Proud of team India

Mariyam

20 minutes ago, rish said:

There were always question marks on the inadequate batting lineup which is why we had allrounders when we first started.

Shami hitting a purple patch just hid those flaws big time.

There is nothing TM could have done differently except maybe bringing in Ashwin for Siraj.Even then, I doubt the result could have been different.

Indian team did the same thing that won them 10 games in a row.Today, that approach didnt work.

However, there no slips for the spinners and Jadeja was darting the ball rather than hunting for wickets. The slow turn didnt help either.

Its all 20-20 in hindsight.

I agree with most of your assessment.

What I don't follow: How did Shami hitting a purple patch hide our batting flaws? We batted well through out, barring the final and the game against England.

Edited by Mariyam
1 minute ago, The Hound said:

Mad that 2 ATG World Cup campaigns of Virat & Shami got wasted. 

That's what happens when you have stats obsessed players. Should have seen the reaction of Kohli after getting a century in the previous match. I was like Jesus Christ. Hadd hogayi...the 50th 100 is so important to him. Bencho. Shami ka pata nahi. He got action throughout tournament, but probably didn't get last night for this match. 

For perspective :

1. 2014 T20 WC Final - LOST
  2. 2015 WC SF - LOST
  3. 2016 T20 WC SF - LOST
  4. 2017 CT Final - LOST
  5. 2019 WC SF - LOST
  6. 2021 WTC Final - LOST
  7. 2021 T20 WC Group Stage - LOST
  8. 2022 T20 WC SF - LOST
  9. 2023 WTC Final - LOST
  10. 2023 WC Final - LOST

Bottom line : We have not improved in 10 years. Even in the worst case we should have won 5 trophies above.

Does BCCI have any accountability ?

1)  There are only 5 or 6 strong teams in cricket.  Coming 2nd is not a good result.

2)  It was known all along that to win the WC, we have to win in the SF and Final. Winning every league stage match stellarly was never the objective. The league games wins were just to reach the SF.

3)  We having been losing in the SF and Finals of big tournaments for the last 10 years. In many of these, we have been really good in league stages. 

Our cricket team, TM and us fans knew and know all of the above. 

This tournament only proves that we are losing despite having a very strong team. 

There is nothing to be happy about or be proud of.  If we are happy with this tournament's result then we will keep losing such tournaments in the future.

Edited by express bowling
Just now, rangeelaraja said:

For perspective :

1. 2014 T20 WC Final - LOST
  2. 2015 WC SF - LOST
  3. 2016 T20 WC SF - LOST
  4. 2017 CT Final - LOST
  5. 2019 WC SF - LOST
  6. 2021 WTC Final - LOST
  7. 2021 T20 WC Group Stage - LOST
  8. 2022 T20 WC SF - LOST
  9. 2023 WTC Final - LOST
  10. 2023 WC Final - LOST

Bottom line : We have not improved in 10 years. Even in the worst case we should have won 5 trophies above.

Does BCCI have any accountability ?

That is exactly i have been pointing out and ponting rightly pointed, how are we exactly proud is beyond me,if after so much money so much infrastructure ur result is zilch in past 9 yrs u should be held accountable nobody care if u come second no freaking one 

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

1)  There are only 5 or 6 strong teams in cricket.  Coming 2nd is not a good result.

2)  It was known all along that to win the WC, we have to win in the SF and Final. Winning every league stage match stellarly was never the objective. The league games were just to reach the SF.

3)  We having been losing in the SF and Finals of big tournaments for the last 10 years. In many if these, we have been really good in league stages. 

This tournament only proves that we are losing despite having a very strong team. 

There is nothing to be happy about or be proud of.  If we are happy with this tournament's results then we will keep losing such tournaments in the future.

Exactly 

Just now, Prabhdeep Singh said:

Is the glass half full or half empty:

Since last ICC Trophy win:

5 times Runner Up (14,17,21,23,23)

4 times Semi Finalist (15,16,19,22)

High level of consistency in all formats but falling at the final hurdle.

Eventually the luck will turn.

Aise kaise 

5 minutes ago, express bowling said:

2)  It was known all along that to win the WC, we have to win in the SF and Final. Winning every league stage match stellarly was never the objective. The league games were just to reach the SF.

3)  We having been losing in the SF and Finals of big tournaments for the last 10 years. In many if these, we have been really good in league stages. 

There is nothing to be happy about or be proud of.  If we are happy with this tournament's results then we will keep losing such tournaments in the future.

One can afford to have a few loose games and get into top 4 ( semis ).

From there on ...its 2 good games and you are a champion team. It could be 2 star players having freak games and thats it.

While we are at considerable fault - the world champion team is not necessarily the best team given one-off nature of these games and how conditions batting first or bowling first may make that one off game a lottery. Given this - i always felt a best of 3 would be a good solution to take the conditions lottery / luck out of the equation to a large extent.

Edited by rangeelaraja

I just wish india goes bang bang in wt20 now. Go with a young team. Just go gung ho. No expectations nothing. If we lose its fine but I want us to play an attacking brand of cricket. Bumrah arshdeep will be good in windies in depth. Kuldeep will be our spinner. Jadeja not sure but i think he will be stuck with. We need tilak varma and jaiswal definitely. 

5 minutes ago, rangeelaraja said:

One can afford to have a few loose games and get into top 4 ( semis ).

From there on ...its 2 good games and you are a champion team. It could be 2 star players having freak games and thats it.

While we are at considerable fault - the world champion team is not necessarily the best team given one-off nature of these games and how conditions batting first or bowling first may make that one off game a lottery. Given this - i always felt a best of 3 would be a good solution to take the conditions lottery / luck out of the equation to a large extent.

Agree with everything.

Best of 3 finals is a good idea and we should push for it in ICC meetings.

But till it happens, we should look to win SFs and Finals.