WT20 India squad announced

5 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Looking to the IPL for T20 WC selections is a double-edged sword. While the league has served as a starting point for a good number of Team India players, it can also cause recency bias from being scheduled right before the WC.

Can you ignore Abhishek Sharma and Parag?  But what if they struggle in alien conditions?

Do you drop Jaiswal based on his IPL struggles so far?

What about Rinku Singh - has he lost his mojo?

Can Pant hold up through IPL *and* WC?

Is Mayank Yadav really ready?

If Chahal keeps the purple cap, do you have to select him?

What if IPL is just entertainment and most international stars (esp bowlers) are not going all out, but will do so in the T20WC?

Overall, do you select based on previous T20I performances or give more weight to current IPL form?

Agarkar and Co will really have to earn their pay cheque this time around.

Great post. 

I think it would be a combination of Obvious selections + some based on form + some based on X Factor

Irrespective of whom Agarkar selects, there is going to be a bunch of cricketers and fans left dissatisfied.

11 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Maybe he needs to cool his heels and go back to the drawing board.

He needs to become more consistent and stop show boating.He needs to act as if  he has taken wicket before.

One of most disappointing bowlers in world cup for India.He was so called number one bowler in odis then too.

Edited by putrevus
14 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Looking to the IPL for T20 WC selections is a double-edged sword. While the league has served as a starting point for a good number of Team India players, it can also cause recency bias from being scheduled right before the WC.

Can you ignore Abhishek Sharma and Parag?  But what if they struggle in alien conditions?

What if IPL is just entertainment and most international stars (esp bowlers) are not going all out, but will do so in the T20WC?

Overall, do you select based on previous T20I performances or give more weight to current IPL form?

all very valid and pertinent questions.

19 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

There are guys like Kohli , Rohit, KL, Hardik etc. who have hardly played T20I cricket since the last World T20.

On what basis should they be selected then ?

Selecting based on IPL does not mean looking at their raw numbers and putting them in the squad. 

It is possible to look for specifics over a period of 3 seasons. 

https://grassrootscricket.pk/do-not-forget-pace-pakistan/

This is by a Pakistani analyst and from this, it's clear who are the best players of high pace (140+) in Pakistan.

I have not seen anything similar for Indian batsmen in the last couple of years but I suspect there are a couple of players at least in the IPL who are better than incumbents in the Indian team. 

4 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

There are guys like Kohli , Rohit, KL, Hardik etc. who have hardly played T20I cricket since the last World T20.

On what basis should they be selected then ?

Selecting based on IPL does not mean looking at their raw numbers and putting them in the squad. 

It is possible to look for specifics over a period of 3 seasons. 

https://grassrootscricket.pk/do-not-forget-pace-pakistan/

This is by a Pakistani analyst and from this, it's clear who are the best players of high pace (140+) in Pakistan.

I have not seen anything similar for Indian batsmen in the last couple of years but I suspect there are a couple of players at least in the IPL who are better than incumbents in the Indian team. 

Someone please tell the Pakistani selectors that Babar Azam and below are the best.

The team I want

Abhishek Sharma

Yashaswi Jaiswal

Sanju samson

Sky

Riyan parag

Hardik pandya

Rinku singh

Kuldeep

Bumrah

Shami

Mayank Yadav

Parag & Abhishek can be 6th bowler

The Team that will be selected

Rohit

Gill

Kohli

Sky

Rahul

Pandya

Jadega

Kuldeep

Bumrah

Siraj

Arshdeep

Edited by PSB_Zone

Bcci xi:

1-Rohit(captain)

2-Jaisawal/Gill(if Jswal completely flops in this ipl)

3-Kohli

4-SKY

5-Pandya

6-KL

7-Jadeja

8-Axar/Thakur

9-Kuldeep

10-Bumrah

11-Arshdeep

Mine xi:

1-Gil(if Rohitbis not agressive like odi wcup)

2-Jaisawal(Kishan) if Jswal completely flops and Kishan is in good form)..

I blv jswal is bit overagressive currently and probably will return in form..Kishan as opener will also help as WK and accomodate Rinku too

3-Kohli(omit if Jswal plays as I want Rinku at any cost)

4-SKY

4/5-Rinku(add keeper bat in place of Kohli here if Jswal plays)

6-Pandya-mazboori

7-Tilak Verma(Pandya 5th bowler,TV 6th..stupid tm not grooming him)/Axar

8-Jadeja-mazboori

9-Bumrah

10-Arshdeep(I am not finding any other better option esp due to Mayank Yadav injury concerns)

even my team isnt convincing due to Pandya and Jaddu in lower order when other teams have hitters changing the match we have these mazboori ARs

edit-just saw @PSB_Zone team..Abhishek Sharma not a bad option to accomodate and make team better..

Edited by Need4Speed
On 4/12/2024 at 8:46 AM, PSB_Zone said:

The team I want

Abhishek Sharma

Yashaswi Jaiswal

Sanju samson

Sky

Riyan parag

Hardik pandya

Rinku singh

Kuldeep

Bumrah

Shami

Mayank Yadav

Parag & Abhishek can be 6th bowler

The Team that will be selected

Rohit

Gill

Kohli

Sky

Rahul

Pandya

Jadega

Kuldeep

Bumrah

Shami

Arshdeep

Shami is injured,it will be a miracle if he is even ready for the Bangladesh Tests.

Not sure why, but we are again getting carried away by the IPL performance for T20I's.

Jaiswal hasn't done much this season, so does Rinku. But for me they both would be absolute lock in the T20 team, coz they are the ones who play with "T20 mindset".

Parag has shown consistency, but he is batting at no 4, he always struggled whenever he had to bat at no 5-6-7 and hit from ball one. Can he do that ? That's still an open ended question.

Kishan, Samson has done well..but at top 3. Are we sure they will have the same impact if they had to push down the order ? As only one of them can bat at top 3 (provided Kohli isn't selected).

If Kohli & Rohit both are in the team, then none of the combinations would work coz then we are pushing every performer away from their preferred zone of batting. We are again looking for the compromises.

We need batters who can play at 5-6-7, this habit of pushing a top order batter down the order has never worked. And also top 4 is not a problem, we can many options. 

Edited by singhvivek141
On 4/12/2024 at 10:04 PM, Need4Speed said:

Bcci xi:

1-Rohit(captain)

2-Jaisawal/Gill(if Jswal completely flops in this ipl)

3-Kohli

4-SKY

5-Pandya

6-KL

7-Jadeja

8-Axar/Thakur

9-Kuldeep

10-Bumrah

11-Arshdeep

Mine xi:

1-Gil(if Rohitbis not agressive like odi wcup)

2-Jaisawal(Kishan) if Jswal completely flops and Kishan is in good form)..

I blv jswal is bit overagressive currently and probably will return in form..Kishan as opener will also help as WK and accomodate Rinku too

3-Kohli(omit if Jswal plays as I want Rinku at any cost)

4-SKY

4/5-Rinku(add keeper bat in place of Kohli here if Jswal plays)

6-Pandya-mazboori

7-Tilak Verma(Pandya 5th bowler,TV 6th..stupid tm not grooming him)/Axar

8-Jadeja-mazboori

9-Bumrah

10-Arshdeep(I am not finding any other better option esp due to Mayank Yadav injury concerns)

even my team isnt convincing due to Pandya and Jaddu in lower order when other teams have hitters changing the match we have these mazboori ARs

edit-just saw @PSB_Zone team..Abhishek Sharma not a bad option to accomodate and make team better..

Why ur mine X1 has only 10 memebers?

On 4/13/2024 at 11:40 AM, singhvivek141 said:

Not sure why, but we are again getting carried away by the IPL performance for T20I's.

Jaiswal hasn't done much this season, so does Rinku. But for me they both would be absolute lock in the T20 team, coz they are the ones who play with "T20 mindset".

Parag has shown consistency, but he is batting at no 4, he always struggled whenever he had to bat at no 5-6-7 and hit from ball one. Can he do that ? That's still an open ended question.

Kishan, Samson has done well..but at top 3. Are we sure they will have the same impact if they had to push down the order ? As only one of them can bat at top 3 (provided Kohli isn't selected).

If Kohli & Rohit both are in the team, then none of the combinations would work coz then we are pushing every performer away from their preferred zone of batting. We are again looking for the compromises.

We need batters who can play at 5-6-7, this habit of pushing a top order batter down the order has never worked. And also top 4 is not a problem, we can many options. 

Rinku is in my team and Jswam

too however I am seeing Jswak being overagressive or failing while scoring against shorter balls..

wcup is also t20 format so same approach may be there and he may be targeted by analysts with this weakness..

however he is a focussed lad and should sort it out soon..

• The title was changed to WT20 India squad announced