The sure shot predictions thread.

rangeelaraja

Lets utilize this thread this thread to make sure shot predictions about what may happen in the future - - subject can be anything under the sun.

I will start off by saying :

BJP will get lower seat count in 2024 LS elections compared to 2019 - and will need regional allies to form coalition govt - NDA will still form the govt.

2 more predictions I am certain of :

I predict  Xi's actions against Taiwan at some point during his presidency - will trigger WW3.

Very very sadly I predict within the next 20 years we will face more Kashmir like insurgencies in states with high proseletyzation  into  peacefuls ( Kerala - PFI )  & ( Bengal - Ronhingyas and Bangladeshi's ).  These insurgencies will be abetted financially abetted by West who don't want India to be "another China".

On 12/1/2023 at 1:17 AM, Gollum said:

Won't win an ICC event for next 10 years. Easiest one to make. 

There's an interesting interview of Aaron Finch with The Grade Cricketer .

He explains how their research kept telling them that playing the 5th bowler was useless because wickets in the PP was what mattered most .

And that's why they didn't play Agar in the 2021 World T20.

The extra batting depth allowed them to beat Pakistan in the semis .

It's the same reason they went batting heavy in 2023.

He also said that Pat Cummins was a very relaxed process driven captain who simply believes in meticulous planning and execution . McDonald is the same.

They had studied pitches in great detail and worked out how they behave. Red soil vs black soil etc. 

India tried to bluff them because the Aussies had a reputation of batting first in knockouts so they created a chasing pitch .

But Cummins called the bluff and the rest is history. 

If India needs to get better, we have to learn from their approach. 

Strip out the noise and focus on the essentials. 

We neither picked an ideal squad nor did we double down on the process that got us success in the group stages  while looking for results and lost our discipline. 

As far as predictions go,

1. Climate change is going to wreck food production and supply chains across the world with 3rd World countries like India facing the brunt of it by 2035.

2.  Neoliberal capitalism will fail , if it already hasn't , with increasing levels of poverty in the developing world and greater inequalities causing massive social unrest and extreme polarisation .

Along with jobless growth, governments like India will struggle to portray a conservative face to the public while trying to reorganise production to boost domestic consumption and for social goods instead of exports.

The global economic system will show greater signs of failure with the First World also being significantly affected with losses in standards of living and hitherto unseen inflation .

The global elite will abandon all pretence of giving a damn and quietly withdraw to their well sto cked bunkers in remote parts of the world  leaving the rest of the world to fend for themselves in a massively degraded environment and political chaos that will become ubiquitous by 2041. 

Edited by Nikhil_cric

On 1/12/2024 at 4:05 AM, Nikhil_cric said:

He explains how their research kept telling them that playing the 5th bowler was useless because wickets in the PP was what mattered most .

which format ? t20 or white ball in general

On 1/11/2024 at 5:45 PM, Nikhil_cric said:

As far as predictions go,

1. Climate change is going to wreck food production and supply chains across the world with 3rd World countries like India facing the brunt of it by 2035.

2.  Neoliberal capitalism will fail , if it already hasn't , with increasing levels of poverty in the developing world and greater inequalities causing massive social unrest and extreme polarisation .

Along with jobless growth, governments like India will struggle to portray a conservative face to the public while trying to reorganise production to boost domestic consumption and for social goods instead of exports.

The global economic system will show greater signs of failure with the First World also being significantly affected with losses in standards of living and hitherto unseen inflation .

The global elite will abandon all pretence of giving a damn and quietly withdraw to their well sto cked bunkers in remote parts of the world  leaving the rest of the world to fend for themselves in a massively degraded environment and political chaos that will become ubiquitous by 2041. 

You fail to understand one important thing:

Innovations in AI are by itself deflationary. 

Climate change is a definite issue but if you see India and China never sign a single treaty or ask exemptions stating they are poor nations.

India has the most polluted cities in the world. Which means another COVID type virus that attacks lungs will be devastating in polluted cities like Delhi where already peoples lungs are weakened.

I really don't see USA having people going to bunkers as due to great lakes and rivers, there's no lack of fresh drinking water. Maybe Arizona and Nevada but that will just make people move to a different state.

The real losers of climate change are Highly populated countries like India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Indonesia etc.

China has already moved towards electrification and take pollution a lot more seriously over the past 10 years.

I fear the real issue will be where due to climate change there will be silent but steady mass migration that could make it almost impossible to sustain for countries like the US with their existing systems unable to handle such influx of people.

In India, it will be the opposite where politicians will keep talking about pride, patriotism when people are going to start fending for themselves.

3 hours ago, BlueBlood said:

You fail to understand one important thing:

Innovations in AI are by itself deflationary. 

Climate change is a definite issue but if you see India and China never sign a single treaty or ask exemptions stating they are poor nations.

India has the most polluted cities in the world. Which means another COVID type virus that attacks lungs will be devastating in polluted cities like Delhi where already peoples lungs are weakened.

I really don't see USA having people going to bunkers as due to great lakes and rivers, there's no lack of fresh drinking water. Maybe Arizona and Nevada but that will just make people move to a different state.

The real losers of climate change are Highly populated countries like India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Indonesia etc.

China has already moved towards electrification and take pollution a lot more seriously over the past 10 years.

I fear the real issue will be where due to climate change there will be silent but steady mass migration that could make it almost impossible to sustain for countries like the US with their existing systems unable to handle such influx of people.

In India, it will be the opposite where politicians will keep talking about pride, patriotism when people are going to start fending for themselves.

I don't think AI's primary effect is going to be deflationary when it comes to food, housing and other basic necessities .  

It can reduce the costs for other services maybe .

And it may have an indirect impact on housing etc. with expansion of decentralised finance and related tech. 

But I think the impact of that is yet to be studied comprehensively. 

Or maybe you can point me to some academic  literature that says otherwise and that I'm not aware of?

Agree that in India, we will be still praising and trying to connect to a mythical past to placate the masses while fundamentally ignoring the issues of the future and I don't see that changing but I'm not sure America will be doing great. 

They'll be better off than us but I don't think any society is going to unaffected by that. 

Also, I was talking about the very elite in America and the Western world.