Sundar

Axar

Dube :facepalm:

Bishnoi

Prasidh

Avesh :facepalm::wall:

Arshdeep :facepalm:

Mukesh :facepalm::wall:

https://m.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/128569/suryakumar-yadav-named-captain-for-australia-t20is

@rollingstoned, @vvvslaxman

@express bowling, @Suhaan, @Mosher

Time to g ive this series a miss. Some decent batsmen but Sky as captain and those bowlers is just :facepalm:

I thought this was a joke...

This is the same thing they did with Rahul after he bottled it in WT20 by making him captain.

BCCI and their seniority culture never amazes me.

Same chaprasi nonsense. 

It signals to SKY that he did not completely kill the momentum of the world cup.

And he will do it again and again.

Why make SKY captain just because of seniority? If he is to be in the team make Gaikwad captain.

I just hope Rinku Singh does well in every series including IPL from here on and is given proper run. Siince he shows intent from ball one, he could fail at times, I hope fans are easy on him and selectors and hopefully he is backed because you need such players to be backed. 

Hopefully he can do a Yuvi or Raina for us in the next wc.

Rinku gives me that kind of feeling he will do

something big in Indian cricket. 

Edited by Cricketics
46 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

Hope Rinku and Jitesh get to play every game. Disappointed Kuldip Sen and Harshit Rana were not selected. Don't have any faith in Avesh, Mukesh, Prasidh and Axar.

I m banking on harshit rana to get more batting at least in ipl. He had the physicality of an allrounder. He needs to get more opportunities. About the pace attack end of day in west indies we will anyways play with arshdeep bumrah pandya kuldeep. Not sure who will be the other pacer though.. siraj do not inspire confidence. So all these selections like mukesh and avesh are bogus. The only 2 players who will be picked will be jaiswal and rinku. Jitesh sharma has an outside chance of pant doesn’t recover but news is pant will play ipl. As per news kohli rohit to stay. 

2 minutes ago, neel roy said:

I m banking on harshit rana to get more batting at least in ipl. He had the physicality of an allrounder. He needs to get more opportunities. About the pace attack end of day in west indies we will anyways play with arshdeep bumrah pandya kuldeep. Not sure who will be the other pacer though.. siraj do not inspire confidence. So all these selections like mukesh and avesh are bogus. The only 2 players who will be picked will be jaiswal and rinku. Jitesh sharma has an outside chance of pant doesn’t recover but news is pant will play ipl. As per news kohli rohit to stay. 

Siraj is useless in T20s. He can't handle pressure and looks clueless when he gets attacked. There's a reason his economy rate was 10+ last IPL IIRC. Siraj should be played only in Tests as he hasn't shown anything other than beat up on a poor SL team. Avesh is as useless as they come and I've no idea how he's selected. Do selectors even watch the games? Axar is useless as well as his bowling is even worse than Jadeja's and we all saw his batting in 2022 T20 WC. I hope Jitesh and Rinku get an extended run. I like Jitesh's intent - he's the only lower order Indian batsman I saw who could hit 6s right from ball 1. He's the sort of player who'll give you a 12 ball 28 and reminds me of a right handed Raina.

In the near future Jaiswal, Gill/Ruturaj, Tilak Varma, Rinku Singh should be our batting core supported by Pandya, Riyan Parag, Sai Sudarshan, Jitesh (or any other hard hitting wkt keeper). Not sold on Samson at all - he's way too inconsistent. Also, he can't bat lower down the order and is too iconsistent to bat at the top.

3 minutes ago, rollingstoned said:

Sky getting captaincy means he is now part of the 'inner coterie' so to speak and has arrived. You can see it in some of the sponsorships he is getting. 

Best Hair Volumizing Powder | UrbanGabru – UrbanGabru | A GlobalBees Brand

He was picked for a wrong format. We should blame selectors not him. The other choices we had were ishan ( in team) sanju samson jaiswal tilak verma. But other than ishan no one has consistently played odis. Hence sky was the one. Secondly purely as a t20 batsman he has been pretty good. When everyone was floundering against pace against saf in perth he stood tall. One thing we should always appreciate is he has the intent. He tries to take the initiative irrespective of the situation. Dont judge him by the last innings he played on a hell hole of a pitch. He batted only 5 times in this wc. Take him out and our t20 team looks crap. He will at least win you 2/5 matches on his own. 

6 minutes ago, rollingstoned said:

Sky getting captaincy means he is now part of the 'inner coterie' so to speak and has arrived. You can see it in some of the sponsorships he is getting. 

Best Hair Volumizing Powder | UrbanGabru – UrbanGabru | A GlobalBees Brand

He "arrived" when he made it to the Test team for crying out loud ahead of likes of Sarfaraz Khan. A guy scoring 1000+ runs and averaging approx. 100 over the last 3 years in Ranji trophy was not selected because of this useless hack.

1 minute ago, Ultimate_Game said:

He "arrived" when he made it to the Test team for crying out loud ahead of likes of Sarfaraz Khan. A guy scoring 1000+ runs and averaging approx. 100 over the last 3 years in Ranji trophy was not selected because of this useless hack.

Blame selectors not him. He is still our best t20 player. Sarfaraz should have been picked 2 yrs ago. We often conflate formats and that has led to this situation.

1 minute ago, neel roy said:

He was picked for a wrong format. We should blame selectors not him. The other choices we had were ishan ( in team) sanju samson jaiswal tilak verma. But other than ishan no one has consistently played odis. Hence sky was the one. Secondly purely as a t20 batsman he has been pretty good. When everyone was floundering against pace against saf in perth he stood tall. One thing we should always appreciate is he has the intent. He tries to take the initiative irrespective of the situation. Dont judge him by the last innings he played on a hell hole of a pitch. He batted only 5 times in this wc. Take him out and our t20 team looks crap. He will at least win you 2/5 matches on his own. 

You really rate this fool SKY above Sanju Samson, Jaiswal, Kishan or even Tilak?

The three others opened batting and have ODI stats better than this fool.

He was never sent up the order where we could see his weaknesses. The idiot Rohit never tested his golden boy SKY even against Netherlands.

The one time he had 15 overs to play he was worse than Kuldeep Yadav in batting. Kuldeep and Siraj scored faster than him.

I don't even know what to say you live in a different planet

Just now, BlueBlood said:

You really rate this fool SKY above Sanju Samson, Jaiswal, Kishan or even Tilak?

He was never sent up the order where we could see his weaknesses. The idiot Rohit never tested his golden boy SKY even against Netherlands.

The one time he had 15 overs to play he was worse than Kuldeep Yadav in batting. Kuldeep and Siraj scored faster than him.

Samson has got enough chances and other than a fighting 80 against saf je has nothing to show. Jaiswal and tilak has zero odi experience so unless one plays a min no of odis he cant be selected. The last one is kishan. Kishan could have been picked instead of sky but due to his hack mentality tm went for safer option  in sky. Simple 

2 minutes ago, BlueBlood said:

SKY is our best T20 player. He should never be selected in ODI's again.

2 minutes ago, BlueBee said:

Not sure why Riyan Parag wasn’t selected. Seems like IPL performance is the criteria for National Selection and not domestic.

Yes because in Smat you play against rex singh, dharmendra singh jadeja and in ipl you definitely face rabada cummins bumrah at certain stages 

1 minute ago, nitinbwj said:

SKY is our best T20 player. He should never be selected in ODI's again.

There were only 15 overs left.

They even sent Jadeja above him so he can play his T20 game.

The fool just got exposed with world class bowling and big ground.

Same would happen in Australia or SA or England conditions.

He will only thrive in IPL or NZ kids grounds on one side.

Australia countered his every shot and he was clueless. Just like KL Rahul he will drown the country in a knockout game again.

And fans like you will see "at least SKY tried for a 6 first ball and showed aggression"

The best T20 player and finisher in the country is Rinku Singh