Ram Mandir and politics

coffee_rules

Jai Shree Ram. On Jan 22nd Modi , Yogi in the garbha gruha will perform the prana prathistha (consecration) of Ram Lalla in the Ayodhya Ram mandir.

A lot of heated debates on who should be invited by the RJB trust.

Congress and Communists have so far refused to attend. 

Edited by coffee_rules

I agree that it should not be a political issue. But people will remember it when they vote in May. 

The temple trust has invited BJP as they were responsible to make this an organic people’s movement. Others can stay out.

it’s a celebration of our civilization. Never expected this to happen n our lifetime. I have many relatives who went to Ayodhya in 1992 as kar sevaks Luckily they all survived. 

12 hours ago, cowboysfan said:

I do not like Hinduism to be  seen as a Pagan religion.Early Christians came up with this  as a derogatory term for religions which were not Christian.anyway modern paganism is now something completely different.

We are the largest and oldest stream of paganism to exist. Derogatory to barbarians worshipping the desert demon is not relevant to us, whats relevant is that it allows us to interface with modern euro paganism and influence them.

Edited by coffee_rules

On 1/10/2024 at 8:51 PM, coffee_rules said:

I agree that it should not be a political issue. But people will remember it when they vote in May. 

The temple trust has invited BJP as they were responsible to make this an organic people’s movement. Others can stay out.

it’s a celebration of our civilization. Never expected this to happen n our lifetime. I have many relatives who went to Ayodhya in 1992 as kar sevaks Luckily they all survived. 

Ideally state should not be involved in such religious event.  But yes it will be a big factor in elections.

BTW, what happened to Masjid construction?

35 minutes ago, Lord said:

Ideally state should not be involved in such religious event.  But yes it will be a big factor in elections.

State is not involved in the Mandir construction. It is all crowd-funded. No government funds. PM, CM are attending as party functionary guests invited by the Ram Mandir Trust. It is a private function. 

Funds collection issues for the Masjid. No money donated by people.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/india/construction-of-proposed-mosque-in-ayodhya-likely-to-begin-in-may/articleshow/106062024.cms?from=mdr  

40 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

State is not involved in the Mandir construction. It is all crowd-funded. No government funds. PM, CM are attending as party functionary guests invited by the Ram Mandir Trust. It is a private function. 

Funds collection issues for the Masjid. No money donated by people.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/india/construction-of-proposed-mosque-in-ayodhya-likely-to-begin-in-may/articleshow/106062024.cms?from=mdr  

Yes they can attend in personal capacity. However I think they will give a speech too,which makes it bit awkward.

1 hour ago, Lord said:

Yes they can attend in personal capacity. However I think they will give a speech too,which makes it bit awkward.

Yes, they will certainly milk it to the fullest. Congress was dumb to reject the invitation. They will lose more Hindu vote in the Hindi belt than expected. It looks like Congress have given up on 2024 and wants to consolidate mostly in the south - TN, Kerala, Punjab, WB to get more MPs than they have nw, that seems to be the strategy in rejecting.

It is not like they are totally secular and not mixing politics and religion to reject this invitation. What are those Iftar parties, RaGa with Janeu/hvans/Ganga Aarthis he did, even Sonia meeting the Church Leaders/Pope etc. BJP will milk this costly miss to the core now. Whoever advised RaGa to reject it is a dodo.  

5 hours ago, Lord said:

Unfortunately this ideal is only experimented with Hindus. Wonder why only Hindu temples are state controlled. 

So Manmohan, RaGa can go to Afg to pay respects in barbarian Babur's tomb, Sonia can go to Vatican to meet the Pope. But no Congressi wants to go to Ayodhya. These lodus organize iftar parties at state's expense, loot temples dry, give imams and padrees gifts/money.....but this is mixing politics and religion for them? Anyway timely reminder about where they stand, election mein they will face the music.

Edited by Gollum