Why schedule matches inside the gas chamber aka Delhi?!

shortbread

7 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

Mohali has AQI of around 150, but it was told that stadium is not ready. Now it's hosting AQI. It's purely BJP v opposition politics.

I agree but do you think hosting games in Kolkata, Chennai and Bangalore are a way to monkey balance by BCCI to hide the state politics bias?

3 hours ago, LordPrabhzy said:

I agree but do you think hosting games in Kolkata, Chennai and Bangalore are a way to monkey balance by BCCI to hide the state politics bias?

more about who heads state association then ruling govt in the state

16 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

okay and who heads the state association of TN, Bengal and Karnataka? are they BJP politicians?

There are more opposition ruled states who are getting games this Wc than those which are Bjp ruled so the gripe from those who keep obsessing over Mohali for some strange reason that it is only political doesn't really wash. Delhi, being the capital, like all the other metros would have got games regardless of who was in power. 

12 minutes ago, rollingstoned said:

There are more opposition ruled states who are getting games this Wc than those which are Bjp ruled so the gripe from those who keep obsessing over Mohali for some strange reason that it is only political doesn't really wash. Delhi, being the capital, like all the other metros would have got games regardless of who was in power. 

On the other hands giving games to Dharamshala and Lucknow is also a clear preference to BJP buddies in State associations there.

IMO WC matches should be held in 8 Core stadiums only which should have been modernised to the extent that is required for a ICC tournament. The issue is scheduling and planning fiasco and hosting matches in stadiums which do not have good facilities to attract foreign fans

9 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

On the other hands giving games to Dharamshala and Lucknow is also a clear preference to BJP buddies in State associations there.

IMO WC matches should be held in 8 Core stadiums only which should have been modernised to the extent that is required for a ICC tournament. The issue is scheduling and planning fiasco and hosting matches in stadiums which do not have good facilities to attract foreign fans

Lucknow is a brand new stadium like Motera so in a WC, that too in the most populous state there was no chance it wasn't getting a game. 

Dharamshala was included because it is the only stadium at altitude - highest in the world if I'm not wrong - and is picturesque so has a novelty factor which no other venue In India has at present. Even if you do not agree, you can understand the rationale behind some decisions.

Indore, Ranchi, Nagpur, Vizag, Rajkot are all test venues which also didn't get games. 

1 hour ago, rollingstoned said:

Lucknow is a brand new stadium like Motera so in a WC, that too in the most populous state there was no chance it wasn't getting a game. 

Dharamshala was included because it is the only stadium at altitude - highest in the world if I'm not wrong - and is picturesque so has a novelty factor which no other venue In India has at present. Even if you do not agree, you can understand the rationale behind some decisions.

Indore, Ranchi, Nagpur, Vizag, Rajkot are all test venues which also didn't get games. 

None of these should be test venues anyway.

Dharamshala is one of my fav grounds but the fact the richest board cannot sort out outfields there and places like Wankhede all year round is a joke when ECB can maintain pristine outfields in small stadiums like Rose Bowl and Headingly

39 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

None of these should be test venues anyway.

Dharamshala is one of my fav grounds but the fact the richest board cannot sort out outfields there and places like Wankhede all year round is a joke when ECB can maintain pristine outfields in small stadiums like Rose Bowl and Headingly

What is your grouse with the Wankhede?

2 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

My grouse is with its apathetic outfield quality for a stadium of its position and history within the Indian cricket

I was there for the game against Lanka. The outfield seemed okay.

Is there a specific match that you are referring to?

PS: AQI in Mumbai has been really bad for the last week or so.

3 minutes ago, rangeelaraja said:

My grouse is that not every stand has facilities like the Garware and CCI enclosure.

I have a really dear friend who has passes to this enclosure/boxes,  but am too afraid to request even a single pass, for she has a strong propensity to not share.

The CCI enclosure is top notch. The Garware stand not so much.

But all stadiums have grades for seating. I have been to the Chepauk for an IPL game. They have hospitality boxes and regular seats.

This is not just limited to Wankhede. Come on now!

2 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

The CCI enclosure is top notch. The Garware stand not so much.

But all stadiums have grades for seating. I have been to the Chepauk for an IPL game. They have hospitality boxes and regular seats.

This is not just limited to Wankhede. Come on now!

Dost, mein mazaaq kar raha tha.  Mujhe pata hai, mein aapse kam hi umeed rakhoon toh sukhi rahoonga.

But jokes aside,  I don't like watching in stadium.  Prefer watching in my comfy home theatre with friends and family.