Kuldeep Yadav - One of the best Spin bowling spells

4 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Remember his debut in the same venue against Aus in 2017. Kohli didn’t play him in the first two tests. He didn’t want him in the third as well , but Kohli was injured. Kumble the coach and Rahane took the gamble against the captain’s wishes and debuted him. He got a 4fer on debut and India won against all odds. Rest is history. What a talent! Kohli despite the golden period legacy in Indian Test cricket, was thick headed in pushing talent. 

Rahane has contributed more as captain than Kohli,MS :giggle:

6 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

The biggest weapon of a wrist spinner, this is why I feel he should've played a lot more away!

Another reason why I hated that POS pitch on WC finals. Bowlers had nothing to work with in night

2 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

Purely in terms of big wins yes - in terms of team building you would have MS<<BRat<<RGS<<<<Rahane.

That's because of lack of opportunities. Rahane would have great if he got opportunity when he was batting well.

Kohli did nothing for team building. Always backed seniors

2 hours ago, Lord said:

He always enjoys bounce. Did well in D'Sala 2017 and Sydney too. Should be our primary spinner in SENA going forward. Let the batters take responsibility of batting

Glad Dravid backed him :p:

Tough on Akash though. I'd have played him ahead of Siraj

Akash should have played looking at Ranchi he bowled really well. I don’t know what happens to Siraj. He bowls really well and suddenly doesn’t look like taking wickets at all. He also goes the scrambled seam may be sometimes he should do what shami does.

Just now, ravishingravi said:

Absolute truth. Best captain in my life time, all considered. Same as Shane Warne, I wish they would have had a longer stint. 

yep if his batting held up, would have been a wonderful captain.

9 minutes ago, Lord said:

yep if his batting held up, would have been a wonderful captain.

He should've been retained as cap post 2021 Oz win, I said that back then as well - his batting was in form at that time. Then we came back & played on ragged pitches where no one made runs! Batting lower down the order is much harder in India, so his numbers looked even worse.

Primary team India 
Opposition team Australia  or Bangladesh  or England  or New Zealand  or Pakistan  or South Africa  or Sri Lanka  or West Indies 
Home or away away (home of opposition)  or neutral venue 
Start of match date between 1 Jan 2019 and 1 Jan 2023 
Qualifications runs scored greater than or equal to 500 

Page 1 of 1 Showing 1 - 8 of 8   First Previous Next  Last  Return to query menu
Cleared query menu
Overall figures
Player Span Mat Inns NO Runs HS Ave BF SR 100 50 0 4s 6s  
RG Sharma 2021-2021 7 14 1 561 127 43.15 1285 43.65 1 3 0 65 6  
RR Pant 2019-2022 19 33 3 1279 159* 42.63 1855 68.94 3 5 1 136 23  
GH Vihari 2019-2022 10 18 3 580 111 38.66 1314 44.14 1 3 0 79 1  
RA Jadeja 2019-2022 12 19 3 584 104 36.50 1236 47.24 1 4 0 66 5  
CA Pujara 2019-2022 20 39 2 1299 193 35.10 3456 37.58 2 9 2 160 0  
AM Rahane 2019-2022 17 32 2 957 112 31.90 2159 44.32 2 4 3 102 6  
KL Rahul 2019-2022 12 23 0 708 129 30.78 1725 41.04 2 2 1 94 3  
V Kohli 2019-2022 16 30 1 787 79 27.13 1919 41.01 0 6 2 98 1  

Edited by R!TTER
On 3/7/2024 at 10:17 PM, Lone Wolf said:

Idk Best Indian wrist spinner since Subash Gupte perhaps...  Talent & skill wise @Vijy

Loved Mishraji's loop and his googly. 

I hope Kuldeep inspires more Chinaman bowlers to unearth.  Need a wrist spin revolution in India. 

lovely bowler. still needs to work on his mental side, but has all the skills otherwise. more talented than gupte and chandra IMO, although these are early days yet

18 minutes ago, Vijy said:

lovely bowler. still needs to work on his mental side, but has all the skills otherwise. more talented than gupte and chandra IMO, although these are early days yet

Wrist spin is a tough art to maintain. That is where Kuldeep will face his challenge.

2 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Wrist spin is a tough art to maintain. That is where Kuldeep will face his challenge.

Yes if Ind is looking Kuldeep in longterm plans then his workload should be managed. Too much stress on body being a wrist spinner + he is leftarmer.

Being a leftarmer he can not rely on couple of over without trying to spin or just bowling top spinner, he would need to bowl leg spin or the googly all the times unless he works/discovers a newer variation.

7 minutes ago, tapandrun said:

Yes if Ind is looking Kuldeep in longterm plans then his workload should be managed. Too much stress on body being a wrist spinner + he is leftarmer.

Being a leftarmer he can not rely on couple of over without trying to spin or just bowling top spinner, he would need to bowl leg spin or the googly all the times unless he works/discovers a newer variation.

There will be bound to be shoulder issues. Warnie did have some issues during his career. So much stress on the shoulders. 

5 minutes ago, tapandrun said:

Don't get me wrong, but there is no guarantee that Kuldeep is going to be a sure starter for the next Test series.

Ashwin due to his experience & Jadeja due to his batting will always get the preference over him.

Unless Ashwin retires (maybe post next WTC), I don't see Kuldeep playing so regularly that his workload will be a cause of concern.

7 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

Don't get me wrong, but there is no guarantee that Kuldeep is going to be a sure starter for the next Test series.

Ashwin due to his experience & Jadeja due to his batting will always get the preference over him.

Unless Ashwin retires (maybe post next WTC), I don't see Kuldeep playing so regularly that his workload will be a cause of concern.

No that won't be the case. At home India will play all 3. With Kuldeep's enhanced batting skills India can afford to play all 3. Throw in a couple of seamers. Overseas as it is we only play 1 spinner. Now we have to drop a seamer and play Kuldeep.

15 minutes ago, tapandrun said:

workload management will happen automatically. jadeja will be sole spinner on some overseas pitches. and when 2nd spinner is required, kuldeep will still have to battle it with ashwin (although he shouldn't have to). in india, he will be one of 3 spinners, and workload can be managed accordingly