How will this WC shape up legacy of Rahul Dravid?

On 11/14/2023 at 1:33 AM, BacktoCricaddict said:

I want to eat crow biriyani served by Rahul Dravid.

I have been one of the critics who has "opined" (gawd I hate that word) that he can be a mentor to young, upcoming cricketers who will defer to him, but would not be someone who can hold established superstars accountable. And up until the Asia Cup, it seemed to be the case.

But, no one - I repeat no one - will be happier than me if this opinion of mine turned out to be utterly and totally incorrect 6 days from now.

Rohit and Dravid seemed to have created a happy, positive minded dressing room atmosphere. A couple of matches ago even KL Rahul was smiling on the field. That's no small achievement!

36 minutes ago, diga said:

Dravid's contract runs out this month...

Who will be Dravid's water boy to help extend the contract? SMG for sure and Kumble too.... He may need more water boys. Kirmani will be there... 

Edited by AKane

He did as well as he could with the talent and selection and the flaws in the domestic structure.  I hope they don't rip up the book and start afresh now. 

Got to build on making this team a bit more dynamic - a couple of left handers in that lineup, batters who can bowl and thereby give batting depth,  more variety in the attack(left arm seamer, tall hit the deck bowler)

Somebody has to evaluate domestic white ball cricket and see where the issues lie in terms of producing more X factor cricketers . That's beyond the scope of a national coach.

8 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

He did as well as he could with the talent and selection and the flaws in the domestic structure.  I hope they don't rip up the book and start afresh now. 

Got to build on making this team a bit more dynamic - a couple of left handers in that lineup, batters who can bowl and thereby give batting depth,  more variety in the attack(left arm seamer, tall hit the deck bowler)

Somebody has to evaluate domestic white ball cricket and see where the issues lie in terms of producing more X factor cricketers . That's beyond the scope of a national coach.

Whats going to be your future playing XI based on the above suggestions?

His challenges when he started were rift between Kohli-Rohit and dressing room atmosphere. On that front he seemed to have done well.

Injuries to Pant and others messed many campaigns. And Hardik's injury proved to be too important. We had backups for everyone except him. That's more on resources than tactics.

Should be sacked just on moral grounds but won't be. If we win Test series in SA, he might get positive reviews.

8 minutes ago, Downtown said:

Whats going to be your future playing XI based on the above suggestions?

Not sure about the XI but it should start with retirement of Rohit, Kohli, Jadeja and Shami.

The Top 5 at the next World t20 have to be something like

Gill/Prabhsimran

Jaiswal

Sai

SKY

Tilak

Or something similar. The likes of Rohit and Kohli should not be played henceforth and also KL should not make the T20 side.

This side has to play as much as possible in the T20 setup at least. Gill can take off to regain muscle mass after dengue but he should come back in as soon as possible.

5 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Not sure about the XI but it should start with retirement of Rohit, Kohli, Jadeja and Shami.

The Top 5 at the next World t20 have to be something like

Gill/Prabhsimran

Jaiswal

Sai

SKY

Tilak

Or something similar. The likes of Rohit and Kohli should not be played henceforth and also KL should not make the T20 side.

This side has to play as much as possible in the T20 setup at least. Gill can take off to regain muscle mass after dengue but he should come back in as soon as possible.

SKY is a failure, should be no way near any white ball cricket.

Just now, Nikhil_cric said:

You can't play all rookies in a World T20. You need somebody with some experience. Also he's a failure in ODI's . Cant drop him from T20's because he failed in another format.

He choked in finals, he is a choker, everyone can see this. He is finished as a cricketer.

If you play all those kids for every T20 bilateral series between now and the next wc, thats plenty of experience.

Youre forgetting all these kids have played and played successfully for India in WC at junior level.

1 minute ago, SRT100 said:

He choked in finals, he is a choker, everyone can see this. He is finished as a cricketer.

If you play all those kids for every T20 bilateral series between now and the next wc, thats plenty of experience.

Youre forgetting all these kids have played and played successfully for India in WC at junior level.

Next World T20 is in July. 

5 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Next World T20 is in July. 

Good another WC tournament I can see India again come up just short in.

They wont change a thing. Hitman, Kohli, KL they will all play. This will be there redemption arc, but they will ultimately fail again.

23 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Gill/Prabhsimran

Jaiswal

Sai

SKY

Tilak

In reality it will be

Rohit

Gill

Kohli

Shreyas 

KL

Maybe even Rahane might sneak in as well in place of Shreyas courtesy of endorsement by Shri MSD.