Want to get in shape for summer? Join in...

Lurker

10 hours ago, mishra said:

Few days back i saw a group of guys lifing around 180+- kgs as part of deadlift. I never lift heavy, around 70 kgs limit. Got inspired. Stepped to 120. One lift and instantly it became dark in front of my eyes for couple of seconds. So just to be clear and sure, tried one more time. Happened same again

No message on this thread abou deadlift is to be blamed:fear1:

Yes it happens due to blood and oxygen not reaching quickly into brain. Happens with me too. Yes, people do hit even heavier too. All depends on strength. My max is 140 till now. My aim is to achieve 200.

13 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Yes it happens due to blood and oxygen not reaching quickly into brain. Happens with me too. Yes, people do hit even heavier too. All depends on strength. My max is 140 till now. My aim is to achieve 200.

Hmm! Ta. I was scared. Thought  i may have some medical condition.

but i am not going beyond 70 now. 

2 hours ago, laaloo said:

Anyone ever dealt with plantar fasciitis? My feet really hurt after some time while working out. I tried Dr.scholls but no difference. 

Many pain/aches at various leg joints with root cause as future arithritis is common among Desis who start workout at your age.

If thats the case take precautions. Cause arithritis is looming. 

By precautions i mean add ingredients like calcium and cod liver oil in ur diet

14 hours ago, mishra said:

Hmm! Ta. I was scared. Thought  i may have some medical condition.

but i am not going beyond 70 now. 

Momentary Dizziness. Feeling lightheaded or dizzy during or after an intense strength training workout is not uncommon. The sensation comes from the increased strain placed on your heart when lifting heavy weights, which impacts your blood pressure. ... Dehydration can also contribute tolightheadedness.

It's either a lack of oxygen to the brain or you had low blood-glucose levels.

breathe properly when you lift, and eat some carbs pre-workout.

On 05/04/2017 at 6:11 PM, rahulrulezz said:

Keto diet? What is that. 

keto diet is a low carb diet, where the body produces ketones in the liver to be used as energy. 

Ketosis is a natural process the body initiates to help us survive when food intake is low. During this state, we produce ketones, which are produced from the breakdown of fats in the liver.

The end goal of a properly maintained keto diet is to force your body into this metabolic state. We don’t do this through starvation of calories but starvation of carbohydrates.

Cricket season is here and even though I put on some pounds during my recent trip to India where I ate everything thing I wanted to and drank without any concern, I seem to have shed most of it in just 10 days. That is because I caught that weight gain right away. It's called temporary weight gain which you can easily get rid of if you work it out right away.

Now ready to bowl this season in our 40 over championship tournament starting next month after memorial day weekend. Looking to gain some muscles so focusing on weights but not too much and don't want to get too bulky near the arms areas, just a tad bit.. 

RUN/WALK/RUN WALK 

2 minutes ago, velu said:

walk/walk/walk/walk

DZ2JOQt.jpg

Yes, it works well. I am glad you are seeing the results.

I screwed up my Ankle and did not want to make it worse so was giving running some rest, while I continued walking on decent incline and sometimes on standard elevation. It works pretty well, still the simplest hack of staying in shape.