Rohit-Dravid's legacy

Worst captain-coach duo in Indian cricket history?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. WOAT?

Dunno about this series, our bowlers may still cover up for these nalayak batsmen/captain/coach. But humiliation is inevitable in the upcoming T20 WC, that will make it 4 consecutive ICC event failures for this duo. Even Shastri-Kohli duo had only 3....2019 WC, 2021 WTC F and 2022 T20 WC. 

There were lots of flaws in Kohli-Shastri tenure.  Can't deny that.  But overall, Indian cricket was lively & entertaining to watch.  Fielding had improved and so did the overall fitness levels of most players.     On the other hand,  Rohit-Dravid duo has taken Indian cricket to dark ages.   A point of no return.   It would take a long time to set things in order whenever a new TM takes charge.  Don't see this duo lasting long.  But till 2025CT, they would get to hang around, I guess.  

6 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

There were lots of flaws in Kohli-Shastri tenure.  Can't deny that.  But overall, Indian cricket was lively & entertaining to watch.  Fielding had improved and so did the overall fitness levels of most players.     On the other hand,  Rohit-Dravid duo has taken Indian cricket to dark ages.   A point of no return.   It would take a long time to set things in order whenever a new TM takes charge.  Don't see this duo lasting long.  But till 2025CT, they would get to hang around, I guess.  

Great point about fitness culture, added that in OP. Rohit/Dravid have also done away with yo-yo tests, probably the captain can't pass the test with his bulging midsection. 

Kohli forced the team to improve its fitness and usually unathletic guys like Shami and Ashwin were in their best shape, could bowl long spells and our bowling attack was relentless because of that. Kohli led by example there. 

Edited by Gollum
17 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

On the other hand,  Rohit-Dravid duo has taken Indian cricket to dark ages.   A point of no return.   It would take a long time to set things in order whenever a new TM takes charge.

One of the biggest reason why we are in this mess is because Kohli held on too tight for way too long - why the * an over the hill Dhongi played in 2019 WC, why was Shami dropped in SF, why did Dud play for 2-3 years & then suddenly we had to transplant Shankar in that squad, why the * did we play 4 WK in the SF or field first in 2017 CT finals? Kohli's decline was evident to me in 2020 - it was clear as * that the burden of 3 formats was taking its toll on him he should've stepped down from LO & continued to captain the test side, but no he tried to pretend like he's some martyr & weasel his way into staying a cap in at least one of the LO formats! Is hamam me sab nange hai bhai log - no one is doodh ka dhola :lollypop:

18 minutes ago, Gollum said:

They have removed the fun element from Indian cricket. Even our home games in 2015-19 were so much fun, with quicks sending missiles, Saha jumping 20 feet to collect catches of Umesh etc. 

Asia Cup 2022..  Dravid called Pakistani pace attack sexy during Pre match PC & said we don't have guys like this something like Kaam chalau. Do the job types...  I knew we have a loser as a coach. 

Shameless statement to make..  And he killed our fast bowling resurrection after that. 

@express bowling @Suhaan were outraged at that statement I remember. 

Edited by Lone Wolf

Again Dravid showed up at PC today, not Rohit. Rohit has this habit of turning up for PCs only when Indian wins, never if India loses. Post WC final he was supposed to attend PC but was nowhere to be found, same happened after 1st test in RSA.

Kohli at least used to face the music in front of media post painful losses. That's leadership, more I look at Rohit, more it feels like making him captain was a big blunder. 

Edited by Gollum

I cant wait to get rid of them.

Dravid is a shockingly bad coach.

Rohit is not a good test captain at all.

Deep down, i wish Rahane scores well in domestics and comes back to captain this side.

In form Rahane, Bharat Arun and a foreign coach would be a great combo.

But i know that aint happening lol.

---

The only option left for us is to make Bumrah captain.

Bumrah will sooner or later get injured and we will end up with Kela as stand in captain :phehe:

Edited by sensible-indian
39 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Again Dravid showed up at PC today, not Rohit. Rohit has this habit of turning up for PCs only when Indian wins, never if India loses. Post WC final he was supposed to attend PC but was nowhere to be found, same happened after 1st test in RSA.

Kohli at least used to face the music in front of media post painful losses. That's leadership, more I look at Rohit, more it feels like making him captain was a big blunder. 

He was atleast clear in his mind what to do and what  not to do in tests

This guy has no answers when opposition is at the top any of the formats

1 hour ago, Lone Wolf said:

Asia Cup 2022..  Dravid called Pakistani pace attack sexy during Pre match PC & said we don't have guys like this something like Kaam chalau. Do the job types...  I knew we have a loser as a coach. 

Shameless statement to make..  And he killed our fast bowling resurrection after that. 

@express bowling @Suhaan were outraged at that statement I remember. 

Our loi bowling was no match to our test bowling  even during Shastri Kohli era

But Dravid and Rohit have gone step further they have completely demolished the supply chain even in tests

Said it many times previously that Dravid-Sharma is a horror combination similar to the dark days Dhoni & Fletcher. 

Fletcher at least with Eng had a way and style of playing, Dravid is utterly clueless and has no blueprint.

Likewise Sharma had no real strategy and style. 

They both just turn up, collect the pay cheques, lose and go home. Dravid's coaching record in particular is embarrassing - its just continuous failure.