Is anyone else fed up with watching Test Cricket in India?

This isn't alluding to the first test vs England as despite the loss it was an enthralling test match which could have gone either way. What I am dreading is what pitches we'll prepare in response to the loss. You can be sure that Dravid and Rohit will ensure that absolute dustbowls are prepared for the upcoming tests leaving no margin for error.

Fast bowlers have become redundant on such tracks unless you have Bunrah's genius. I remember the likes of Umesh and Ishant doing quite well during Tests in India, but that simply won't be possible in the current pitches. It won't help in developing quality spinners either as you mostly just need to bowl with control without really turning the ball. It's the reason why mediocrity like Axar continue to be picked over Kuldeep.

Honestly the past WC reinforced what damage Indian pacers can do on Indian pitches. Unfortunately we are hell bent on ensuring that our pace battery are redundant in half the tests they play in their career. Can't wait for the current management to exit and hopefully usher in an era of more sporting pitches.

If India loses this Test series I can see this as laying the foundations of the beginning of the end of  Test Cricket in India.

At least with the high school girl fans, losing the white ball WC doesnt matter because there is the irrelevant and meaningless IPL to follow.

With Test Cricket there is no alternative, no one watches or cares about Ranji Trophy.

We had perfected the art of laying out ideal test tracks at home, which kept all parties interested....just check Umesh and Shami's bowling at home last decade, or number of 100s/200s/300s by our batsmen. Sure there were occasional rank turners, heck even couple of green tops but by and large, sporting wickets which made the viewing experience great. Something happened after covid break, more so when this Dravid-Rohit duo took charge. WC final should have taught them the lesson, but let's see. 

Edited by Gollum
17 minutes ago, Gollum said:

We had perfected the art of laying out ideal test tracks at home, which kept all parties interested....just check Umesh and Shami's bowling at home last decade, or number of 100s/200s/300s by our batsmen. Sure there were occasional rank turners, heck even couple of green tops but by and large, sporting wickets which made the viewing experience great. Something happened after covid break, more so when this Dravid-Rohit duo took charge. WC final should have taught them the lesson, but let's see. 

It started during last time England toured. Every pitch after first test loss was rank turner

But this time we don't have Pant and even Rohit cannot play long innings anymore. It'll backfire 

Edited by Serpico

Fed up with the Indian team 's star culture.Fed up with PR ,actress wife,etc.Really didn't like how Rahul was planted in the team at any cost.How some players ie Kishan,Kuldeep have been dropped after match winning perfomances.

Not going to lie, a part of me enjoyed the spanking our team got yesterday.

It exposed the fact that if our spinners fail in 1-2 sessions, we are done in that test match. We don't have any other department good enough to bail us out after that.

Was never a fan of pitches where anyone can spin the ball on day 1. 

On such pitches, neither will we develop good batsmen, nor good pacers not even good spinners. 

Ab dekh lo maja.

At times when I used to point out this here, kuch members ke andar ka deshbhakt jaag jaata tha and they used to say every team prepares tracks that suit them, why shouldn't we. Here we are.

1 hour ago, Number said:

Not going to lie, a part of me enjoyed the spanking our team got yesterday.

It exposed the fact that if our spinners fail in 1-2 sessions, we are done in that test match. We don't have any other department good enough to bail us out after that.

Was never a fan of pitches where anyone can spin the ball on day 1. 

On such pitches, neither will we develop good batsmen, nor good pacers not even good spinners. 

Ab dekh lo maja.

At times when I used to point out this here, kuch members ke andar ka deshbhakt jaag jaata tha and they used to say every team prepares tracks that suit them, why shouldn't we. Here we are.

Have we lost the series? I mean yes I hate the players who got selected due to quota, nepotism but we don't need to give away our advantage. 

Our useless batsmen couldn't even score a measly 230 so it's on them and the dropped catches. Little pipsqueak Ollie pope was dropped 3 times. 

2 hours ago, Gollum said:

It's obviously got to do with the test championship, both Rohit and Dravid are pretty defensive in strategy, neither have foresight nor the guts to really build a strong complete unit with good fast bowlers due the fear of loosing, we don't have a single test class pacer outside shami, bumrah and siraj, since 2019 there has been zero innovation and foresight, the same old circle, sa, wi, NZ, heck even Pak tried other options. 

I am fed up with...WHY SO DEFENSIVE in approach..bad pitch in wcup finals..denfensive tactic now in chase..

Drvid said they whouldplan for Bazball..kya bc hai bhai ye..abhi tak so rhe thae..

sweeps and rev sweeps were expected..why no prep..

2 hours ago, Need4Speed said:

I am fed up with...WHY SO DEFENSIVE in approach..bad pitch in wcup finals..denfensive tactic now in chase..

Drvid said they whouldplan for Bazball..kya bc hai bhai ye..abhi tak so rhe thae..

sweeps and rev sweeps were expected..why no prep..

coz they are idiots