India v New Zealand : 1st Semi Final : Pre-match discussion thread

On 11/10/2023 at 1:34 AM, EnterTheVoid said:

Mixed feelings about us playing NZ in semi-final. They seemed to have advantage over us in the knockouts.

This is as good as an opportunity we will ever get to set things straight.

Where are your loyalties? India or NZ? Just curious. Will you support India wearing All Blacks?

20 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Win toss - Batting first or Chase? Only Maxwell was able to chase here. Rest all have faltered. Hopefully our bowling comes good if we lose the toss. Bat first bat big and big win. No bogey-wogey in India. Mumbai aan do, saalon ko!!!

Go India :icflove: :isalute:

Chasing is very tough. Batting first has 90% advantage

4 minutes ago, Lord said:

Chasing is very tough. Batting first has 90% advantage

Only for 10-15 overs. Also, only our bowlers have moved the ball more under lights. They won't get the menacing swing. Even if they do, we will still win. I just don't see us losing. I just don't. 

1 minute ago, putrevus said:

Did Shami look less than full tilt yesterday.He was steaming in against England and SA.

Shami looked very average to bad yesterday. The pitch was not helping pace and Shami certainly was not helping himself.

It is concerning. He did the same thing in WC 2015 semifinal.

Hopefully he was just not up mentally for yesterday's match.... maybe he was included at last minute etc. Hopefully it is not an injury or illness.

Just now, AKane said:

Shami looked very average to bad yesterday. The pitch was not helping pace and Shami certainly was not helping himself.

It is concerning. He did the same thing in WC 2015 semifinal.

Hopefully he was just not up mentally for yesterday's match.... maybe he was included at last minute etc. Hopefully it is not an injury or illness.

I agree, he looked off in 2022 semis against England also. Bhuvi not being there will help a lot ofcourse.

33 minutes ago, nitinbwj said:

Only for 10-15 overs. Also, only our bowlers have moved the ball more under lights. They won't get the menacing swing. Even if they do, we will still win. I just don't see us losing. I just don't. 

Thats like 30% of the innings. Not just India, Afg,SA did well too.

2 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

I remember Taylor Latham epic chasing a record total here in 2018...  Still the highest successful run chase here in Wankhede. 

If Kiwis had any shot this is the venue. 

If we win this one...  We are lifting the cup no two ways about it. 

This game 

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/new-zealand-in-india-2017-18-1120077/india-vs-new-zealand-1st-odi-1120090/full-scorecard

Thala with a majestic 25 off 42  :hail: