2024-2027 LOI team under Hardik Pandya

zen

1 hour ago, maniac said:

Mukesh is a no-no but let’s give some leeway to Arshdeep. A left arm pacers, has swing and seam skills and go up to 135+ and a very young guy. Has the right attitude and fitness ethic. You will not get a ready made 150k left arm pacer. In fact his appearance screams trundler but he has talent.

what I amnot liking about Arshdeep..he is missing so many yorkers..did he stop working hard?

The problem with our cricket in the last 7-8 years is that inspite of having the best team in the world, we are not able to win.'

It is not the players. we have the best players in the world.

CAPTAINCY is what has let us dowon. Sure Rohit is better than Kohli, but he is no MSD.

the really frustrating part is when India had arguably the best cricket team ever from 2016 - Present, we did not have great captains,

We had two legends DADA and MSD back to back and then followed by Kohli and Rohit.

DADA and MORE SO MSD took a good team to great heights. Kohli and Rohit had the best teams at their disposal but did not produce results.

Time to focus and pick our next leader. if that is PANDYA , so be it. he does not have be a great player but if he knows how to win the big games, good enough.

I dont see anyone else except PANDYA for white ball captaincy

Edited by Reddysaab
17 hours ago, express bowling said:

He did not do well.

He simply is not a T20 bowler: ER of 10.5 in 10 IPL matches (7 wickets)... 37 wickets in 42 T20 matches. Terrible record.

Mohsin had a good SMAT and good IPLs in the past. Kaverappa has good domestic T20 record. Both of those instead if Avesh and MUkesh would have been a good squad for me.

I would even had liked a look at Sheth, good recent SMAT better T20 record than Mukesh and can bat, though him and Kaverappa have little to no IPL experience. A good IPL has to be a prerequisite to play for India in T20Is

9 hours ago, Reddysaab said:

The problem with our cricket in the last 7-8 years is that inspite of having the best team in the world, we are not able to win.'

It is not the players. we have the best players in the world.

CAPTAINCY is what has let us dowon. Sure Rohit is better than Kohli, but he is no MSD.

the really frustrating part is when India had arguably the best cricket team ever from 2016 - Present, we did not have great captains,

We had two legends DADA and MSD back to back and then followed by Kohli and Rohit.

DADA and MORE SO MSD took a good team to great heights. Kohli and Rohit had the best teams at their disposal but did not produce results.

Time to focus and pick our next leader. if that is PANDYA , so be it. he does not have be a great player but if he knows how to win the big games, good enough.

I dont see anyone else except PANDYA for white ball captaincy

Nice post! 

My Pandya XI for 24 - 27

Virat kohli

Rohit Sahrma

Rinku singh

Abishek Sharma

Surya Yadav

Hardik Pandya

Ravindra Jadeja

Manav Suthar

Harshit Rana

Rajvardhan Hangargekar

Arshdeep Singh

Re.:

Krunal Pandya

Isahnt sharma

mhd shami

mhd siraj

:p:

22 hours ago, Need4Speed said:

what I amnot liking about Arshdeep..he is missing so many yorkers..did he stop working hard?

I would like him to try and bowl yorker even with the new ball. General advice to bowlers is to use the new ball to pitch it up and use the seam. He can do that for 5 deliveries but should look to suprise the batsman by bowling one fuller ball, yorker in particular like how Starc would. Back your self to do it. Have a conservative field in the first or 2nd over down leg if you think it might go for low full toss but one must try. Don’t worry about getting hit for boundary. It will make him a more intimidating bowler than what he is now.

7 hours ago, Cricketics said:

I would like him to try and bowl yorker even with the new ball. General advice to bowlers is to use the new ball to pitch it up and use the seam. He can do that for 5 deliveries but should look to suprise the batsman by bowling one fuller ball, yorker in particular like how Starc would. Back your self to do it. Have a conservative field in the first or 2nd over down leg if you think it might go for low full toss but one must try. Don’t worry about getting hit for boundary. It will make him a more intimidating bowler than what he is now.

Yorkers at 130kph aren't going to surprise anyone, on top of that yorkers with the new ball is difficult to execute as it will travel longer in the air and he may end up spraying the ball. He has to be exceptionally good to control the movement of the new ball on yorker deliveries.

Arshdeep need to develop wobbly seam up deliveries which will move after pitching thereby giving less time for batters to adjust. Currently his floaty deliveries aren't penetrative enough and it was visible in the SMAT.

1 hour ago, singhvivek141 said:

Yorkers at 130kph aren't going to surprise anyone, on top of that yorkers with the new ball is difficult to execute as it will travel longer in the air and he may end up spraying the ball. He has to be exceptionally good to control the movement of the new ball on yorker deliveries.

Arshdeep need to develop wobbly seam up deliveries which will move after pitching thereby giving less time for batters to adjust. Currently his floaty deliveries aren't penetrative enough and it was visible in the SMAT.

Since Arshdeep isn’t express pace, easiest I find at times to bowl yorkers is using cross seam. I recently was bowling at 75-78 mph, basically a trundler level pace for international game but a really good pace for club level cricket, and at times struggled with bowling yorkers with the new ball. Holding the ball cross seam helped me and I know it does alot of people too. Arshdeep’s pace does fluctuate so it can be good option for him. Since he anyways is going to be playing more LOI cricket for India, mainly t20 for India, he should work on it, along with the slow ball. Hopefully Bumrah can help him a bit there with the slow one, since Bumrah has a brilliant slow ball now, an off cutter especially which will suit him better than trying a regulation slow ball at his slower pace. 

Edited by Cricketics