

Even Sundar isn't fit despite looking fit.

7 minutes ago, Lord said:

If you keep getting injured you don't have required fitness. Gym fitness/six pack abs dont equate to match fitness.

Even Sundar isn't fit despite looking fit.

That is nonsense, genes and body types are not in player's control.

What player can control is their fitness levels.Pandya has done everything to remain fit and athletic.

Pandya is live wire on the field and can field almost anywhere.He is not getting injured because he is doing gym.

I have a feeling that not having a backup bowler will hurt us in the semi or final..It's too risky to go with just 5 bowlers, if one of them is injured at the beginning of the match, the match is gone for good. We should still have a 6th batsman who can bowl a bit and tilak varma should've been replacing Pandya and he should play instead of Surya at 6.

59 minutes ago, putrevus said:

That is nonsense, genes and body types are not in player's control.

What player can control is their fitness levels.Pandya has done everything to remain fit and athletic.

Pandya is live wire on the field and can field almost anywhere.He is not getting injured because he is doing gym.

He's agile and athletic but also brittle. That injury didn't look serious upfront but he's still to recover.

Rohit OTOH hardly gets injured. Even Shami is very fit for a pacer.