Visited any new place ? Share your trip report.

Number

On 4/25/2024 at 1:58 AM, Mariyam said:

@EnterTheVoid How did the wife agree?

What was your breakfast.

In 2022 , we were in Greece and were passing the Corinth canal. It had a bungee jumping thing in the canal where in two people could take the plunge ( pun intended) together. the Mr was being all Sam Bahadur and was suggesting that we try.

I was like: Pre nup mein iska koi zikr nahi hai

The wife came to find out about it later. She was upset she missed out!

I just had a can of red bull. Although, the red bull didn't do anything. Could have had water and got the same result.

I hear Mr. Mariyam about bungy jumping into the canal. I bungy jumped off the Nevis bungy pod into the Shotover River below.

Edited by EnterTheVoid

Recently went to this place which had a huge collection of printed material. While mostly it was organised but the entire experience of finding a manual and then the exact page of what I wanted to read was extremely painful. Never going back there again. My son was calling this place his school library. 

On 3/31/2024 at 7:22 PM, Mariyam said:

I am going to Portugal in May with my mom and my daughter. A girls trip.

Lisbon, Peniche, Nazare, Coimbra, Porto and Algrave.

If we can jugaad for the tickets, will also attend a Taylor Swift concert while in Lisbon.

So I planned the trip around this concert, which is on the 25th. 

I bought tickets from stubhub and haven’t received them yet. The way it works is that the original tickets are emailed to the people who bought it first and then the first purchasers sell it on stub hub to the rest of us. The first part hasn’t yet happened and we are nearing the concert date. I leave India over the weekend.

At what point do I start worrying? Is this regular fare for people purchasing tickets from stub hub? Does anyone here have any prior experience of transacting on this said portal?

2 hours ago, Mariyam said:

So I planned the trip around this concert, which is on the 25th. 

I bought tickets from stubhub and haven’t received them yet. The way it works is that the original tickets are emailed to the people who bought it first and then the first purchasers sell it on stub hub to the rest of us. The first part hasn’t yet happened and we are nearing the concert date. I leave India over the weekend.

At what point do I start worrying? Is this regular fare for people purchasing tickets from stub hub? Does anyone here have any prior experience of transacting on this said portal?

Worry about visa unless you have multiple entry schengen. Have to go to Goa otherwise to get it. 

22 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

Worry about visa unless you have multiple entry schengen. Have to go to Goa otherwise to get it. 

What?

Getting the visa was not difficult. They’ve started granting 2 year visas now.

I’m talking about the tickets on Stubhub.

The crux of your response (or humour) was lost on me

1 hour ago, Mariyam said:

What?

Getting the visa was not difficult. They’ve started granting 2 year visas now.

I’m talking about the tickets on Stubhub.

The crux of your response (or humour) was lost on me

No humour. Unfortunately sad memories from my last visit to Portugal from India. 

But I am glad you have that sorted.