MAYANK YADAV .... EXPRESS and bouncy Indian pacer who is accurate too

20 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

The negativity they bring is absolutely depressing to read. Young Indian batters are apparently not capable of outhitting SENA guys. And somehow Indian pitches are meant for trundlers but IPL teams select SENA pacers for their pace in IPL on these trundler friendly pitches because they are quicker than Indian bowlers.  The logic is absolutely mind-blowing

Forget the logic that generates the hypothesis. Even post-logic experimental evidence is in favor of bringing in younger guys - in Tests, too. But the only way the team gets to experiment is when seniors are hurt or out on personal leave.

1 hour ago, Nikhil_cric said:

The negativity they bring is absolutely depressing to read. Young Indian batters are apparently not capable of outhitting SENA guys. And somehow Indian pitches are meant for trundlers but IPL teams select SENA pacers for their pace in IPL on these trundler friendly pitches because they are quicker than Indian bowlers.  The logic is absolutely mind-blowing

When you have guys like medium pacers, Adamant etc who keep belittling indian quicks who actually are better than sena young quicks then I am not surprised such people exist in Indian board. 

3 hours ago, Vijy said:

that is cricinfo for you. shameless trundler fetish on display

moreover, that comment is factually inaccurate. shoaib akhtar had a top-notch test and ODI career. not on par with two Ws, but arguably as good or better than any pre-bumrah/shami indian pacer [ahead of srinath IMO]. and Lee played mostly in the flattest pitch decade: had a solid enough test career given this fact.

Shoaib is much better than that overrated waqar. Wackar as we used to call him. 

Shoaib played for a much weaker side. His figures vs top sides were better than wackars

2 hours ago, Kron said:

Shoaib is much better than that overrated waqar. Wackar as we used to call him. 

Shoaib played for a much weaker side. His figures vs top sides were better than wackars

yes, he was a bit better than both Ws, even akram too, who got a fraction of wkts through ball tampering (it was mostly gone by shoaib era), lower order wkts, and friendly umpires (also went down by shoaib's period)

Edited by Vijy
21 minutes ago, Vijy said:

yes, he was a bit better than both Ws, even akram too, who got a fraction of wkts through ball tampering (it was mostly gone by shoaib era), lower order wkts, and friendly umpires (also went down by shoaib's period)

Oh I mean better than wackar for sure but no way better than wasim surely. 

1 minute ago, Kron said:

Oh I mean better than wackar for sure but no way better than wasim surely. 

Waqar is obviously overrated, but so is Wasim Akram (to a much lesser degree though; he is the 2nd best left-arm pacer of all time, behind alan davidson). I can name at least 4 pace bowlers better than him who played/debuted in 90s: Ambrose, Walsh, McGrath, Donald. IMO, peak akhtar > peak akram.

6 hours ago, Vijy said:

Just wait for the inevitable ICFers (I don't need to name them) who will come out of the woodwork and start rambling about how pace is not needed, test cricket is all about trundling with line-and-length, that mayank (or whoever) is not int'l class, to bookmark their posts, etc.

Jaidev UMadCutter :p:

1 minute ago, raki05 said:

Hope GT play Tyagi. Why kept on waisting time on oldies lets play Tyagi yaar. He also has potential. I think IPl franchise should give chance to Indian young quicks like Tyagi, Umran, Shakib, Sen and any other if i missed.Its so boring to watch Sandeep Sharma, Mohit Sharma, Bhuvis , Unadkat,

Yes. Every single genuine quicks have to keep playing. We need some sort of competition between them. They can feed of each other's success and strive for more. Sadly guys like Harshal patel is a regular.

27 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Is DDCA going to screw him over? I want him to move to state like TN  which lack fast bowlers. He also has access to MRF pace academy there.  Rana as well.

It's reverse actually.

DDCA is promoting Harshit, Mayank as their white ball prospects. Ofcourse they are rotated along with Saini & Ishant.

DDCA unleased Himanshu Chauhan this year, another tall aggressive fast bowler. Pace maybe around 138-145, looked very similar to Kuldeep Sen.

TN is wasting Lokesh Raj tbh, they mishandled Kuldeep Sen as well. Prithviraj Yarra is another left arm quick who is being wasted in Andhra.

25 minutes ago, raki05 said:

Hope GT play Tyagi. Why kept on waisting time on oldies lets play Tyagi yaar. He also has potential. I think IPl franchise should give chance to Indian young quicks like Tyagi, Umran, Shakib, Sen and any other if i missed.Its so boring to watch Sandeep Sharma, Mohit Sharma, Bhuvis , Unadkat,

Yes, Tyagi can't be wasted anymore. He must play and I am sure he must be motivated enough to perform.

Also post this IPL, I would like Tyagi to switch state, no point wasting time playing for UPCA who is more interested in playing trundlers like Aaqib Khan, Ankit Rajpoot, Vinit Panwar.

Edited by singhvivek141
8 hours ago, Vijy said:

depends also on individual mindset. Bumrah did not have much proper coaching.

anyway, umran will require careful and constant input until he can stand independently on his own two legs. this is not a slight against him, just how it is for now

Bumrah came from the system. Played u19 cricket for Gujarat.