India v New Zealand : 1st Semi Final : Pre-match discussion thread

1 minute ago, coffee_rules said:

3 hrs to toss. No MKL to open the match thread? Phate pade hain sabki! 

Coin toss going to be so crucial.

Hitman more often than not, loses these in knock out/finals games. I know its random event and its 50:50 outcome, but we always seem on the wrong end of them.

I am worried if India have to chase a score of 300+

Didnt the fans set the stadium on fire in 1996 when India were chasing and losing?

2 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

In this WC, Ind hv played 1 game at Wankhede.  NZ hv played none.    But our fans are scared as hell:--D

Batting first is a big advantage on this ground. Toss matters big time. and NewZealand kaptaan will choose which side the coin falls... :nervous:

4 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

Coin toss going to be so crucial.

Hitman more often than not, loses these in knock out/finals games. I know its random event and its 50:50 outcome, but we always seem on the wrong end of them.

I am worried if India have to chase a score of 300+

Didnt the fans set the stadium on fire in 1996 when India were chasing and losing?

Same fear bro... same fear... I think Rohit cant do nothing at the toss as WIlliamson will be the one to pick which side the coin will fall.

29 minutes ago, RJman said:

Batting first is a big advantage on this ground. Toss matters big time. and NewZealand kaptaan will choose which side the coin falls... :nervous:

Agree.  But the top team (as per table) should not be relying on toss to win the match against the no.4 side.  Besides, winning the toss is not in our hands.  

This is the twice-used pitch #6 .  This strip heavily favours side batting first.  The other strip pitch #8 is where BD managed 233 while chasing and Australia chased 292.

Toss is still important because the scores have been  399 and 170 in the first match and 357 and 55 .   The disparity is much bigger than the other pitch.

2 hours ago, SRT100 said:

I saw this in one of the Australian newspapers today and started laughing.:hysterical:

I hope my relatives in Mumbai have bombed the pitch overnight. :dance:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/cricket/article-12749525/Cricket-World-Cup-STORM-India-accused-stitch-pitch-semi-final-against-New-Zealand-Mumbai.html

This is a Whatsapp Forward :facepalm:

Tabloids getting those Rage Clicks and making money now.

21 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

Agree.  But the top team (as per table) should not be relying on toss to win the match against the no.4 side.  Besides, winning the toss is not in our hands.  

TopTeam isnt relying on toss, I (the nervous fan) want us to win the toss :nervous: