India v New Zealand : 1st Semi Final : Pre-match discussion thread

12 minutes ago, G_B_ said:

I think they have been our bogey team in recent times.

Last WC and ICC test final.

ICC test final isn't bogey.

You can't win against them in those conditions. I think we did rather well tbh. Put it anywhere else in the world and India wins in 3 days.

Biggest farce is WTC happening all the time in England. WTC 25 we'll make the finals again vs some SENA team. Wtf.

Imagine WTC in the 90s with India defeating one of WI, SA or Australia in a final in Asia with Kumble and Raju running riot lol.

Edited by deathmonger
4 minutes ago, Number said:

We haven't won anything in 10 years.

Lost KOs to SL, Aus, WI, Pak, NZ.

So can't say they are our bogey team.

All teams except Pak and NZ somewhat 'deserved' to win their respective Knockout matches. The Pak CT win was fluke of the century.

But NZ case is different. They have beaten us in 2016 T20WC, 2019 WC SF and WTC F. Out of all our recent SENA Test tours, we have performed worst in NZ. They definitely overperform vs us, hence are our bogey team.

43 minutes ago, deathmonger said:

ICC test final isn't bogey.

You can't win against them in those conditions. I think we did rather well tbh. Put it anywhere else in the world and India wins in 3 days.

Biggest farce is WTC happening all the time in England. WTC 25 we'll make the finals again vs some SENA team. Wtf.

Imagine WTC in the 90s with India defeating one of WI, SA or Australia in a final in Asia with Kumble and Raju running riot lol.

So we can win against Anderson and Broad but cannot win against boult and southee? 

4 minutes ago, Serpico said:

So we can win against Anderson and Broad but cannot win against boult and southee? 

boult southee wagner jamieson 2021 are better than anderson broad/robinson woakes/wood 2022 (broad only played one game though). plus also their batting was way better than eng 2022.

remember they had defeated eng in a series prior to the wtc final. also had whitewashed us in 2020.

i think we did quite okay there tbh with parity in the first innings. competing with sena in sena w/o fast bowling allrounders is difficult. we have been doing okay against aus eng sa in 2021-22 but having a good fast bowling allrounder would make us better (shardul who isn't even that good was part of gabba and oval win and also did well in the 2nd SA test). if only pandya wasn't so fragile. raj bawa should be invested in.

this is the reason india is unbeatable at home with 3 spinning allrounders.

Edited by deathmonger
6 minutes ago, deathmonger said:

boult southee wagner jamieson 2021 are better than anderson broad/robinson woakes/wood 2022 (broad only played one game though). plus also their batting was way better than eng 2022.

remember they had defeated eng in a series prior to the wtc final. also had whitewashed us in 2020.

i think we did quite okay there tbh with parity in the first innings. competing with sena in sena w/o fast bowling allrounders is difficult. we have been doing okay against aus eng sa in 2021-22 but having a good fast bowling allrounder would make us better (shardul who isn't even that good was part of gabba and oval win and also did well in the 2nd SA test). if only pandya wasn't so fragile. raj bawa should be invested in.

this is the reason india is unbeatable at home with 3 spinning allrounders.

All of this is ignoring the fact that if they had bat one more session, they could've shared the trophy. Its the batting failure, not a single batsman could cross 50 across both innings 

2 hours ago, AuxiliA said:

All teams except Pak and NZ somewhat 'deserved' to win their respective Knockout matches. The Pak CT win was fluke of the century.

But NZ case is different. They have beaten us in 2016 T20WC, 2019 WC SF and WTC F. Out of all our recent SENA Test tours, we have performed worst in NZ. They definitely overperform vs us, hence are our bogey team.

Overall in general, yes they usually match up well against us. But my reply was to thread title whether they are bogey team in ICC kos. Since we have lost ICC kos against every team, can't say they are the only team we usually fall short against.