Australia! The 2023 World Cup Champions!!

MechEng

1 hour ago, rangeelaraja said:

That is BS. 

India in 2015 was stronger than Aus  - it was the same core that beat Aus 2011.

Lol Australia that time was way ahead. If any of our icc event losses i don't feel sad about then it's that cause better team won. Similarly we are much ahead this time. It's all about time, form, conditions. I think NZ was tougher challenge batting wise. If they would have batted first they could have gone really close in semis. 

Yeh chal kya raha hai is thread main. :wall:

Looks like it's not the team but you guys who are the biggest chokers. BC opening an Aussie cunts victory thread when they are happily abusing and banning each and every non Aussie in their bigfooty forum. They barely scrapped through. When was the last time they beat us in  KO at home and this is their SHITTIEST team ever. Final main kya unki * se ball niklegi jo beast ho jayenge... Kuch bhi.. 

Band karo randi rona bc... In Aussies ko ***** denge. 

Just now, nitinbwj said:

Yeh chal kya raha hai is thread main. :wall:

Looks like it's not the team but you guys who are the biggest chokers. BC opening an Aussie cunts victory thread when they are happily abusing and banning each and every non Aussie in their bigfooty forum. They barely scrapped through. When was the last time they beat us in  KO at home and this is their SHITTIEST team ever. Final main kya unki * se ball niklegi jo beast ho jayenge... Kuch bhi.. 

Band karo randi rona bc... In Aussies ko ***** denge. 

Bigfooty is another sh!t forum just like PeePee.  They trash talk against Ind a lot most of the time.   There are a few posters who even keep saying "Bumrah is a chucker" everytime he picks up a wicket.    This is why a win will not be enough for me.  I want a thrashing of epic proportion this Sunday.  

25 minutes ago, deathmonger said:

Pakistanis themselves were being smashed by Kiwis I believe lol. I always knew we would win that. Their bowling had taken a major quality drop post Ajmal ban as well.

SA win was the real good win. SA were a very good team that WC.

NZ were also good and would have prolly won if the final was in NZ.

That had defeated us a year before in Asia Cup...  So there was some optimism.  Never seen such level of confidence even in 2019 & 2023.

India were all over the place..  We lost 4-0 in NZ too A year before..

India were severely in bad shape after 2013 CT win... 

Series loss in SA the DeKock series...  Asia Cup disaster...  NZ tour & then Aus tour...  Binny Saab saved from humiliation in Bangladesh. 

2013 Dec  till 2015 WC opener in Adelaide were on a awful run.  That WC actually gave us confidence to compete outside Asia. 

24 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

That had defeated us a year before in Asia Cup...  So there was some optimism.  Never seen such level of confidence even in 2019 & 2023.

Series loss in SA the DeKock series...  Asia Cup disaster...  NZ tour & then Aus tour...  Binny Saab saved from humiliation in Bangladesh. 

2013 Dec  till 2015 WC opener in Adelaide were on a awful run.  That WC actually gave us confidence to compete outside Asia. 

Then came the Australia odi and t20 series of 2016 jan. 5 new players were tried.. barinder sran, gurkeerat mann and rishi dhawan in odis and two thin lanky players in t20 internationals.. their names were..hardik pandya and jaspreet bumrah …and rest as we say is history..

2 hours ago, neel roy said:

Then came the Australia odi and t20 series of 2016 jan. 5 new players were tried.. barinder sran, gurkeerat mann and rishi dhawan in odis and two thin lanky players in t20 internationals.. their names were..hardik pandya and jaspreet bumrah …and rest as we say is history..

2016 - Pandya, Bumrah

2017 - Chahal, Kuldeep

Post that we have won an ODI series in each of SENA

SA - 2018

Eng - 2022

NZ - 2019

Aus - 2019

3 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Yeah but Pak were also stinking it up that entire year plus Ajmal was banned.

India were still decent at home in 2013. After CT I remember the tri series win with Dhoni and then the runsfest series against Aus. Away series were horrible.

Bumrah, Pandya, Kuldeep, Chahal changed our overseas ODI fate.

Now that I think of it, in that 2011-15 cycle between the two wcs 2013 was the only good year.

2011 - twin whitewashes

2012 - eng home loss, lose to pak at home

2014 - overseas series losses

2013 - aus 4-0, won eng series in beginning of year with rohit opening, tri series in wi, runfest aus odi series, srt retirement series

things began looking up post 2015 wc with the test team coming up

2 hours ago, deathmonger said:

Now that I think of it, in that 2011-15 cycle between the two wcs 2013 was the only good year.

2011 - twin whitewashes

2012 - eng home loss, lose to pak at home

2014 - overseas series losses

2013 - aus 4-0, won eng series in beginning of year with rohit opening, tri series in wi, runfest aus odi series, srt retirement series

things began looking up post 2015 wc with the test team coming up

Our ODI bowling in those years was worst in the world. We were whitewashed in SA and NZ in ODI bilaterals. Even Bangladesh almost whitewashed us in their home just after 2015 WC.

13 hours ago, Majestic said:

Today SA won the toss and yesterday India won the toss.

This means in finals, Aus will win the toss.

SA dropped 4-5 chances & Oz took every catch possible, so we'll be more lucky in the finals? Dropped catches/missed chances >>> toss any day of the week!

I cant do anything about it but I feel bad that so much discussion is happening in a thread about Australia being WC champions when -

1. This is an Indian Cricket Forum

2. The match has not happened and final is 2 days away

3. Indian team has played the best cricket in a while. They won Asia cup and have won every match in this world cup.

Feels so disrespectful to our cricketers and other fans. Even if Australia was the better side right now (which they are not) and why pre guess, pre congratulate, pre everything before a final is played. Getting to final is not easy in any long tournament. On the day both teams can win. 

This thread disgusts me as the culmination of all kinds of premature predictions, fears, abuse that routinely happens in ICF which ends up being non sense. Yes India has lost important games in the past, had their collapse but which team has not. I understand fans have fear but ICF takes things to extreme more often than not. This is sports. Teams win and teams lose. How about being sporty and enjoying the game ?

An India team that wins so much more often than it loses is a dream come true for me. So happy to see India as No.1 across formats. Have been a loving cricket fan for over 3 decades now and never seen and felt such behavior from fans traveling across India and North America.  I wonder how some people manage their own tasks and hardships in life when they fear so much and are ready to jump to conclusions so fast without patience. 

Anyways. end of my tiny Rant. Got to filter out some noise to properly enjoy this forum.

13 hours ago, deathmonger said:

Lol at the fear.

The Aussie teams which defeated Ind in 2003 and 2015 were the favourites and were way stronger than India and won the cup.

2011 they were weaker and we won, in Ahmadabad itself.

This same Aussie team was smashed in the 2019 semi.

Patterns are patterns, nothing more. Their dominance was due to the 99-07 team. 15 they were a good team in home conditions.

Negative attitude of some of our fellow Indian fans before the final is surprising, If their are 2 Teams which has a rivalry it is India & Australia, If any team which is toughest for India it would be Australia, If any team which is toughest for Australia it would be India, match will be tougher for both the teams, and also don't forget India is the team that has played great cricket.

My prediction:

Australia 316/7 (Steve Smith scoring 124)

Jadeja: 2/36

Bumrah: 5/44

Shami: 0/79

India 274 all out (KL Rahul making 89)

Cummins: 4/39

Hazlewood: 3/45

Starc: 1/48

Zampa: 2/52

Man of the match: Steve Smith

Man of the tournament: Shami or the highest run getter from India.